• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the rumour from Eurogamer of PS1/PS2 emulation with 1080p scaling, and thuway repeating the same rumour, combined with the timing of the things already happening like the theme, the limited edition console, the tweets from @PlayStationEU and I saw a bunch of posts on PlayStation's Facebook with pictures of the PS2 memory cards with #memories and a few others; it is definitely reinforcing the nostalgia and announcing emulation would definitely be seen (to some) as a system-selling feature.

PS1/PS2 BC would be a fucking gigaton announcement. If it gets announced I will buy my PS4 yesterday.

Can somebody please summarise what went on at the 20th Anniversary show?

Google isn't my friend today and is just bringing up PSN discounts and that 20th Anniversary edition PS4, which is amazing.

jVfSjl6EcWsbI.PNG

Gravity Rush Remastered? or could it be Gravity Rush 2???

Oh dear...

SDCowboy

Gotta get off this nostalgia train. That would be meaningless for the new generation of gamers and make them feel like this thing is only for old people.

Something inspired by the old? Maybe.

This is a 20th Anniversary show. Nostalgia should be a huge part of it. Hell they just showed the retro PS4. And I hate to break it to you, but people in their mid 20s-early 30s aren't old...

Shahed

Well I'd find Street Fighter V irrelevant. Not because it's an irrelevant franchise, but the game is coming anyway eventually. If Sony got an exclusive from Capcom, i'd rather be a game that might not have existed otherwise. Something like Dragons Dogma 2 or a revived IP

LuuKyK

Are respawn going to be there?

Yes:

Greatness for Everyone (December 6 at 11:30 a.m.) – Panel with representatives from Titanfall developer Respawn Entertainment, 505 Games, Sony’s MLB development team, and Sony’s University Relations team. It’s the perfect panel for people hoping to learn how to break into the game industry, Monacelli says.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Eh, I dont see any SF being flat out exclusive with Ono saying Capcom wont back sequels that wont do at least 2 million. Maybe timed.

Salex_

If SF5 was exclusive to PS4 wouldn't it then become the default console at EVO etc.?

No. If Microsoft is sponsoring the event, Xbox will still be the default console for multiplat fighting games at EVO. They'll just have to bring out PS4s for SFV matches.

BTW, where is this SFV speculation coming from this morning? I ruled it out based on all of the information I found about Ono's exclusive this year.

they are part of a panel on how to break into the industry

I saw that, but I don't think his question was geared to that. This thread is in beyond hype mode and Respawn will not be there, just one of their employees. About a hundred pages pack people were expecting TF2 to be announced at this event....

Just trying to kill that rumor before it kicks off.

I don't think PlayStation Access is owned by Sony, their apart of the Yogscast.

Judging by the fact they're called PlayStation UK on twitter and facebook and are verified accounts, It would seem they've been absorbed into PS to be the UK community management team of sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom