• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters+Atari officially official, new images

Stitch

Gold Member
JoshuaJSlone said:
1463_0003.jpg

who is the blonde guy?

Haunted

It got picked up!?!

dh5stl.gif

Actual game looks solid, but nothing special. But since I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan I'm contractually required to get this.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Tr4nce said:
Walter Peck was in the trailer! :lol

According to a developer walkthrough I saw, Walter Peck and the EPA are now funding the Ghostbusters or something.

God Fucking Dammit watching that trailer was like watching a trailer for a new Ghostbusters movie. It's all there. Their voices, a plot completely suitible for a GB film, the humor, it's like it's fucking them. I feel so happy inside right now. I've ever felt this way from a game before. This is epic. I want to giggle and dance with glee that this is actually something real that I never ever thought I'd see.

Walter Peck gets fucking possessed. :O :O :O

And FYI the new movie isn't going to be a cartoon anymore. It's live action and it's being written with help from 2 guys that write for the office.

WARNING

Banned
couldnt begin to express how huge a GB fan i am.
this game looks amazing...this is one of those times when real fans AREN'T getting shafted by a production. that's fucking amazing nowadays.

i'll buy it day one just to show my support for that respect.

that said, why do they have to animate the ghostbusters SOOO cartoonishly? especially venkman. he never smiled that much...and it makes him come off as a HUGE douche...

WARNING said:
?!?!?!

faith.
Yeah, it was announced a while ago when Columbia came out and said, "You know what? Fuck this game bullshit, we're MAKING this movie. Here, take these guys from the Office. This shit is in production now. We want it out in the next two years." (I don't remember the time frame TBH but it's sometime soon.) Bill Murray was doing some promo stuff for a new movie and he was asked about it. He said they've always wanted to do a female Ghostbuster because it had a lot of unexplored comedy possibilities, and that's something they're kicking around.

I can't put into words how watching this trailer makes me feel. It's like I have this incredibly happy, positive feeling in my chest that's constantly expanding. Imagine my love for this as a twinkie...

Anyone notice that when Peck gets possessed under the table the ghost goes up his ass? :lol I'll bet that's why he decides to back the GBs, when they save him.

And I like seeing Venkman smile. He totally comes off as a much more pompous ass, which he totally is. :D

Edit:

wikipedia said:
On September 4, 2008, Columbia Pictures signed on Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky (writers for the U.S. version of The Office) to script a third film. No deals will be made with the original cast until the script is complete.[24] The story will feature old and new Ghostbusters.[25] Ramis had collaborated with Eisenberg and Stupnitsky on The Year One. Judd Apatow is also producing that film, and has made other films for Columbia, so they hope he will provide cast members for Ghostbusters III. Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ivan Reitman are consulting on the project, and Bill Murray will be involved on some level,[26] having expressed interest in reprising his role.[27]

They want it out by 2010. Yessssssssssssss.

June 2009? =( Man that will be almost a year since I first played it. It was honestly one of my most anticipated games once I played it at Comic Con and then Activision had to screw it all up. The game feels good! The atmosphere is amazing and I love how you're hunting a ghost in the library in the level I played. Loved it. June 2009 can't come soon enough.

markatisu

New Impressions from J_oystiq (why is this blocked?)

Can't post the link but just go to their site for the full rundown

We came away from our demo with some conclusions, questions, and concerns.
At this point, our pick for the best-playing version goes to the Wii, hands-down. The PS3/360 build obviously looked far better, but capturing ghosts felt too hit-or-miss, to the point of being somewhat frustrating. Will this be tuned? Probably. Will our biggest concerns – whether the new weapons will be put to good use, and will the levels / combat be more varied than what we saw – be addressed?

any video of the Wii game?

also, I was thinking of getting this on 360 but if the PS3 version has Folklore style motion controls for capturing ghosts, I'd go for that one.

markatisu

Linkzg said:
any video of the Wii game?

also, I was thinking of getting this on 360 but if the PS3 version has Folklore style motion controls for capturing ghosts, I'd go for that one.

No video yet, all we know is that the same people who developed Mushroom Men (which has incredible art style btw) are behind GB on the Wii

Milabrega

Jason's Ultimatum said:
10 minute gameplay demo of the Wii version. Looks AWESOME.

http://n4g.com/wii/News-245006.aspx

Game looks great, I like the cartoon style but the facial features are stretched too much like a characture drawing. Two concerns though:

1. Turning looks STIFF

2. Character movement looks very awkward with that camera. They should lock it over the shoulder RE4 style or turn it into a FPS if the controls/animations are going to see a significant change. I'd prefer the tank controls of RE that that awkward side shuffle.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Don't really like the artstyle, but it's okay I guess. The gameplay seems pretty standard.

The physics and particle effects are quite good though.

markatisu

Thats great to hear that the game is done and they are spending the next few months solely on polish, I think that will help greatly

Davey Cakes

It's so nice to know that the Wii version isn't just going to be a downgrade from the others. Putting a focus on the controls and multiplayer was a good choice. Going with a more cartoony style for it was an even better one.

Really, I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan and I'm looking forward to the prospect of having at least one of the versions turn out good. The trailer for the X360/PS3 version really got me a little giddy. I'm obviously sold on the story, the characters, and the use of the original cast for voicework, but I'm not yet sold on the gameplay. However, on the other side, the Wii version I've heard some positive things about, and from the trailer I can at least be confident that the polish time the game will be getting will be put to good use.

I won't mind if one game tells the story better while the other one just overall plays better. I figured that was the way things were going to be from the outset.

As a fan, I pretty much have to keep my eye open. It'll be hard to forgive the developers if these end up as mediocre games!

I am so going to get this game. I was a Ghostbusters freak back in the day and after hearing that this is essentially Ghostbusters 3....I must have it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh shiz at the pics Jiggy posted.

Also nice to here from Jstiq that the Wii version is coming along well. Hopefully they'll polish it up a lot more before release though.

lawblob said:
I think this game has a lot of potential. Not exactly on my most wanted list, but I remain optimistic.

I was pretty excited when the first screens came out.... BUT after seeing the CG trailer I'm so pumped that I'm about to bust a nut! BUSTIN' MAKES ME FEEL GOOOD!

I think making the Wii version practically a completely different game is an incredibly smart idea since it avoids multi-platform problems completely.

Yeah, the game is cartoony, but mostly for the character models it seems. The environments in the Wii game actually look really good. If you ask me, even though the cartoony style isn't great, there's a lot worse out there.

Top Bottom