• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostbusters III... it's REALLY happening this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoneBone

There's been so much back-and-forthing on this over the past two years... I'll believe it if/when the cameras actually roll.

NR1

article-1321287-0BA594EA000005DC-442_306x490.jpg
105623300.jpg
Picture+23.png

x750-1.jpg
OJxUh.jpg

So is this confirmation that Murray may finally be onboard the GB3 train or is he just f---ing around with the fanboys? :lol

You can catch the actual award show on Tuesday night on Spike TV. This was film yesterday night.

Chairhome

NR1 said:
So is this confirmation that Murray may finally be onboard the GB3 train or is he just f---ing around with the fanboys? :lol

You can catch the actual award show on Tuesday night on Spike TV. This was film yesterday night.
I think he's just f-ing with everyone, haha.

LM4sure

Banned
Damn he looks old. There's no need for a Ghostbusters 3 either. Let the damn film die already! The originals are too old and it would be a travesty if they brought in a new group of Ghostbusters. I can just see it now: Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, and Michael Cera as the new troupe. Disgusting.

Davey Cakes

LM4sure said:
Damn he looks old. There's no need for a Ghostbusters 3 either. Let the damn film die already! The originals are too old and it would be a travesty if they brought in a new group of Ghostbusters. I can just see it now: Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, and Michael Cera as the new troupe. Disgusting.
I'm not sure about Cera, but Jonah Hill and Seth Rogen are legitimately funny given the right material to work with.

Tr4nce

I have always LOVED the shit out of Ghostbusters, but the great movie bosses on this planet should just stop making sequels, just for the sake of making sequels. If Murray sounds like his videogame counterpart, then I don't want my GBIII anyway. His performance was way too forced, it felt uncomfortable at times.

jax (old)

Banned
LM4sure said:
Damn he looks old.g.

He looked practically ancient in Zombieland. Even though some of it was the makeup * fakezombie but you could tell that he looked old

Its funny because just a few years ago in LIT + broken flowers, BM still looked okay

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
yep, please let it die :( i dont want my children growing up with another butchered tag along to a perfect childhood series

Also on the subject of looking old Harrison Ford looks ancient these days :(

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
This makes me very excited, Ghostbusters must still be in my 10 ten movies of ever.

Also, Sarah Silverman looks lovely in that pic (maybe becuase she is out of focus, i dunno).

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Anything I have ever heard from Bill Murray indicates that yes, hes trolling.

jax (old)

Banned
Mr Cola said:
yep, please let it die :( i dont want my children growing up with another butchered tag along to a perfect childhood series

Also on the subject of looking old Harrison Ford looks ancient these days :(

calista flockhart is a succubus.

I think he looks great in the suit and pack.

I really don't understand why the originals can't bust some ghosts for one last time. In the first movie, it wasn't like they were doing crazy stunts while wearing them. Make the packs lighter then. Have a one main ghost bust like the hotel/slimer scene in GB1 and then the big finale. Keep the movie similiar to the first one. Don't make it all fancy CGI crap.

wenis said:

Your Honor, ladies and gentleman of the au-audience, I don't think it's fair to call my clients frauds. Sure, the blackout was a big problem for everybody. I was trapped in an elevator for two hours and I had to make the whole time. But I don't blame them. Because one time, I turned into a dog and they helped me. Thank you.

Nikashi

Banned
Sielys said:
I'm all for it, as long as they don't try and pull some "Crystal Skull" bullshit.

It's already a series about interdimensional ghosts and spirits, would anything REALLY be "okay that's just too much" after a building sized Marshmallow Man ravaged New York?

NR1

Nikashi said:
It's already a series about interdimensional ghosts and spirits, would anything REALLY be "okay that's just too much" after a building sized Marshmallow Man ravaged New York?

Besides, isn't the first movie technically "Crystal Skull"? I mean, the guys destroyed an interdimensional being in a refrigerator with nuclear accelerators. They literally "Nuked the Fridge" 25 years before Indiana Jones. :lol

Jin34

Would anyone be kind to upload to youtube? Stupid thing is blocked in my country even though we GET SPIKE ON BASIC CABLE!! Fucking dumb digital blocking.

NR1

I find it interesting that after all this time and all the rumors, Sony/ Columbia has yet to come out a flat out squash these rumors.

With a casting call out now, I think we are getting pretty much as close to a confirmation as we are going to get before Sony sends out a Press Release.

Has anyone tried contacting the people reported on the casting information that was posted?

NR1

From a reported "insider" over at Sony...

Asked whether he knew anything about Ms Scary Movie being onboard, he replied “Dunno. First I’ve heard of it. Heard Will Forte’s name mentioned and Bill Hader, but not Faris. I’m not in on all that though, so she could be; [Sony] does like her”.

http://www.whatsplaying.com.au/2010/11/hollywood-insider-ghostbusters-3-auditions/

I guess that is good news for B.K. and SalsaShark. :lol

I think Bill Hader could be a good Egon replacement. I'm not too sure about Will Forte though...

I want Paul Rudd in this so bad, but I guess at 41 he might be too old.

Edit: Nevermind, Forte is 40. So I guess this where we start listing our dream cast (again).

.GqueB.

Banned
B.K. said:
Voicing a character isn't the same as really acting though.
I like how you didnt properly call it "voice acting" so your point wouldnt fall apart at the very beginning.

They may be completely different but they both they skill. Like how many voice actors out there could actually have voiced Genie as well as Robin Williams did? Not many.

But yea Anna Faris is a terrible actress.

NR1

It looks like Dan Aykroyd has confirmed the recent casting rumors.

According to Jonas, producer/writer/star Dan Aykroyd was on WGN Radio Chicago where he commented on those pesky rumors. He confirmed that they are casting and open to finding some fresh faces, adding that both Bill Hader and Anna Faris have been mentioned as "strong possibilities", although it's still too earlier to call.

Link: Bloody-Disgusting

EDIT:

It does appear he was in Chicago promoting his Crystal Head Vodka.

http://www.wgnradio.com/shows/gregjarrett/wgnam-gjuncut091116f,0,4562511.story

digita1alchemy said:
I want Paul Rudd in this so bad, but I guess at 41 he might be too old.

Edit: Nevermind, Forte is 40. So I guess this where we start listing our dream cast (again).
It still surprises me that Rudd is 40. He looks so young to me, and I still remember him as the loser in Clueless. Yes, I saw that movie and I watched it because of Stacey Dash, who has also aged damned well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom