• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GEOFF CRYING: Metal Gear Solid Rising VGA Trailer Leaked [TTP says hi]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Wow. That looked just about perfect. I'm glad they dropped the "Solid" from the title and are just calling it Metal Gear Rising. It sounds a lot better, especially since the focus isn't on Snake, this allows them to do something different. I'm not a huge Metal Gear fan, but this just moved to the top of my list. Kojima and Kamiya working together. This has to be good. If only they'd do something like this with Castlevania - in other words keep it Japanese and work with Iga.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else reminded of Metal Wolf Chaos? With all those R-words I kept hoping RICHARD would have been one of them.

Is it also posssible the game looks worse than before because it was initially done in 30 FPS then when Platinum was brought on board they demanded the game be 60 FPS thus resulting in the downgrading in the graphics?
Vanquish is 30.

And I don't understand the graphics complaints. They look great. The previous trailer never looked real.

That was pretty underwhelming. What the Hell is up with the constant pauses in the gameplay footage?

I wonder who exactly in PlatinumGames is working on this.

Dahbomb

Is it also posssible the game looks worse than before because it was initially done in 30 FPS then when Platinum was brought on board they demanded the game be 60 FPS thus resulting in the downgrading in the graphics?
One can only hope so.

I just think it's being run on a different engine from before. This is definitely the PG's engine that they used for their action games.

Carbonox

explosive.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
It already bothered me that MGS Rising was using the MGS name since it deviated so far from the MGS formula, but now that it's not being developed internally, and it looks like a generic hack-and-slash, I'm really bothered that Metal Gear is in the title.

Keep the characters and stuff, just give it another name from the MG universe.

Amagon

You know, never saw the VGAs before but this thread hyped me up so I'm gonna give it a go this year. And gawddamn, fanboys out in force tonight!

Ashkeloth

Looks stupid, but also great.

Hopefully it'll be mostly gameplay with a few cutscenes to tie things together, because to be honest, in a game that looks to move this quickly, the 30 minute cutscenes usually associated with Metal Gear would ruin it. It being made by Platinum pretty much destroys any fears that I have though.

Still not the world's biggest fan of Raiden, but perhaps he needs his own game where he's not pretending to be Solid Snake to shine properly. Forget about the metal gear in the title and treat this as something like Ninja Gaiden.

Day one for me, personally, whenever that may be.

Jarmel

Banned
Vanquish is 30.

And I don't understand the graphics complaints. They look great. The previous trailer never looked real.

Bayonetta was 60 though and the combat in Rising due to its nature is closer in line to Bayonetta's.

I have more of a problem with some of the animations.

gunbo13

TTP claimed it was X360 and Vita. Also mentioned, "3DS????"
PC baby! Live the dream.

:(
Bayonetta was 60 though and the combat in Rising due to its nature is closer in line to Bayonetta's.

I have more of a problem with some of the animations.
Animations are fine since a lot of recycled...but it does look choppy. The more pressing matter is the hit detection. It sort of is...missing often...

This is amazing.

Revengeance is the best thing ever.

Haters can eat shit and die. And their kids can have AIDS.

Whether someone likes this game or not, it's insane that anyone can get this emotional about it.

If it comes out to be a good game, great! Haters will eat crow and everyone will have a great game to play.

I think people who are disappointed expect more from throwing Platinum's name around. If you use them as an identifier in your advertisement, and the battle system looks slow and clunky, then something is wrong. And something being wrong with a game that has been in development hell for years does not inspire confidence.

But no amount of hate warrants this kind of reaction, nor should most things, really. Let's hope the game will be good, but it's not a crime for people to point out the ways it does not appear to be right now.

Takao

Banned
Kojima posted this on Twitter:

oWunA.jpg

"Leak"

TTP claimed it was X360 and Vita. Also mentioned, "3DS????"

TTP's source said PS3/360/Vita and possibly 3DS for MGS5. 3DS can be ruled out as Fox Engine doesn't run on that. His source never said anything about Rising changing platforms (which was PS3/360/PC).

What the absolute fuck? It actually looks like parody, but then I realise that there's production value here, albeit wasted and my mind explodes.

JaseMath

This looks ridiculous. So...what - is this a parody of what the Metal Gear franchise has become? It's too bad such high production values are going to be wasted on a game no one really gives a shit about anymore.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
It already bothered me that MGS Rising was using the MGS name since it deviated so far from the MGS formula, but now that it's not being developed internally, and it looks like a generic hack-and-slash, I'm really bothered that Metal Gear is in the title.

Keep the characters and stuff, just give it another name from the MG universe.

That's why I'm glad they dropped the "Solid" from the title. This is a new series in the Metal Gear world.

This looks ridiculous. So...what - is this a parody of what the Metal Gear franchise has become? It's too bad such high production values are going to be wasted on a game no one really gives a shit about anymore.

There is a high chance this will be one of the best if not the best game with the metal gear name on it.

AngryMoth

This is super weird but also kind of awesome.

Am I remembering correctly that it takes place between mgs2 and mgs4?
Cos Vamp was pretty dead by the end of 4. Come to think of it, it would be quite weird if he's the main antagonist since you know he survives

Well, that looks kinda lame. I was hoping being able to direct your slashes might serve some real purpose, but I guess it's just for show and it's one of those "press x for attack, press y for heavy attack" kinda games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom