• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost-Age: What have you experienced that freaked you out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reading this thread and freaking out just a bit since a few of the stories remind me of events I have encountered over the years. I decide to go do something else to clear my mind (like reading the news) so head over to a dn.se (Swedish daily paper) and this guy appears on the screen and scare the hell out of me.
el448.jpg

(dn.se - need scroll down a bit)

Spayro

Not really ghosts, but fucking weird.
A few nights ago I went to sleep like I always do, but I woke up like 30 times due to, those kinds of dreams that make you jump. nightmares? I guess.
It was me killing people I knew.
I woke up with sleep paralysis every time.
The last time, I woke up on the floor. Not next to my bed, in front of it. again, with sleep paralysis.
It took me awhile to stand up, and I don't remember much after. there is no way I rolled off the bed and got there.
It freaked me out, what can I say

Mash

Napoleonthechimp said:
I've always believed that ghosts were echos from the past or future (because our perception of time being linear is merely an illusion) and in some cases supernatural entities could be glances of extra-dimensional entities passing through our plane of existence.

I'm open to the idea of time being cyclical and what you said sounds superficially plausible, but what do you mean by "extra-dimensional" and "plane of existence"? If you mean they are non-material, in what way could they interact with the material world? I'm being deliberately pedantic simply because I hear people assert things like this often when it comes to the supernatural but noone ever follows through and gives some justification to their analogies.

ckeur

I was in high school and I needed to tell my mom something. It was late at night and I was upstairs in my bedroom, so I walked out of my bedroom and saw her walking down the stairs. So I followed her down the stairs and saw her go into the kitchen, which was well lit. When I got into the kitchen, no one was there and she ended up being in her bedroom, upstairs, the entire time.

It was dark outside and in the house, and I could not tell that it was her walking down the stairs, I just saw a figure going down the stairs and since my dad was in his office, process of elimination narrowed it down to her. But I definitely saw someone walking, and no one ended up being where the figure ended up.

Freaked me the fuck out for a while.

Grug

viciouskillersquirrel said:
This thread is freaking awesome. It inspired me to buy a book full of ghost stories from England :D I forgot how much I liked these stories.

I imagine its got some stuff about Borley Rectory?

Interesting stuff.

Grug said:
I imagine its got some stuff about Borley Rectory?

Interesting stuff.
It has the stories organised by the name of the town they originated in. I'm up to Congleton now, but I can't see anything in the contents about Borley Rectory (unless I already read about it).

There's some really cool stuff here.

When I was spending the night at my college last year for orientation, I thought I saw a swarm of insects coming from the ceiling. I jumped out of bed and rushed to the light and saw nothing. I guess it was a stress-induced trick of my mind, but it bothered me. Then, I was listening to my MP3 player which conveniently lost battery power as soon as the clock struck midnight. That was not a fun visit.

Anyway, on a slightly unrelated note, I saw an Adult Swim bump several weeks ago. It mentioned that the "laugh tracks" for sitcoms were reused from ones recorded for 1950s sitcoms. The creepy part of this was the fact that most (if not all) of those people are now dead, so it's like the dead are laughing at us. Thanks Adult Swim!

Here's a not scary story, but more touching really.

My grandma was in the hospital dying. Sometime in the middle of the night around 5am or so, my mom dreamed that my Grandma came into their bedroom. My grandma bent over and gave my mom a kiss on her cheek. At the exact moment my grandma kissed my mom in her dream, the phone rang...

It was the hospital calling us to tell us my grandma was dead.

My mom did a lot to help my grandparents in their last years, and she was the only one out of eight kids who took the time and burdened hardship to do so.

Mash

super-heated plasma said:

My grandma was in the hospital dying. Sometime in the middle of the night around 5am or so, my mom dreamed that my Grandma came into their bedroom. My grandma bent over and gave my mom a kiss on her cheek. At the exact moment my grandma kissed my mom in her dream, the phone rang...

My mom did a lot to help my grandparents in their last years, and she was the only one out of eight kids who took the time and burdened hardship to do so.

For all we know a moment in a dream is half an hour in conscious life. But I'm being an asshole so I'll go.

Eteric Rice

Were you on any kind of new medication?

One time I was put on some new meds and before I'd go to bed, I'd see shit. Once I saw my dog's ball floating over my bed. Once I saw a yellow and black spider with like 40 legs.

Scared the fuck out of me.

But when you blink, it dissapears.

winston_pr said:
I am reading this thread and freaking out just a bit since a few of the stories remind me of events I have encountered over the years. I decide to go do something else to clear my mind (like reading the news) so head over to a dn.se (Swedish daily paper) and this guy appears on the screen and scare the hell out of me.
el448.jpg

(dn.se - need scroll down a bit)

:lol

That guy is very creepy though

Jeff-DSA

I haven't had a chance to read any stories yet, but I will later tonight. Anyway, here is one of mine. I'll post another after a couple of replies.

I used to rent a house with 3 other guys, and our bedrooms were all by each other down the same hall. One night one of my roommates wakes me up and tells me that there are some people outside for me, so I throw on a sweatshirt and shorts and head out there. It was just a couple of girls on their way back from a party and they decided that it was somehow a good idea to get me up for a little conversation. Anyway, after dealing with that, I turn back toward the house (front door still open) and start walking back, when I see someone standing in the hall. I figured it was my same buddy that woke me up, and I start to head over to him. When I got to the doorway, I thought, "he looks like an old man".

The lights were off, so I figured I was just seeing things due to the dark light and I started to head down the hall when he just kind of fades off into the dark as he walks down the hall. I was thinking, "huh, must be pissed about being woken up or something." So I follow down the hall only to realize that the door is shut. Then I realize that whatever I saw didn't just fade into the shadow, it walked through the door! I knock on the door and hear a "dude, what are you doing in here?" I open the door, and the the ghost was standing right in the middle of the room. It glared at him for a good 3-4 seconds and then did the same to me. It was an old man and he was clearly pissed off about something. After the glares, it just kind of dissolved into the air. The two of us were freaked, and it obviously couldn't be explained by anything other than a ghost.

A week later, we came home and my guitar was out on my bed, playing itself. Not a song, just repeated plucks on same string. We watched it happen for about 10 seconds and then it just stopped.

A few weeks later we saw stuff that made us move out. I woke up, rolled over, and saw a shadowy figure standing over my bed. It just stared and started moving forward until I mustered up a "get out!" and it left. My roommate saw a dark figure standing in our living room that charged him and it disappeared right before touching him. After the paranoia set in we were constantly thinking we had seen stuff in the house. We might have been, we might have been imagining more than what was really there, but it was too much for us to say. The place was always super cold or super hot, no matter what we did. That place was messed up.

Jeff-DSA said:
I haven't had a chance to read any stories yet, but I will later tonight. Anyway, here is one of mine. I'll post another after a couple of replies.

I used to rent a house with 3 other guys, and our bedrooms were all by each other down the same hall. One night one of my roommates wakes me up and tells me that there are some people outside for me, so I throw on a sweatshirt and shorts and head out there. It was just a couple of girls on their way back from a party and they decided that it was somehow a good idea to get me up for a little conversation. Anyway, after dealing with that, I turn back toward the house (front door still open) and start walking back, when I see someone standing in the hall. I figured it was my same buddy that woke me up, and I start to head over to him. When I got to the doorway, I thought, "he looks like an old man".

The lights were off, so I figured I was just seeing things due to the dark light and I started to head down the hall when he just kind of fades off into the dark as he walks down the hall. I was thinking, "huh, must be pissed about being woken up or something." So I follow down the hall only to realize that the door is shut. Then I realize that whatever I saw didn't just fade into the shadow, it walked through the door! I knock on the door and hear a "dude, what are you doing in here?" I open the door, and the the ghost was standing right in the middle of the room. It glared at him for a good 3-4 seconds and then did the same to me. It was an old man and he was clearly pissed off about something. After the glares, it just kind of dissolved into the air. The two of us were freaked, and it obviously couldn't be explained by anything other than a ghost.

A week later, we came home and my guitar was out on my bed, playing itself. Not a song, just repeated plucks on same string. We watched it happen for about 10 seconds and then it just stopped.

A few weeks later we saw stuff that made us move out. I woke up, rolled over, and saw a shadowy figure standing over my bed. It just stared and started moving forward until I mustered up a "get out!" and it left. My roommate saw a dark figure standing in our living room that charged him and it disappeared right before touching him. After the paranoia set in we were constantly thinking we had seen stuff in the house. We might have been, we might have been imagining more than what was really there, but it was too much for us to say. The place was always super cold or super hot, no matter what we did. That place was messed up.

You should have seen what would have happened if someone busted out a drum kit and played along. :lol

You never saw the old man again?

Jeff-DSA

You should have seen what would have happened if someone busted out a drum kit and played along. :lol

You never saw the old man again?

That's the last we saw of him. We figure he was kind of a warning, because the stuff we saw later on was much more extreme. We'd hear stuff too, but nothing intelligible.

I have a killer story about a possessed guy, but I don't know if this is the right thread...

Jeff-DSA said:
That's the last we saw of him. We figure he was kind of a warning, because the stuff we saw later on was much more extreme. We'd hear stuff too, but nothing intelligible.

I have a killer story about a possessed guy, but I don't know if this is the right thread...

OH, yes it is! Read this thread, its more than relevant here. :)

Jeff-DSA said:

Those stories are awesome too. Do tell.

Eteric Rice said:

Deliciously fake! My god, when the girl is trying to do homework and the chair keeps getting "pulled" out from under her, you can see she's really braced to the table and the jerks are consistent with a little girl trying to push a chair backwards while braced to a table. But before that even, we get a miraculous chair being pushed out from a table with a HUGE draping table cloth on it! How could anyone have possibly faked that!

That made my weekend, thanks for sharing.

99nikniht

I can share some personal stories about my sister and I.

Just like a few before me has mentioned I myself am of Chinese descent and my family is superstitious especially my parents and my story is of a house I grew up in where all my siblings have a run in or another.
My older sister who is a few years older than myself she was the first person to really "feel" these things and while she was young she see things where places are known to be haunted or at least rumored to be. While she was younger at a school of hers the girls restroom are known to be haunted and it was always advised that if you go there you go there with a partner. Her being young like 6 or 7 she didn't know any better she just went ahead to the restroom by herself and she would see green lights just floating around while she washes her hands and she didn't think anything of it till she start telling my parents about it.

Fast forward a bunch of years and we are living in a old old house that was built probably in the 1920s in mission district of San Francisco and in this house there are a time when my sister and my older brother shared the same room and one time my sister was up reading a book and my brother sleeping in his bed he just sat up really abruptly and stares at my sister, she then ask "what are you looking at and what's wrong," my brother would not respond only to continue to stare at her, my sister then says "stop it you're scaring me, stop staring at me like that!" my sister then got really spooked and ran to my parents and told them that my brother was acting weird so when the came to check up on him he's soundly sleeping and when he was woken up they asked him what's wrong why were you scaring your sister and he was like "what do you mean, you just woke me up."

Fast forward some more years and my sister is now lives in a large room of our house and she's in her teen years, my sister hates the color red and for some crazy reason she started to really like the color red and she then polishes her nails red, red lipstick red clothing and so forth. Her friends at the time would then ask her why you start to wear red all of a sudden and my sister couldn't come up with an answer and just responds "I like it," and that would be the end of that, then she starts to act weird and her friends would mention that to her and she would just shrug it off. Shortly after she and I swap rooms and she then dispose of all her red effects, which was pretty strange and weird.

Now's my turn where a few people before me has already mentioned about sleep paralysis and the chinese and europeans would say having a ghost holding you down. I think this might be the best explanation of it since there are many times when this would happen to me. Unlike my sister I've never experience things of this nature and as I gotten older it becomes more and more frequent in my life, as a teenager there would be times that I would often find myself wake up out of no where, no dreams no nothing and I can't move, feels like my chest is being compressed and I would hear scratching noises in my head, literally in my head like scratching wood with nails but it's so loud it not orginating from any external source. I shrug it off thinking nothing much of it even it happens on a fairly frequent amounts. But soon when I've become 18 I join the marines and never experience any thing like that for the next 2 years. On my last two years I was station in San Francisco to do Marine Recruiting, and I on a budget decide to move back into my parents place and the same room where my sister was apparently possessed, and the sleep paralysis would return and after 2 years of not experiencing it really started to become a little creepy.

Now fast forward 1 years and I'm living in the same house but with roommates cause my parents decided to move out along with the rest of my family and I stayed in the same room and I've taken up meditation otherwise known as Tai Chi and I've started to more and more noticing things that cannot be explained, I suppose meditation opened me up more to being sensitive to these things and my sleep paralysis would get longer and longer but not always, sometimes it's longer than others but there are times where it's really long like once when I was goofing off at a reservist base in San Bruno right next to Tanforan shopping center there is this huge cemetary, and one day I had some downtime so I decide to take a nap in one of the buses we have there and I've experience the strongest and scariest sleep paralysis I ever had. I can't breathe well, I can hear my heart racing really loudly and the scratching noise in my head was stronger than ever had, then I started to make the connections that perhaps it was that when I'm in areas that are associated with peoples death that I have these sleep paralysis.

Wow this is a long post, one more for the road before I hit the bed there was this one time when I was sleeping and I had this really bizarre dream where I was sleeping with my feet facing the door to my room and in this dream this "person" enters my room with a big smile and is coming closer and closer to me and in this dream I'm in the sleeping position in my bed the way I've position myself and as this person get's closer and closer to me I'm trying to shout, get the hell out of my room GET THE HELL OUT OF MY ROOM and as I'm shouting the "person" gets closer and closer and with the same smile until I snapped out of it and woke up sweating profusely. My sister experiences the same thing but with my granpa being the "person" with the smiley face but he grabs her and pulls her in the direction he came while my sister is screaming "let go I dont want to go where you're going," and she wakes up the same way with cold sweat.

Just thought I'd share there are many of these stories with me and my siblings.

mjc

Bump--we should restart this thread!

I've got two stories, both with similar situations.

-The first one was about a year or so ago at our house. We had family over for dinner one night and everyone was scattered around the house. When the food was finished I was handed the job of gathering everyone to the table, and I did with the exception of my brother. I looked all around and I couldn't find him, so I stood at the steps to the basement and called his name. I heard a male voice say "coming", so I turned around thinking my job was done when I saw my brother sitting with my dad talking in the family room. I went downstairs and nobody was down there, the lights were off and everything was quiet. Weird stuff, although to this day I just think it was my mind playing tricks on me.

-This one is kinda similar to the first story but with a bit of variation. Back in elementary school I was sleeping over at a friend's house one weekend in the fall. We spent most of the time outside in his backyard or our school that happened to be right next door over a chain link fence. It was getting pretty dark out and we were gonna go inside to play some video games when we heard some really loud guttural growling coming from behind a row of trees behind us. We didn't really care to find out exactly what was doing it, so we hightailed it back to his house. Like the other story, this could have just been my imagination, a neighbor's dog gone loose or a coyote in the worst case...but who knows.

Grug

mjc said:
Bump--we should restart this thread!

I've got two stories, both with similar situations.

-The first one was about a year or so ago at our house. We had family over for dinner one night and everyone was scattered around the house. When the food was finished I was handed the job of gathering everyone to the table, and I did with the exception of my brother. I looked all around and I couldn't find him, so I stood at the steps to the basement and called his name. I heard a male voice say "coming", so I turned around thinking my job was done when I saw my brother sitting with my dad talking in the family room. I went downstairs and nobody was down there, the lights were off and everything was quiet. Weird stuff, although to this day I just think it was my mind playing tricks on me.

-This one is kinda similar to the first story but with a bit of variation. Back in elementary school I was sleeping over at a friend's house one weekend in the fall. We spent most of the time outside in his backyard or our school that happened to be right next door over a chain link fence. It was getting pretty dark out and we were gonna go inside to play some video games when we heard some really loud guttural growling coming from behind a row of trees behind us. We didn't really care to find out exactly what was doing it, so we hightailed it back to his house. Like the other story, this could have just been my imagination, a neighbor's dog gone loose or a coyote in the worst case...but who knows.

Sorry dude, I read your stories in a Karl Pilkington voice, and it robbed them of any scaryness they may possibly have had.

Can just imagine him telling those stories on the Podcast and Ricky and Steve laughing their asses off. :lol

Grug said:
Sorry dude, I read your stories in a Karl Pilkington voice, and it robbed them of any scaryness they may possibly have had.

Can just imagine him telling those stories on the Podcast and Ricky and Steve laughing their asses off. :lol
That effect might go a fair way towards explaining why my posts aren't always taken seriously...

Loki

Count of Concision
Jack Scofield said:
It's kind of hard to explain, but I know that if I hear a sound when I'm asleep, for the briefest of moments the same sound will be present in my dream, only it's attributed to something else. It's almost as if my subconscious hears the sound and shoehorns it into my dream somehow.

That's happened to me too. Not for the last several years, though. The most obvious example I can remember is that my mind made the sound of my alarm into an ambulance siren in my dream, complete with a "visual" of an ambulance rounding the bend. :lol

Sleeker

It makes me think with all these stories, there has got to be something more than mind tricks going on.

Its Chemicals.
Brain chemicals.

Get back in your box.
Drink beer.
Go to sleep.

nyong

Banned
I've had a couple of experiences.

Both my brother and I had seperate experiences and did not realize until later that we had gone through similar things. For me, the first time was when I was around 10. I was on the top bunk, alone in the room, when a hand came up the side of the bed and just stayed there. I was petrified for a few moments and yelled for my mom. As soon as I yelled, the hand disappeared. I never did tell my mom what I was yelling about. Also, I did a complete search of the room and am absolutely positive I was alone at the time. The room wasn't well lit, but the stupid thing (black, long fingers) was pretty damn clear and close to my face.

My brother had a similar situation where he was tapped on the foot, and saw the hand clearly before it disappeared.

There were a few other happenings too. One I think I can explain, though. I was sick with a fever laying in bed when I saw multiple eyeballs staring at me from the closet. Then figures started flying around the room (shadows). I'm fairly certain the fever wasn't a coincidence. I hope.

The other one is a weird religious scenario that many would probably mock or disregard.

I was going through a time in my life where I was starting to question faith in God. While driving I asked God for a sign. Something, anything to prove his existence to me. I remembered a Bible story (the wet/dry rag) that basically says that God does not provide direct proof on demand, and told God nevermind (sounds insane typing it heh). I felt guilty for even asking, and I meant it.

About 15 minutes later I felt hungry and decided to pull into the mall (why the mall I still don't know) to get some Taco Time. As I was leaving the mall, this homeless guy asked me if he could get a ride (with his dog) to a friend's house. I mumbled something about not having the time. Anyhow, the guy recognized me (Cameron?) and it turned out to be a friend of mine from literally 10+ years ago who had run into some very hard times.

If God was going to give me a sign, I would imagine it as something that could be explained by other things, but it still really gets me to this day. At this point in my life, I would say that I believe in God (not Christianity necessarily) for reasons that cannot be logically proven. I'm still not entirely sure what to think about what had happened. I mean, really, what are the odds?

Well I doubt this counts as scary but at myrtle beach for senior week 5 years ago, there were these haunted house type places. One of the places had a michael myers impersonator in front that would follow people randomly. He did it to my friend katy and she gave him a bag tag so hard it may have set men back 100 years. Funniest damn thing I've seen in my life!:lol

Alcander

I just want to say that this thread freaked the shit out of me, enough so that now I'm afraid to go into my dark living room/kitchen to get food! Thanks a lot guys! and im 23! :(

Glad to see this thread again. It was pretty entertaining to read through when it was active.

I hope to read some other crazy ghost stories soon.

Lesath

nyong said:
If God was going to give me a sign, I would imagine it as something that could be explained by other things, but it still really gets me to this day. At this point in my life, I would say that I believe in God (not Christianity necessarily) for reasons that cannot be logically proven. I'm still not entirely sure what to think about what had happened. I mean, really, what are the odds?

I'm personally agnostic, but at times I wish I would encounter a ghost so that I would be comforted by the possibility that there is in actuality a sort of existence after death. Then again, I would have doubt anyway, after reading several books about cognitive science. Education in science really makes you skeptical about everything.

Grug

nyong said:
I've had a couple of experiences.

Both my brother and I had seperate experiences and did not realize until later that we had gone through similar things. For me, the first time was when I was around 10. I was on the top bunk, alone in the room, when a hand came up the side of the bed and just stayed there. I was petrified for a few moments and yelled for my mom. As soon as I yelled, the hand disappeared. I never did tell my mom what I was yelling about. Also, I did a complete search of the room and am absolutely positive I was alone at the time. The room wasn't well lit, but the stupid thing (black, long fingers) was pretty damn clear and close to my face.

My brother had a similar situation where he was tapped on the foot, and saw the hand clearly before it disappeared.

There were a few other happenings too. One I think I can explain, though. I was sick with a fever laying in bed when I saw multiple eyeballs staring at me from the closet. Then figures started flying around the room (shadows). I'm fairly certain the fever wasn't a coincidence. I hope.

The other one is a weird religious scenario that many would probably mock or disregard.

I was going through a time in my life where I was starting to question faith in God. While driving I asked God for a sign. Something, anything to prove his existence to me. I remembered a Bible story (the wet/dry rag) that basically says that God does not provide direct proof on demand, and told God nevermind (sounds insane typing it heh). I felt guilty for even asking, and I meant it.

About 15 minutes later I felt hungry and decided to pull into the mall (why the mall I still don't know) to get some Taco Time. As I was leaving the mall, this homeless guy asked me if he could get a ride (with his dog) to a friend's house. I mumbled something about not having the time. Anyhow, the guy recognized me (Cameron?) and it turned out to be a friend of mine from literally 10+ years ago who had run into some very hard times.

Got to say dude, thats a pretty weak sign from god. The human brain has a funny way of dealing with coincidences.

nyong

Banned
Grug said:
Got to say dude, thats a pretty weak sign from god. The human brain has a funny way of dealing with coincidences.

Yes, I'm well aware of all that.

Like I said, I'm still not sure how to take it. The way in which it happened, and the fact that it's one hell of a big coincidence, is what makes me pause. I can't prove it either way. And honestly, whether it was a sign or not is irrelevant. It lead to me reading several more books and thinking about spirituality deeper than before. So some good came out of it.

I'm the last person to 'believe' in mumbo-jumbo, though. Most things have an explanation and this is possibly no different. But I'll never really know (and can't downplay it entirely in my head) which is why it will always be at the back of my mind.

mjc

Grug said:

lmao I know what you mean

CzarTim

I've never had an experience, but I tend to believe that they exist. As a kid I would never get scared of like aliens or bigfoot, but gosht freak me the fuck out. Even hearing stories of angels in sunday school would creep me out. The thought of anything suddenly appearing and not being able to do a damn thing about it... no...

I don't believe in god, but my best friend was very religious and he died in my apartment early this year. The night he died, when I was going to bed I turned to the spot he died and said, "Dude if your here, gtfo. I don't do ghost."

This one time when I still lived in my parents house my mom came running in scared in my room late in the evening. My father was still in a meeting but my mother saw my dad - get this - coming inside the room, floathing. He was hoovering about 1m from the floor apparently, lying. His face was facing my mother and his eyes were all distorted, you couldn't really look into it because it was all hazy. I immediately though my mom was messing with me cause she wanted to get back at all the pranks I pulled on her but to this day she still swears she saw this stuff and she was awake. Whatever.

So, my parents house was on the countryside, so at night when you heard something outside, it felt pretty bizarre. You know, in the city its pretty normal when you hear stuff outside but on the countryside? Not normal at all.

So it's summer and I'm sleeping with my windows open, I never really liked to do that to be honest but whatever. So I constantly start to hear footsteps around 2am outside of the house under my windows. It goes on for like 15 minutes but hell, I was like, 16 years, I didnt want to go to my parents room to tell them there was a burgler, a mass murderer or a ghost outside, they would laugh it off. So I just lay still in my bed, hearing the footsteps... then suddenly I hear a smash and someone outside yelling 'auch', clearly whoever was there hit against something. Now it was on, I immediately rushed through my parents bedroom and told them, we looked outside but there was nothing. Could be a burgler or something, could be a homeless dude, I dont know but I can tell you everything is magnified at night when you live outside the city or the suburbs as you americans call it.

Actually, around 2AM this big ring on the front door that is used to knock would often make sound at my parents house... I have heard it, my parents have heard it, hell even my girlfriend. Sometimes when I started to hear the knocks on the door at night I thought about this kid, he crashed with this motorcycle next to our house when I was just a kid and an ambulance came and get him but he died in there. Perhaps he's still there?

Also, this one time, it was 10pm I think and its incredibly dark outside, so I was alone in the house on the countryside with my girlfriend and it's summer so windows were open. So, suddenly we hear a kid crying outside and yelping 'help, help, oooh mammy'. It goes on for a minute or so, so we try to look outside but we can't see anything, it's so fucking dark. We live next to a forest so I get this crazy thoughts about a psycho killing off this kid in the forest. But eventually, it was another kid who had a crash with a motorcycle. He survived and we called his parents. It was freaky for a moment though, and strange that more people have an accident on the same road. Its not like its a difficult road.

RobertM

Lesath said:
I'm personally agnostic, but at times I wish I would encounter a ghost so that I would be comforted by the possibility that there is in actuality a sort of existence after death. Then again, I would have doubt anyway, after reading several books about cognitive science. Education in science really makes you skeptical about everything.
Now the question begs to be asked, can you doubt cognitive science and whether it can explain existence (whether anything exists for that matter)?

I don't have any real paranormal stories to tell, but just today I woke somewhere around 2 am all scared not knowing why, and I don't believe I had a nightmare. I usually have these before bed experiences where I feel like something has enter my body or I would jump in the bed all of the sudden while I'm still awake. I'm skeptical of those since it could be muscle reflexes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom