• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier |OT| The Future Is Here... Finally

pbhawks45

Banned
review embargo lifts on the day of release?!?

That doesn't bode well for the game IMO. It definitely raises some concern in my eyes.

Hearing what the Giant Bomb guys have had to say about it, they definitely haven't been impressed. Have a feeling it's going to be a bloodbath.

Jamesways

I'm really bummed they removed the online custom terrorist hunt co-op mode.

No, I don't consider the Horde/Guerilla mode the same.

MechDX

Pre ordered from Best Buy with some reward certificates just now with store pick up. I need some tactical shooting after all the CoD burn out I am having.

Anyone up for some co-op tomorrow on 360?

review embargo lifts on the day of release?!?

That doesn't bode well for the game IMO. It definitely raises some concern in my eyes.

It's pretty much standard these days. Companies like Rockstar and Valve does it all the time, but not because they're afraid of bad reviews; they want to make sure the hype lives on til the point the game releases.

I will be streaming the game on my channel tonight at midnight. I spoke to one of the devs on twitter @aemond and he said I could stream it today but I'm gonna wait until midnight to be sure.

twitch.tv/heyitsbbg is the channel.

JackEtc

Really surprised about the apparent lack of interest for this game on GAF. Barely anyone posting in this OT.

I'm pretty excited to get the game tomorrow, been looking forward to it a small amount since its announcement, but ever since I pre-ordered last week, my excitement for it has been increasing exponentially.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I will be streaming the game on my channel tonight at midnight. I spoke to one of the devs on twitter @aemond and he said I could stream it today but I'm gonna wait until midnight to be sure.

Never quite understood this. If you legally purchased the game, what right does anyone have to tell you that you can't stream it? What difference does it make if you were able to buy it early? That's not against the law.

I'm expecting between 7 and 9 for reviews. The SP will get canned, methinks, but hopefully the MP gets a good wrap. Regardless, I'm in desperate need of a new MP staple and the beta hit the spot for me, so I'm gonna give it a go. I just hope there's a decent enough community in Australia.

Nemesis_

Keen to see how the Kinect integration works. It looks very cool and intuitive at the E3 presentation but god knows how much of that was pre-recorded and/or rehearsed.

So many games this week! ARGHRHBA

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I'm mainly getting it for the multiplayer so reviews won't affect me much. Demo was also good.

Xander51

I wish this game had come out back on one of its original release dates. I loved GRAW and GRAW 2. Soooo much time has gone by and this has had such a rocky development. I'm really curious to see how the reviews turn out.

Pyronite

Really surprised about the apparent lack of interest for this game on GAF. Barely anyone posting in this OT.

It is a bit odd, no?

GRFS has received more preorders weekly than Max Payne 3, even. This is before, during, and after the beta. Diablo 3 is the only recent game to surpass it.

Looking forward to your impressions. I'm waiting for real gamer feedback before deciding to pick up Ghost Recon tomorrow or not.

JackEtc

Anyone know who the actual reviewers are for each of the big sites?

Also,
I've added the known codes to unlock handguns on the Ghost Recon Network site to the OP:

http://ghostreconnetwork.ubi.com/en-US

• Five-SeveN CM = Cypr-2
  • Wild Boar = ULTERIOR FEUDS
  • Defender = thisgunshashugeKick

The code unlock features appears to be down right now, but I was able to confirm the 1st 2 codes work when I input them last week, the 3rd was just uncovered today over on the game's official forums

I still haven't been able to redeem any of these codes. Still getting "SOMETHING WENT WRONG" whenever I visit. Same for everyone else?

I'm expecting between 7 and 9 for reviews. The SP will get canned, methinks, but hopefully the MP gets a good wrap. Regardless, I'm in desperate need of a new MP staple and the beta hit the spot for me, so I'm gonna give it a go. I just hope there's a decent enough community in Australia.

I agree with the scores, but I honestly expect the other way around with regards to SP vs MP. I think the campaign looks pretty strong, especially with 4 players online, I think it will be a blast. It's got good length, seems to have variety to keep things fresh with some missions being balls out action, then full stealth then the majority being in-between scenarios where you have options on how to play it.

I think some people have watched 1 video preview of 1 mission, probably from 2 years ago and have made their decision that the rest of the game will be the same. As far as campaign is concerned, they seem to be giving gamers a lot from where I see it, I don't see too much more you can ask besides the random enemy placements that made OGR a classic. Remember you have the option to choose not to use any gadgets once you get past the opening tutorial mission or two. I myself am looking forward to doing a campaign play-through not using the drone, sensor grenades, etc, just pretending like they are not even there.

I figure people may end up being turned off by the lack of options and modes in MP, especially compared to what series fans are used to. They have already shown their hand in MP with the Beta, don't expect too much more than that, although I do see them supporting this significantly post-release. It's just that when the average gamer finds out there's no standard team deathmatch, last man standing or co-op elimination/terrorist hunt along with the small team size and less than impressive graphics, they may "judge a book by it's cover", so to speak. I think the MP will stand on it's own, but it's not gonna catch wildfire or nothing. Timing is good though as they might be able to catch a lot of people who are tired of MW3 and BF3 and convert them if the retail MP turns out to be better than expected.

Anyone know who the actual reviewers are for each of the big sites?

Also,I still haven't been able to redeem any of these codes. Still getting "SOMETHING WENT WRONG" whenever I visit. Same for everyone else?

yeah unlock site has been down for a few days, I redeemed two of the three last week without problems. Hopefully it will be back up tonight for the launch along with the rollout of the full-featured Ghost Recon Network. I'd try again tomorrow, the codes are legit.

chixdiggit

Anyone know how the multiplayer of this compares to Ghost Recon Online? I played the Recon Online Beta but not this one..

So three friends and I are thinking of getting together to play this game in co-op. Can you play through the entire campaign in co-op or is it just 4 player horde mode?

Pyronite

T-Minus 40 minutes.

165923_10150802435525672_713560671_9969445_1504648830_n.jpg

Got my copy + medal.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Looks good, but backlog is jammed currently.. a pile of Xbox/PC/Ps3 games looms in front of me.. may have to wait - but a definite purchase eventually.

just picked mine up, I'm gonna put a few hours in both SP and MP and post some impressions before I call it a night

edit: Just finished up my first session

Played the 1st campaign mission solo, and it was cool for a tutorial mission. The graphics are def missing that level of polish you come to expect from a game this late in the gen, but the gameplay has delivered so far. There was a lot of hand holding in the 1st mission which I knew going in, but it was still a good time. I like how they push the story thru little cutscenes and camera cuts every so often to actually make you understand and give a shit about what the mission is. The inbetween mission briefings are cool too, brings back a little OGR vibe.

Played a good bit of Conflict and was dominating out there with the Engineer class. Def seems like they tuned down the Rifleman grenades as I was able to evade a couple that were sure kills in the Beta and I felt my SMG (Goblin) held its own at times even against Assault Rifles if I had the jump on them and aimed well. I unlocked the UAV after one round of play and flew that around racking up points. All of the maps I played didn't feel small like the Pipeline one from the Beta, they have pretty good size to them, and my teams never got spawn camped, but I didn't see anyone else flying UAV's besides me. No connection issues like the beta and no freezing so far. Tried to get in a game of Decoy as it sounds interesting, but waited awhile and we couldn't get the minimum number of players to start the game, (I think you need 3v3). Was able to get a bunch of rounds of Siege in and that was fun. For those bummed out that their is no true Last Man Standing, Siege is pretty much it, at least early on when people don't know how to play it properly. Pretty intense stuff with no respawns, coming from playing Battlefield 3 for the past couple months for my shooter fix.

All in all, it's slightly exceeded my expectations after 3 or so hours of playtime. I was a lukewarm at best about the MP during the Beta, but it's def growing on me. I see nothing egregious that will result in a "bloodbath" when the reviews are released...

just picked mine up, I'm gonna put a few hours in both SP and MP and post some impressions before I call it a night

edit: Just finished up my first session

Played the 1st campaign mission solo, and it was cool for a tutorial mission. The graphics are def missing that level of polish you come to expect from a game this late in the gen, but the gameplay has delivered so far. There was a lot of hand holding in the 1st mission which I knew going in, but it was still a good time. I like how they push the story thru little cutscenes and camera cuts every so often to actually make you understand and give a shit about what the mission is. The inbetween mission briefings are cool too, brings back a little OGR vibe.

Played a good bit of Conflict and was dominating out there with the Engineer class. Def seems like they tuned down the Rifleman grenades as I was able to evade a couple that were sure kills in the Beta and I felt my SMG (Goblin) held its own at times even against Assault Rifles if I had the jump on them and aimed well. I unlocked the UAV after one round of play and flew that around racking up points. All of the maps I played didn't feel small like the Pipeline one from the Beta, they have pretty good size to them, and my teams never got spawn camped, but I didn't see anyone else flying UAV's besides me. No connection issues like the beta and no freezing so far. Tried to get in a game of Decoy as it sounds interesting, but waited awhile and we couldn't get the minimum number of players to start the game, (I think you need 3v3). Was able to get a bunch of rounds of Siege in and that was fun. For those bummed out that their is no true Last Man Standing, Siege is pretty much it, at least early on when people don't know how to play it properly. Pretty intense stuff with no respawns, coming from playing Battlefield 3 for the past couple months for my shooter fix.

All in all, it's slightly exceeded my expectations after 3 or so hours of playtime. I was a lukewarm at best about the MP during the Beta, but it's def growing on me. I see nothing egregious that will result in a "bloodbath" when the reviews are released...

Cheers, dude. Good to hear! I'm only in it for Conflict, so as long as the connection is solid and there are some decent maps, I'm there.

Is it safe to say that the retail build is identical to that of the beta, as far as visuals go? Have the menus/UI undergone any changes?

The_Monk

Good to hear your impressions, TheVisualizer. I really want to get this game but, right now my wallet can't allow it, it's terrible and sad.

The irony is, I gave around 50 Beta Keys to fellow GAFfers and now, I'm the one who won't be able to play it...!

JackEtc

Mine shipped late last night, around 12:30. It's now out for delivery! I was scared Amazon was going to let me down with the release-day shipping, but all is good now. Can't wait to play a little when I get home from school.

I have seen this game being played a couple of weeks ago in a live coverage and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised, but there is oné problem. This game does not deserve the name ''Ghost Recon'' because it has absolutely nothing in common with the Xbox (not 360) games. That is not to say that this game is a bad thing. Not at all. But I believe people do not want this kind of over the top action with their favorite realism shooting franchise for the consoles.

They mixed Splinter Cell with GRAW 2 and Future Soldier was the outcome. Do not dodge the game despite it being a sheer ghost of its Xbox titles because it is definitely a fun ride when I saw it.

ttocs

I honestly forgot this was coming out today. I have been so tied up with Diablo it seems that my release schedule I usually keep locked in my subconscious got out of whack. I have it coming from Amazon though so I'll be playing it tonight.

can you equip incendiary rounds in single player or is all that kind of customisation stuff MP only?

Ugh, Diablo 3, this and dragons dogma all within a week of each other

Top Bottom