• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters+Atari officially official, new images

GreekWolf

Maybe I need new eyes from ebay, but something about the visuals looks slightly downgraded from a couple months ago. Looks like they had to compromise a few textures.

Whatever, I've been looking forward to this ever since they announced it and I'll be there day 1.

westical said:
If this is a new story, why does it look like the first movie?

It takes place in the 1990's which is what Ghostbusters 3 could have been. It also keeps them all young and fresh.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
:lol at the rookie likeness for HD versus the SD one... doesn't get more stereotype than that for targeting those consumers bases

Btw, hype and hopes versus final results? I think this game's probably gonna pull a SW:TFU.
Hopefully it won't be just a Gears clone with a Ghostbusters skin slapped on.

NR1

Wurm said:
Activision were fools to let this go. I genuinely do not understand why they dropped this and, hate it all you want but it makes a shit ton of cash, that 50 cent game.

The answer according to Activision Blizzard's CEO, Bobby Kotick...:

The games Activision Blizzard didn’t pick up, he said, “don’t have the potential to be exploited every year on every platform with clear sequel potential and have the potential to become $100 million dollar franchises. … I think, generally, our strategy has been to focus… on the products that have those attributes and characteristics, the products that we know [that] if we release them today, we’ll be working on them 10 years from now.”

“You still need to have production of new original property but you have to do it very selectively… the focus at retail and for the consumer is to continue to be the big narrow and deep high profile release strategy… We’ve had enough experience that I think the strategy we employ is the most successful.”

Source: MTV reporting on a Activision Blizzard earnings call

:lol I can't believe the CEO actually came right out and said that. Amazing.

KevinCow

Banned
Dash Kappei said:
Btw, hype and hopes versus final results? I think this game's probably gonna pull a SW:TFU.
Hopefully it won't be just a Gears clone with a Ghostbusters skin slapped on.
Was anyone really excited for Force Unleashed? I felt the general attitude towards it was kind of, "Oh look, another Star Wars game."

Outside of the shoulder cam, it doesn't look much like Gears at all. Watch some of the videos if you haven't. It really looks promising.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pack has more poly's than the entire PS2/Wii game :lol
joking

Still, holy shit I LOVE when such detail is added.

I am so glad that is is up again. :D

JzeroT1437 said:
This game makes me want to watch people play it.

I don't think it'll be that fun, but I want to see the narrative.

It was pretty damn fun to play at comic con. I was surprised at how fun it was to play and the atmosphere is amazing with all the voice acting going on. I wasn't very optimistic beforehand but after I played it, it was one of my most wanted titles for this year. I was pissed when it got delayed.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
And for the first time ever, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will release Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II on Blu-rayTM disc.

This is all that needed to be posted. OMG YES!

°°ToMmY°° said:
wait, there's a ghostbusters movie in production?

Yeah, sounds like Seth Rogan will be one of the new Ghostbusters too... :/

NR1

Sega1991 said:
Likely because it recycles most of the first Ghostbusters in a slightly different context.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

6op9ppc.gif

birdman

I'm stoked for the game but this:

And for the first time ever, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will release Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II on Blu-rayTM disc.

Is what I'm most happy about.

TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH SONY

Sweet ... I was hoping this was still gonna come out after all those games got canceled. I would love to play a new HD version of ghost busters.

Of topic: The guys should get back and do a Ghostbusters 3 for a movie. They can do a die - hard "I'm too old for this shit" spin on the thing. I know I would go see it.

Back on topic ... there's a lot of games coming out in 09'. :D

big_z

god i hope they scrap the plans to do the third movie as cgi. i dont care if the guys are getting old and fat i rather see them on screen.

markatisu

Frencherman said:
No thanks to the Wii-Version. What an ugly art-design....

The art design is fine, the screenshots are going to look hideous because that is just how Wii games look in screenshots (almost every single one)

But the art design is fine, its cartoony enough

ghostbusters-the-video-game-20071204041717527.jpg

ghostbusted.jpg

EktorPR

One nit-pick: the proton ray doesn't look as good as I'd like. Make it seem more powerful, like the Medic's plasma ray in R2.

Hopefully the game does end up kicking ass. :D

LCfiner

I want to buy this just to stick it to Activision.

If the game's any good, then that's a bonus.

disclosure: I dressed up as a Ghostbuster for Halloween 4 years in a row in the late 80s.

B33

Banned
Like many others, I am cautiously optimistic. I fear that the gameplay might grow repetitive and tiresome after a while. Hopefully the mission structure has some sort of variety to it.

In all honesty, I'm glad that the game's release was prolonged a bit to allow for more polish and what not to go into it.

tell him about the Twinkie

*the Wii version's cartoon models look great.
Granted that I may get the PS3 version, I am still curious about the Wii controls.

Top Bottom