• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GEOFF CRYING: Metal Gear Solid Rising VGA Trailer Leaked [TTP says hi]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That video was complete bullshit, we never saw any of that in real-time, only some stupid-ass watermelon cutting. The source video was also 60fps, which with those graphics only leads me to believe that it was entirely offline rendered. I have little doubt it was nothing more than a conceptual video.

So? Even if they toned down the graphics I'd still would have preferred that gameplay instead of DMC clone #234234

I have not played MGS4, but I assume the gameplay is still well grounded and footed esp. due to the character you play as and how the previous games (and Peace Walker) played and separate from how cutscenes play out.

But now the actual gameplay is crazy and over the top, which is a very big change for a lot of people.

In MGS 4 you play a half dead old man in this you play a cyborg ninja i expect to be able to do crazy shit .
Since that is what he did in every MGS even thought we could not play him .
MGS always had crazy stuff in it , yeah it might be in the cutscenes but i bet if they could made some of them into game play they would have .

TreIII

It was presented in a totally different fashion though. What's not to understand? He wasn't break dancing with trash rock playing while spouting off one liners. This is DMC cheese, not Kojima directed cheese.

...It's still cheese, though. What's your point?

As a HUGE Metal Gear fan, I gotta say this looks so shitty it hurts.

First the crappy trailer itself: MGS trailers are typically produced so well they show many movie trailers how to excite an audience. They do this by starting slow, but remain grandiose as it builds itself to a sweeping and splashy clip while finding time to even be funny. This was like the attract mode for a Metal Gear: Suck My Samurai Cock arcade cabinet.

Second: The game's graphics look worse than MGS4.

Third: Did anyone want Metal Gear Solid: San Andreas?

Fourth: Raiden is a pussy.

As an even BIGGER Metal Gear fan than you, I gotta say you're horribly wrong.

I'm not 100% behind this yet, just because I think I'm more of a Kamiya (/ Mikami) fan than a Platinum Games fan. Bayonetta and Vanquish were great, but Madworld was just a decent game. I hope that this game is great, but if Kamiya isn't directing it, I'm not sure that the Platinum Games name in the logo is an assurance of quality.

benzy

Not a fan of the music, but the gameplay is pretty much what I expected. Hype +1.

Kojima wanted Itagaki to direct ZOE2, and the DOA girls in Metal Gear Online, right? I wonder what Rising would be like if Ninja Master had accepted ZOE2 and Konami hadn't forced the Rumble Roses girls on Kojima...

Kojima asked Itagaki to make ZOE3 since Itagaki was a big fan of the second game, even saying he watched the trailer multiple times. Maybe we would have had a ZOE3 by now if Itagaki had said yes.

This is amazing.

Revengeance is the best thing ever.

Haters can eat shit and die. And their kids can have AIDS.

iD4aJ.jpg

gunbo13

this might be as good as the new Devil May Cry.
I don't get it.
The trailer looked super early/rough, almost like they slapped something together and pulled assets from their previous games animation wise. Game is using the same soft lock on system as Bayonetta. Reminds of me a bit of Max Anarchy as well.
The Bayonetta back-stab especially stands out. You see it in one of the gifs if you go back a bit. Unfortunately, the hit confirm is too short resulting in an apparent whiff. ;)

FAKE EDIT:
So close!
GaNBW.png

Enemy also reacted like a mosquito bit him.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, did he just say that?

Dynamic3

That was awful. So they took adding a unique sword control to MGS, and went with DMC set in the MGS universe instead? I hope that wasn't the "you'll never see this coming" announcement.

micster

Looks amazing and I'm a massive MGS fan. But I'm a massive MGS fan who also loves action games. For those fans who prefer more 30 hour story focused games like JRPG's then yeah, they probably wont like it.

The previous trailers still felt like Metal Gear Games even if it wasn't really a stealth game. new trailer makes the game entirely different, w/ no semblance to other mainline MGS games.

Jarmel

Banned
Is it also posssible the game looks worse than before because it was initially done in 30 FPS then when Platinum was brought on board they demanded the game be 60 FPS thus resulting in the downgrading in the graphics?

Kojima asked Itagaki to make ZOE3 since Itagaki was a big fan of the second game, even saying he watched the trailer multiple times. Maybe we would have had a ZOE3 by now if Itagaki had said yes.

This is one of Kojima's problems. He needs to have more faith in his staff when it comes to making games. Itagaki should've never been offered to make a ZoE game considering that Murata still works there. I guess that's why we haven't seen a new game from him. He's sitting behind Kojima while he outsources games that Murata would be perfectly capable of making.

Karkador

Banned
The previous trailers still felt like Metal Gear Games even if it wasn't really a stealth game. new trailer makes the game entirely different, w/ no semblance to other mainline MGS games.

And if you're trying to make a game focusing more on action, this is a good thing. Pure action in Metal Gear Solid games is honestly not great, ESPECIALLY in MGS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom