• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters III... it's REALLY happening this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Banned
gdt5016 said:
No, they don't.

Yes, they do.

Not a lot, but they do. They wrote 3 episodes last season and created the series with Abrams. I don't believe they're as involved anymore though.

vazel

Banned
GillianSeed79 said:
Really, if this happens someone make sure Bill Murray doesn't phone it in. Actually don't even let him near the set.
You shut your mouth. Don't talk about Bill Murray that way.

vazel

Banned
Yes I know where you're repeating that from(the bland looking CG cutscenes were more to blame for giving that impression imo). But Bill Murray has been nothing but awesome in movies.

Kurtofan

I love the Ghostbusters movies,I hope the sequel won't suck.
GB2 was good,but I didn't really like the ending with the Statue of Liberty.

gdt

omg rite said:
Yes, they do.

Not a lot, but they do. They wrote 3 episodes last season and created the series with Abrams. I don't believe they're as involved anymore though.

Well, thats what I meant.

Isn't it more or less comparable to JJ and Lost?

I'm just going to throw this out for those that know what I'm talking about:

WOODY. EFFING. HARRELSON.

or Sam Rockwell. I can see him being the next Peter Venkman.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I know that we all love Ghostbusters, but on paper, this is a horrible idea. A terrible one. We're grasping at straws like "Oh Bill Murray says it might maybe be kinda ok maybe" when the math does not add up.

The writers are on our shitlist.
The director has gone Geroge Lucas.
Ghostbusters II was already sucking plot wind because it was a one-note concept.

This will be bad. This will be Blue Brothers 2000 bad. It will have a cute kid sidekick with child actor hair.

This will be Poochy.

OuterWorldVoice said:
I know that we all love Ghostbusters, but on paper, this is a horrible idea. A terrible one. We're grasping at straws like "Oh Bill Murray says it might maybe be kinda ok maybe" when the math does not add up.

The writers are on our shitlist.
The director has gone Geroge Lucas.
Ghostbusters II was already sucking plot wind because it was a one-note concept.

This will be bad. This will be Blue Brothers 2000 bad. It will have a cute kid sidekick with child actor hair.

This will be Poochy.

you've just earned a box of Pepperidge Farm Milano, expecially because you seem to be the only one besides me who can see G2 for what it is: a shit sequel

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Anasui Kishibe said:
you've just earned a box of Pepperidge Farm Milano, expecially because you seem to be the only one besides me who can see G2 for what it is: a shit sequel

G2 was about mood slime. It was awful. I think we pretended to like it out of sports-team-like loyalty.

ghostbusters 2 scared the shit out of me as a kid. the bit with the bath in particular. also. anyone know if you can a remote control ecto 1?

NR1

Ghostbusters II seems to be that kind of sequel where people either love it or that hate it.

Count me as one of those that love it. I see nothing horribly wrong with it. It used the exact same formula that the original used just modified and repackaged. Better to stick to something that is known to work rather than an untested idea that could anger fans. I'm one of those people that tends to enjoy sequels that others REALLY hate... The Lost World, Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls, The Phantom Menace, Matrix Reloaded (didn't care too much of Revolutions, but it still has some fun).

Sequels that I would call "bad," would include The Mummy Returns, Star Trek Nemesis, Jaws 2, 3, and 4, Men in Black II, Terminator 3, X3: The Last Stand, Alien Resurrection and RoboCop 3.

All are films that completely missed the charm of the original.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
OuterWorldVoice said:
G2 was about mood slime. It was awful. I think we pretended to like it out of sports-team-like loyalty.

Overlooking the somewhat retarded plot, it still had some great parts. Yes, it wasn't anywhere near the original, but it still had Bill Murray being Bill Murray ("The alien had a room at the Holiday Inn?") and various other one-liners. I think you're right about the loyalty thing, I probably liked it more than I had a right to because of the characters I know and love, but it wasn't that bad.

AniHawk

Thaedolus said:
Overlooking the somewhat retarded plot, it still had some great parts. Yes, it wasn't anywhere near the original, but it still had Bill Murray being Bill Murray ("The alien had a room at the Holiday Inn?") and various other one-liners. I think you're right about the loyalty thing, I probably liked it more than I had a right to because of the characters I know and love, but it wasn't that bad.

Let's see what happens when we take away the puppy.

NR1

AniHawk said:
Let's see what happens when we take away the puppy.

You know it was only recently that I realized that it was that scene that was foreshadowed the mood slime that would come later in the movie. :lol

Egon said:
I'm trying to determine whether human emotional states have a measurable effect on the psychomagnetheric energy field. It's a theory Ray and I were working on when we were still Ghostbusters.

Have you been outside lately? Do you know how weird it is out there? We've taken our own head count. There seem to be six million completely miserable assholes living in the tri-state area.

:D

Solo

gdt5016 said:
Well, thats what I meant.

Isn't it more or less comparable to JJ and Lost?

Something like that. Most of these shows end up being run by the underlings sooner or later. Another fun fact: Michael Giacchino doesnt score Fringe, either. He only did the pilot.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Jason's Ultimatum said:
I'm just going to throw this out for those that know what I'm talking about:

WOODY. EFFING. HARRELSON.

y'know, after seeing jesse eisenberg in zombieland, he seems like he would be a good fit in ghostbusters too.... i just hope they keep the new busters young...

gdt

Solo said:
Something like that. Most of these shows end up being run by the underlings sooner or later. Another fun fact: Michael Giacchino doesnt score Fringe, either. He only did the pilot.

I FUCKING KNEW IT.

I've always though the Fringe score was pretty weak, but that didn't jive with my high opinion his stuff.

Solo

gdt5016 said:
I FUCKING KNEW IT.

I've always though the Fringe score was pretty weak, but that didn't jive with my high opinion his stuff.

The titles are done by JJ Abrams, the pilot score by Giacchino, and everything ELSE by another dude.

Ardorx

Banned
If you're going to introduce a new team of ghostbusters to allow for future films, you're going to need two key individuals:

Burton Guster
Shawn Spencer

eLGee

I'd LOVE to see Woody Harrelson as a Ghostbuster. His sense of humor and comedic timing is pitch-perfect for a Ghostbusters movie.

OuterWorldVoice said:

deffo. I never ever liked it, though. Bill Murray clearly was bored out of his mind, the Statue of Liberty was cheesy as fuck, Vigo was LOL and goddamn Peter McNicol annoying as shit. There's such a disparity in quality between prototype and sequel it's really weird to see those GB fans liking GB2, it was a poorly written cash-in

the only scene I liked was the weird stuff TV show with Venkman. That scene made me laugh a bit.

shintoki said:
People are defending Ghostbusters 2?
20071119gb2dfav.png

DaMan121

Bill Murray look bored out of his mind in every movie he has ever been in, and Peter Macnicol was awesome, and statue of liberty scene rocked!

In defense of Ghostbusters II I'd like to allow its attorney to make a statement.
Louis Tully said:
Your Honor, ladies and gentleman of the audience, I don't think it's fair to call my clients frauds. Sure, the blackout was a big problem for everybody. I was trapped in an elevator for two hours and I had to make the whole time. But I don't blame them. Because one time, I turned into a dog and they helped me. Thank you.

Ghostbusters II was decent at best. It's basically a rehash of the first one. In the first movie, they saved the world from a demonic monster and then after they are out of business and everyone hates them. Huh? Then they have to start from square one again and save the world. It was entertaining but had a little too much of that "been there, done that" feeling.

Davey Cakes

When anyone ever asks me what my favorite movie is, I say Ghostbusters.

So, take it from me when I say that Ghostbusters II was still an enjoyable sequel, regardless of its flaws and its inability to live up to the original.

DaMan121 said:
Bill Murray look bored out of his mind in every movie he has ever been in, and Peter Macnicol was awesome, and statue of liberty scene rocked!

no, not really. His delivery was phoned and robotic as hell, not sure but he had such a bailout face the entire movie to me

the one time McNicol was not annoying was when he said "General, the president is talking, please" in 24 S6

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Ghostbusters 2 was OK. Not as good as the original, but still a decent sequel. At least it wasn't as fucking shitty as Gremlins 2 was.

Mashing

vazel said:
You shut your mouth. Don't talk about Bill Murray that way.

He was pretty shitty in that children's movie about the underground city. The name escapes me atm. I don't know when the movie released, but it looked pretty new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom