• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rurunaki

There isn't one.

crying-man-o.gif

zeromcd73

Personal Predictions

- Ratchet and Clank PS4 first look
- Uncharted 4 gameplay
- Gravity Rush HD
- Gravity Rush 2
- Hot Shots Golf
- PS1 game remaster/new game (Ape Escape, Crash, etc.)
- One or two HD remasters
- Japanese games localization announcements (Persona5, God Eater2, DQHeroes)
- TLGTLGTLGTLGTLGTLGTLGTLG

Personal Predictions

- Ratchet and Clank PS4 first look
- Uncharted 4 gameplay
- Gravity Rush HD
- Gravity Rush 2
- PS1 game remaster/new game (Ape Escape, Crash, etc.)
- One or two HD remasters
- Japanese games first western announcements
It would seem a bit weird to have GR HD and GR2 not at a Japanese event first, but I guess it's possible.

I mean, I'd love for that to be the case.

The December revael has become a bit of a thing for Sony so I was wondering what they would do now that Spike wont be doing a thing

I hope we get something new at this thing. Maybe its time for GG's new game. Would fit if its early 16 beacuse I dont think they will need another game competing with Uncharted that holiday.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Interesting. Not sure if mentioned yet, but I think Sony is doing this as a reaction to the abysmal VGA's last year.

Better to have your own event than to waste big reveals at a laughing stock show that has become increasingly irrelevant.

If Tidux is right I'm guessing it might be GG's open world rpg and Sony Japan's rpg.

Man TLG has gotten to the point where it just derails any sony hype threads lol.

wmlk

They have stuff in pre-production. That shouldn't be surprising.

Yeah, really. Game studios being game studios.

I'm not expecting much Japanese game news. Probably a FFXV trailer in English, which would align with Jump Festa and the demo being scheduled for the near future.

If Uncharted 4 isn't shown in some form I would truly be shocked. This is the type of event ND and Uncharted deserve to be shown in.

Yeah, it deserves to be there in some fashion even if they keep the gameplay blowout for E3. Maybe a sweet real first full trailer for the story and some glimpses at gameplay like they used to do at VGA. Can't wait.

BlazinAm

I guess this is a way for Sony to replace any announcements they would have done under the VGA world exclusive banner. I kinda get why you would announce stuff at the end of the year. it's a last chance to boost sales in some way for the Holiday rush.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
How is it different to any other convention?

Well E3 and what not I'm sure Sony doesn't charge and make money from people attending, their press conferences are free I assume for everyone since it's mostly journalists. Their cinema screenings of E3 I imagine only the cinemas made money on with concessions and such.

I don't know if Nintendo or Microsoft have had conferences where they charged admission to show of their games.

I'm not saying they shouldn't do it or that it should be free with Sony incurring all the costs. I think this might just be the first time one of the big three has done this.

Hexa

Well E3 and what not I'm sure Sony doesn't charge and make money from people attending, their press conferences are free I assume for everyone since it's mostly journalists. Their cinema screenings of E3 I imagine only the cinemas made money on with concessions and such.

I don't know if Nintendo or Microsoft have had conferences where they charged admission to show of their games.

I'm not saying they shouldn't do it or that it should be free with Sony incurring all the costs. I think this might just be the first time one of the big three has done this.

Press conferences and E3 are for journalists and industry people so I don't think they charge money there.
Its normal for normal expos to charge people however. Like Gamescom and I think TGS both have admission fees, though this is higher IIRC.
As far as I can see this is the first time one of the big three is charging because this is the first time on the of the big three is personally hosting an event for normal people.

Hexa

All y'all hating on Tidux lol. I'm counting on this event for his major redemption.
Fully counting on Bends new AAA awesome game and Capcom's super secret Ono directed game as the two titles. :p

Don't listen to me. My instincts are almost always completely wrong.

Some Nobody

That's what some believe yes, so far there is no evidence that this is the case outside of it being a profitable franchise for Sony and what SSM is best known for.

It'd be very sad for me if it turned out to be a GoW, but I can't say I blame Sony for going with what works.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Press conferences and E3 are for journalists and industry people so I don't think they charge money there.
Its normal for normal expos to charge people however. Like Gamescom and I think TGS both have admission fees, though this is higher IIRC.
As far as I can see this is the first time one of the big three is charging because this is the first time on the of the big three is personally hosting an event for normal people.

Well they better have some damn good shit to show to justify charging people. They would get torn to shreds if it was just already revealed games and demos.

stryke

Journalists/Enthusiasts don't pay Sony because Sony doesn't host E3. They pay ESA.

Sony is hosting this event - you pay Sony to access it.

Abdiel

Likely nothing new will be shown. Sony just out to make a buck.

Yeah, because that makes sense. Renting out a huge venue and setting up all kinds of booths/playable demos/getting their development teams in place... all those huge expenses will be offset by a few thousand people paying $90 for the weekend? Not only offset, but profit? That makes no sense.

Strike

Do we actually know if they're going to be announcing/showing anything new at this event or is this just a showcase for their existing titles?

I guess this is a way for Sony to replace any announcements they would have done under the VGA world exclusive banner. I kinda get why you would announce stuff at the end of the year. it's a last chance to boost sales in some way for the Holiday rush.

That's what I was thinking. This pretty much confirms that there's no VGA stuff happening this year. I don't care what form a December event takes though, just give me them bomb drops.

Well they better have some damn good shit to show to justify charging people. They would get torn to shreds if it was just already revealed games and demos.

Not really, this is pretty much the convention model. It's meant for enthusiast/fans. Stuff like developer panels, swag station selling game-related merchandises. meet & greets, autograph sessions are the going to be the real driver for these events. Game demos and exclusive reveals are anticipated, but it's the sweetener.

I would be surprised if we saw any major reveals at at this. Updates on announced titles, (Ratchet, UC4, etc ) and stuff like Uncharted Collection, etc.

I personally think comparisons to E3 or Gamescom is kinda flawed. It's closer to things like PAX or NYCC.

iceatcs

E3 ticket is very expensive, about $1000.
Industry Pass free but not Expo Pass

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Isn't Vegas a little difficult for normal people to get to. And there was britGAF complaining about EGX moving 100 miles north to Birmingham :)

KAL2006

Banned
Remember the key words games coming in 2015. So don't expect game announcements for 2016 games like TLG or Guerilla Games New IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom