• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
heads up. Super Sonico Nurse is on sale (51% off) at amiami

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-MOE-5418

FIG-MOE-5418.jpg

about 40~ bucks before shipping

I have to move shortly. I am trying to pack up all my figures.
Another idea, if you're moving a figure that's like... over $100, is you can buy large-ish spongey foam blocks from Michaels or similar craft stores and essentially carve out a custom fit.

IMGP1617.jpg

You can even even use the remnants to stick into any negative space of the figures. The trick is to make sure they don't bounce around that much, and have the soft packing diffuse the brunt of any shock.

Also... wanted to add a reply to the next page so your question wouldn't be forgotten.

gfdoom

i have this! yea, it's really nice.

they rereleased it but changed the bat symbol to the circle one so it would not be the same. probably easier to find that one.

ah, noticed they reversed the base colors too.

review_bbwmm2_4.jpg

wow they really captured Mike Mignola's style! Cool stuff!

Another idea, if you're moving a figure that's like... over $100, is you can buy large-ish spongey foam blocks from Michaels or similar craft stores and essentially carve out a custom fit.

IMGP1617.jpg

You can even even use the remnants to stick into any negative space of the figures. The trick is to make sure they don't bounce around that much, and have the soft packing diffuse the brunt of any shock.

Also... wanted to add a reply to the next page so your question wouldn't be forgotten.

I have several over that price, and yeah. Thank you for reposting the question. :)

I totally didn't think of the comforter idea OR the foam. I was just going to grab small packing styrofoam pellets and lots of bubblewrap.

The comforter idea will work really well for some of my recent G1 transformers pickups too, now that I think about it. Most of those can be transformed into relatively flat or solid shapes and the comforter should solve the packing issue.

Much obliged, man. Thanks a lot.

I shouldn't.

D:

Eh, probably won't. Super Sonico comes off as boring to me after seeing her so much; same with Tamaki from To Heart.

honestly I was "done" with figures for awhile until kotobukiya Chunli, cammy, xiaoyu were revealed since I had amazon GC but after everbody talking about sonico and it being 51% off... I just had too =(

Ken

Am I able to pay for AmiAmi orders with credit cards after the order is ready? I have an order set to be paid by PayPal right now but might decide to pay with a credit card instead.

Leunam

Was there ever a good Yukari figure released? I want dat.

I also REALLY want this but the prices are outrageous. Looks like $200 at the very least.

review_migbats_3.jpg

Ah the Mike Mignola Batman Black & White statue. I've been collecting the B&W series of Batman statues and I passed on this when it first came out because I was an idiot. Real shame as it would have stood out more than the other guys I have. Missed out on the Lee Bermejo Joker also.

hayejin

Anyone know if SAL shipment traking normally goes about a week without being updated?
says "Dispatch from outward office of exchange" on the 6th.

Yes.
You might even get the parcel on your door step even if the tracking doesn't show the item arriving in customs.

Also you can use USPS tracking to get a better tracking information on SAL and EMS tracking number.

Jube3

First edition of Enterbay's 1/6 Michael Jordan announcement soon.

299606_550825618263604_969961057_n.jpg

Surprised to see its the #45 jersey, I can't wait to see the final. I want to pick it up but I really dislike that knee joints they used on Kobe and the way the jersey fit. If they changed that up I think I will definitely grab one.

My SAL Registered shipment from 12/22 arrived just 5 min ago, I'm in the US. The tracking went from departed Tokyo on 12/23 straight to delivered, so those refreshing the tracking site, it may be closer than it appears.

It's D-Arts Mega Man and ME3 Tali. I'll probably post some quick iphone pics later

Sushigod7

Ah the Mike Mignola Batman Black & White statue. I've been collecting the B&W series of Batman statues and I passed on this when it first came out because I was an idiot. Real shame as it would have stood out more than the other guys I have. Missed out on the Lee Bermejo Joker also.

You know it's strange I look at this figure and thought ehhh strange pose etc. But the more I look at it the more I love it and want it even more. Something about it is calling to me I can't explain it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
When ordering Registered SAL vs. Unregistered SAL, does it make a difference when a package gets lost? Would I be more successful with a Registered SAL claim, or would I be SOL regardless?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
amiami has some details in their shipping faq:
http://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/faq2.html#02

it says SAL Registered is covered up to 6000 JPY and SAL Unregistered is No compensation for lost, stolen, damaged, or pilfered shipments

Thanks. I'd seen that, but I was wondering if anyone had any first hand knowledge of a missing package. Like, would I be able to approach AmiAmi customer service regarding it or would I have to file a claim with the SAL shipping service.

They're doing four jersey editions for him. 45, 23(2) and I think Washington Wizards jersey.

I don't know why this made me think of it (and sorry for going off topic for a sec) but my roommates recently went to the Madame Tussauds in DC and apparently the Gilbert Arenas wax statue in his Wizards jersey is still there. Even Jordan would be more appropriate than that.

Back on topic...I don't have many non-animu figures, but that #45 Jordan I would consider getting. Seeing as there will probably never be a Mark Price figure.

dankir

Kind of shitty but not really surprised. The Hot Toys "The Bat" will be in 1/12 scale only, which sucks cuz none of the Batman figures are going to fit in it.

I guess there were issues with quality and price if it was going to be 1/6.

252092_470204286374900_790662595_n.jpg

396135_470605279668134_463014086_n.jpg

Looks like there's going to be an Batman Arkham City / Asylum line?

428125_470605266334802_1460621774_n.jpg

SUPARSTARX

Damn. Enterbay just released their data sheet for the 1/6 Michael Jordan. It's retailing for $282 in Hong Kong. It's gonna be $300-$325 going to the states unless it's only the pricing for this first limited edition. :(

266758_550848561594643_139027831_o.jpg

SUPARSTARX

UpperDeck/Michael Jordan pricing premium. I wonder how much more this license cost Enterbay compared to the NBA one for the other players they have in planning after Kobe Bryant heh.

So basically the $282 set comes with: #45 jersey, warm up jacket & pants, basketball, trophy, two or three changeable heads, ten changeable hands, new EB stand, pair of Jordan 10's

LiK

i've given up on Enterbay, I only own their Onimusha 3 and Ip Man figures. they are too expensive for my blood considering how little they offer in accessories and the quality of the sculpt isn't as nice as Hot Toys.

SUPARSTARX

I've been pretty impressed by their more recent work. And yeah, they do tend to get on the bit more expensive side because they use EMS to ship which tacks on a lot.

Hot Toys has some advantage in reducing some shipping costs because they have official distributors and probably get some discount shipping in bulk. But lately a lot of stuff from Hot Toys is jumping up to the same prices as EB too.

Luckily EB did get themselves an American distributor through Diamond Comics Distributions so for better pricing we have to wait a bit longer for releases.

I might get the Jordan but if the price is right. They're also doing a 1/6 basketball hoop and backboard.

3pVegl.jpg

iuK30l.jpg

uui15l.jpg

9J1v4l.jpg

Guys, watch out for that Husk! Oh wait it's just Shepard lol

oFLlnl.jpg

cKqE7l.jpg

GxLrXl.jpg

z634dl.jpg

J8xvdl.jpg

So Tali is REALLY good, definitely the best of the 3 that I have. I'm sure the fact that she has a facemask helps so she doesn't look like the Shepards or Ashley's fig, but Tali's paint and detail is great. Since she's smaller than the guys, her weight is more to my liking as well; maleshep and Garrus are really dense and heavier than you'd think. She does have some hideous ball joint elbows and wrists, plus one of her waist belts is warped a bit on mine, but that's ok. Almost forgot, her hands have difficulty holding onto the shotgun she came with to the point where it might be pistol only. I would have appreciated an omni tool or her combat drone as accessories.

Side note, amiami has Garrus and Maleshep on sale for like $30 each. I'm keeping an eye on Femshep and Ashley, wasn't planning on getting them ever but if they drop as well, I'll bite.

Onto Mega Man, I am disappointed. I don't regret the purchase and will continue to get any Classic MM figs they release, but I can see why they had to add Rush and Met now; they wouldn't be able to get away with charging any more than $10 for Mega Man alone. As you can see in my picture with Link next to him, he's small, which is appropriate for Mega Man, but because of this he has stubby arms and legs. Any poses I put him in weren't too dramatic just because of how short everything is. The legs are so bulbous as well, again appropriate, but that made putting him in jumping poses kind of sucky.

Third year in a row for me. Best membership ever. This year's is sick, better than the previous two imo.

Third year here too. 2011 was good, last year's was ok, but this year looks the best yet.

Blanc Hunter is quality, the packaging is class, and the shirt's pretty nice as well... and there's the signed print.

Tali looks awesome, I can't wait to get a hold of her. Here's hoping we get Liara and Wrex.

I fear a Krogan fig. Garrus is dense and heavy as it is, a Krogan would probably break through the bottom of any shelf he's put on. I have a hunch these figures aren't selling well, I'm skeptical on any further ones. Fingers crossed, of course. I'd be happy with Liara, EDI, and Legion. And Thane. And Jack. And Miranda. And Kasumi. And Blasto.

wow, Tali is out already? i have her preordered from BBTS. i agree about Shep, I wish he came with a Helmeted head. It's so fugly.

Yep, was released in Japan late Dec. Should be making it's way over to the american outlets real soon.

johnsmith

remember me
Got this in the mail today. Really blew it by not preordering this one. Had my eye on her for a while, and she sold out right before release. By the time I was able to grab her I had to pay full MSRP, when I could have saved 20% (about $20) if I had preordered. Oh well. At least I got her, and still way cheaper than ebay/plamoya.
ib0fRwKhYNQ8Lc.JPG

Lesson learned, and Hacker is preordered.
ibn99mbXoQaCCG.jpg

I hope they keep making figures from this game. I'd love if the Destroyer got one.
iBx92d1QizwJg.png

I fear a Krogan fig. Garrus is dense and heavy as it is, a Krogan would probably break through the bottom of any shelf he's put on. I have a hunch these figures aren't selling well, I'm skeptical on any further ones. Fingers crossed, of course. I'd be happy with Liara, EDI, and Legion. And Thane. And Jack. And Miranda. And Kasumi. And Blasto.
If they make a Mass Effect 2 character then I'll want them to make em all, and we know that's never going to happen. The most realistic thing I can expect is that they'll at least finish off the Mass Effect 1 cast. Gimme Liara, Wrex and Kaidan and I'll be happy.

I caved in and ordered the Jaina Solo bishoujo figure from Amazon yesterday...rather than trying to attempt to explain the whole EU thing if peeps ever ask about it I'll just say it's anime Leia with a haircut dressing up as Luke lol

Onto Mega Man, I am disappointed. I don't regret the purchase and will continue to get any Classic MM figs they release, but I can see why they had to add Rush and Met now; they wouldn't be able to get away with charging any more than $10 for Mega Man alone. As you can see in my picture with Link next to him, he's small, which is appropriate for Mega Man, but because of this he has stubby arms and legs. Any poses I put him in weren't too dramatic just because of how short everything is. The legs are so bulbous as well, again appropriate, but that made putting him in jumping poses kind of sucky.

Wow MM is really tiny! The Kotobukiya Model looks way better than that and is about 6-7 inches which is probably about the size of that Figma Link? Cool that Bandai is doing the Mega Man figures, bummer the execution is not what I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom