• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #22 | Drew, F*** This Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can. It get's automatically cashed in as currency when it drops. So far I've only seen the whites and blues get duped and those go for 5 and 15 a pop

Yup. The levelling system caps out at 20kish experience per level, and at rank 100 it resets back to 1. So it'll constantly be rewarding you~

yami4ct

Side step this issue with exchange rates then. X Hearthstone coins = X+/-Y Overwatch coins. Done.

This really only benefits players who want to earn free currency.

Which isn't to call it a bad idea, I just don't see the economic merit. The marketing synergy probably wouldn't increase the player base by that much.

oti

Banned
You just don't understand how content is generated. They have a lot of work to do besides posting QLs.

Brad has to make sure no one is saying anything bad about him online.

Brad's pronunciation of "whip" is questionable.

I'm waiting for you,
Bradley

Gamespot going a bit OTT with their Overwatch coverage.

They are Gamespot. They pretended to care about Evolve. That's just what they do. At least the game is actually good and they should have have tons of fun covering it.

repeater

The month before e3.

Everytime. Every year.
image.php

yami4ct

Is Angry Birds the most well reviewed video game movie?

I can't say I'm shocked, but the best reviewed movie being the adaptation of an out of style mobile and only being at 44% is still rough.

popo

They are Gamespot. They pretended to care about Evolve. That's just what they do. At least the game is actually good and they should have have tons of fun covering it.

Better than GoT vids.

The all day stream, whatever, not like there is much else out and the game is hot at the moment.

The individual character vids though? Come across as something between doing the publishers PR job for free and standard youtube faire.

yami4ct

Is it really surprising? Mobile games are the future after all.

In the west, they come and go so fast that I can't imagine being able to do anything cross media with a hit before it fades out of public consciousness again.

Japan tends to hold onto top titles longer, but they seem satisfied with putting up web anime.

oti

Banned
The all day stream, whatever, not like there is much else out and the game is hot at the moment.

The individual character vids though? Come across as something between doing the publishers PR job for free and standard youtube faire.

What do you believe Gamespot (or IGN) is at this point? It's standard YouTube faire with a budget. You know which Giant Bomb video got the most clicks on YouTube, right? If not, check that out and come back.

yami4ct

Does spirits within even count?

It's a mediocre sci-fi film that happens to be made by a video game company and have their franchise name on it. It's kind of cheating, but also it does have the FF name right there.

Poor, poor Duncan Jones. To see years of a talented young director's life wasted on such a piece of crap is real sad.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I thought I was going to make a funny goof by saying "Hey, DoA is probably among the best, right?" but apparently it actually kinda is. That's....sad.

yami4ct

What does it say that the best-reviewed video game adaptations are ones that don't have much if any game story to match?

Most game stories are bad. Most games popular to get a film's stories are worse. The games that do have good writing are typically too long to do as a film, Last of Us, or their interactivity matters to the point that it makes them kind of hard to adapt, I would argue Persona 4 fits here, but I'm sure there are better examples.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
What does it say that the best-reviewed video game adaptations are ones that don't have much if any game story to match?

That people shouldn't pick AAA games to adapt movies from, because their stories are usual c-tier interpretations of big budget movies.

Strax

First Warcraft review has hit.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1223449

This isn't sounding good, guys.

Just the fact they call it worse then Battlefield Earth tells me the hyperbole train is picking up steam and bad marketing does have a bigger impact on reveiwers then I thought. Of course I haven't seen the movie but I can't simply fathom Duncan Jones going from being one of the best directors in the world to making something the same level as Battlefield Earth. That might be the biggest drop in quality in movie history.

yami4ct

Just the fact they call it worse then Battlefield Earth tells me the hyperbole train is picking up steam and bad marketing does have a bigger impact on reveiwers then I thought. Of course I haven't seen the movie but I can't simply fathom Duncan Jones going from being one of the best directors in the world to making something the same level as Battlefield Earth. That might be the biggest drop in quality in movie history.

An amazing director can't do anything if the material he's working with is a steaming pile of shit. He wasn't involved in writing the film AFAIK and even if he was, there's only so much he could probably do to salvage it.

Strax

An amazing director can't do anything if the material he's working with is a steaming pile of shit. He wasn't involved in writing the film AFAIK and even if he was, there's only so much he could probably do to salvage it.

The thing is that he read the script, he approved directing it and its not like he needed this movie, he could've done anything he wanted.

In the west, they come and go so fast that I can't imagine being able to do anything cross media with a hit before it fades out of public consciousness again.

Japan tends to hold onto top titles longer, but they seem satisfied with putting up web anime.

Which reminds me that Monster Strike killed itself by removing online play for NA.(I think in general?)

I dropped that game so hard.

yami4ct

Which reminds me that Monster Strike killed itself by removing online play for NA.(I think in general?)

I dropped that game so hard.

They did? Wow. I guess I can see where they're coming from in the sense that network play is a lot of upkeep, but removing themselves from the market entirely seems silly. That game makes so much damn money that it's crazy that the couldn't afford to upkeep network play. Especially given PAD just added network play and all their up and coming competitors seem to have it as well.

With all the love for Blizzards Cinematics and how well they've done with Overwatch what is it going to take for Blizzard to just start making their own cinematic movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom