• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody buy this before I do.
(Pre-owned ITEM:A / BOX:B)Revoltech Yamaguchi No.086 Professor Layton
2,420 JPY
Reading the comments on mfc, these were being clearanced out for 800-900 yen 2years ago, man.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-IPN-0984-R004&page=top
qHV4U.jpg

Yeah, I remember that, and I still passed :(. But I've already blown through my figure budget for the month so it's all yours ;).

Worst case, I can't order form AmiAmi anymore? :| I don't really mind since Gunpla is cheaper at other stores...But I feel slimy doing that.

If you have a good reason, you won't have a problem with them when cancelling an order. I've had to cancel a few times over the last few years and have had no problems although I try not to abuse it.

LiK

I think they use the FAQ to prevent cancelations but if you really need to cancel then they'll do it without penalty. I doubt they wanna lose customers.

I think they use the FAQ to prevent cancelations but if you really need to cancel then they'll do it without penalty. I doubt they wanna lose customers.

I do like AmiAmi (I certainly give them a lot of my money) so I do try to make sure I absolutely want what I'm ordering. They've been very good to me so I try to keep that in mind.

Sylver

Banned
Is there any release date for Orchid Seed’s Chiharu Nishikawa?
y5QFv.jpg

I need to close my collection (with just 11 figures) and that's the last one in my radar, have been more than 2 years since de announcement with multiple delays.
Any info about?
Thnks

I ordered Huntress, Power Girl, and Batgirl (Black Costume) from Kirin Hobby last month and they still haven't shipped. They still haven't gotten Huntress in stock.

Somebody buy this before I do.
(Pre-owned ITEM:A / BOX:B)Revoltech Yamaguchi No.086 Professor Layton
2,420 JPY
Reading the comments on mfc, these were being clearanced out for 800-900 yen 2years ago, man.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-IPN-0984-R004&page=top
qHV4U.jpg

Never knew they released a Layton figure @_@.

Jeff-DSA

I had to pick up a thermometer and some medicine from Walgreens, and as I was passing the toy aisle some dude was struggling to keep hold of all the blind box toys he was buying. I asked him if he had a kid who was addicted or something, and he told me he was chasing down the rare toy and that this was the 3rd Walgreens that he had hit for the day. He then told me that he was going to open them all out front and that I could have all of his doubles if I wanted them. Heck yes I did! I guess Captain America was the rare one, and he got two, so I even got that off of him.

They're not the best looking toys, but they have a decent charm to them. For free? Can't complain.

Avengers assemble!

IvwMi.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic. It's just my cell phone at my desk...

^Those are cool, Jeff. How much do they cost each? Just wondering to see how much money worth you got for free. Are you missing anyone from the set? Nick Fury maybe?

Jeff-DSA

^Those are cool, Jeff. How much do they cost each? Just wondering to see how much money worth you got for free. Are you missing anyone from the set? Nick Fury maybe?

Nick Fury was the only one I didn't get from him. They are $1.99 a pack, but I think that was a sale price. The guy bought like 50 of them. There's more than figures though. Some of the things he opened up were mini skateboards and these little disc launchers. Everything was Avengers themed, however.

They're not the best looking toys, but they have a decent charm to them. For free? Can't complain.

I have the full set. The thing I hate is those plastic stands holding them up will bend over time. They're undisaplayable now. :(

I pre-ordered the D-Arts classic Mega Man figure from Amazon months ago and it's still not available. However, it's available from 3rd party sellers at a higher price.

Amazon usually gets these D-Arts figures in at some point but I'm starting to get worried. What should I do?

I pre-ordered the D-Arts classic Mega Man figure from Amazon months ago and it's still not available. However, it's available from 3rd party sellers at a higher price.

Amazon usually gets these D-Arts figures in at some point but I'm starting to get worried. What should I do?

I think only you can make that decision. Are you patient enough to wait for it? Do you mind paying extra $$ to have it right now? Amazon will surely get it eventually, but when... Amazon's price is $45? That seems pretty pricey already... how much did I pay at amiami? Looking it up now...

OK. MM was 2570 yen, shipping for him plus another fig was 1490 so I guess I'll just split that in half for the sake of a ballpark figure...$37.44

Sorry, just thinking out loud, but yeah. It's up to you. I think those alternate amazon sellers who have it for $50-$65 are charging way too much though

LadyRiven

I had to pick up a thermometer and some medicine from Walgreens, and as I was passing the toy aisle some dude was struggling to keep hold of all the blind box toys he was buying. I asked him if he had a kid who was addicted or something, and he told me he was chasing down the rare toy and that this was the 3rd Walgreens that he had hit for the day. He then told me that he was going to open them all out front and that I could have all of his doubles if I wanted them. Heck yes I did! I guess Captain America was the rare one, and he got two, so I even got that off of him.

Avengers assemble!

IvwMi.jpg

What a nice guy! They're really cute, especially Black Widow!

Also, love your Ninja Turtles. :D

I think only you can make that decision. Are you patient enough to wait for it? Do you mind paying extra $$ to have it right now? Amazon will surely get it eventually, but when... Amazon's price is $45? That seems pretty pricey already... how much did I pay at amiami? Looking it up now...

OK. MM was 2570 yen, shipping for him plus another fig was 1490 so I guess I'll just split that in half for the sake of a ballpark figure...$37.44

Sorry, just thinking out loud, but yeah. It's up to you. I think those alternate amazon sellers who have it for $50-$65 are charging way too much though

I'm in no rush - if you think Amazon will eventually get it, then I can wait. Thanks!

A couple recent pickups (never even knew this thread existed!). I'm an AVID Hot Toys and sideshow collector. Love the 1/6th scale stuff. Probably own about 20 or so figures and a good number of Sideshow statues to go with it.

Sideshow Premium Format Freddy Krueger:

Hot Toys 1/6th Scale The Dark Knight Rises Batman (alongside the Batman Begins and Superman Hot Toys figures as well):

Hot Toys 1/6th Scale T-800 from Terminator 2:

Amazon, in all likelihood, is probably getting their stock from Bluefin, the North American distributor for Bandai Tamashii Nations product. You can probably expect your Mega Man once Bluefin starts to ship their's out to retailers.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
There hasn't been any protos, yet. But I'm hoping for a Vic and an Inhert eventually.

I would also like to see some of the fodder enemies like Raptors and Mummyheads, but I doubt that'll happen.

Vic and Nephtis then inhert i hope. I would love a LEV figure as well.

Vic and Nephtis then inhert i hope. I would love a LEV figure as well.

I admit, if they did a LEV and a Raptor, I would have an extremely difficult time not ordering three of each and doing a mini Aumaan Crevasse diorama.

In fact I'm giving myself a half chub just thinking about that.

Ban Puncher

Any difference between the P.O.P. Shirahoshi that is available now (Initial Release Ver.) and the one available in March (Re-release Ver.)?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
AmiAmi was cool about me cancelling my preorder. Thanks to those who suggested I email them about it. They basically said, "We don't usually allow this, but we understand things come up."

I wonder how much longer it will take BBTS to get/ship their REX orders?

I just thought of this, but it's a major missed opportunity that REX's packaging didn't look like the classic MGS1 cardboard box; here's hoping RAY comes in this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom