• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 05/24/2016

daydream

Banned

gbnmh_deckbdoea.png

Date: 05/24/2016 - Duration:
02:35:19
- Download

Doom still rules the roost around here, but Overwatch is making some inroads, as are the latest E3 shakeups and leaks, the hottest pachinko tips, Drew's island adventures, Dan & Jason's fighting school, and a few unsavory bathroom emails.

gbnmh_castuzqf8.png

gbnmh_250px_brady9p7m.png
gbnmh_250px_jeff2lpdg.png
gbnmh_250px_drewfjp0x.png
gbnmh_250px_danptoxs.png
gbnmh_250px_jasonnxook.png

JeffGrubb

When they're ready, we don't know anything more than that. They've recorded the last few to test various stuff, so when they're happy with it they'll start.

Cool. This is all I was wondering. I hadn't even heard the "when they're ready" line.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Jeff echoes a lot of my concerns with overwatch as a primarily solo player and team comps, and the failure to adjust to changing strats.

Nachos

Ol' Jeff "Thunder Ryu" Gerstmann, wrestling game journalist turned yakuza member, and friend of polygonal Takashi Miike.

Will anyone ever correct Brad about Until Dawn? I love the game too but its really less malleable than Brad makes it out to be. About half the cast cannot die until the final scene, and two of the characters never hook up with the main cast again.

Dizzy-4U

I was one of those poor dreamcast quake 3 players that got absolutely destroyed in every single match. Glad to have contributed to Jeff''s enjoyment.

FluxWaveZ

Will anyone ever correct Brad about Until Dawn? I love the game too but its really less malleable than Brad makes it out to be. About half the cast cannot die until the final scene, and two of the characters never hook up with the main cast again.

Is he purely talking about death or the plot as a whole? Because I would say he's right; whether a character lives or dies really isn't the crux of it.

JamesAR15

Great job on the thread OP.

Looking forward to the podcast going livestream, the team has been doing a great job so far with the music feeds during show instead of being done in post.

ike_

I had a feeling Zelda Wii U was going to be a Mario Party boardgame-style amiibo-exclusive game that launches first on Kickstarter.

Nice to finally have some confirmation. Finally.

Is he purely talking about death or the plot as a whole? Because I would say he's right; whether a character lives or dies really isn't the crux of it.

I think the only choices with plot consequences (before the final scene) are
failing to get Ashley to trust Chris, resulting in his death, and failing to act on knowledge of the Wendigo and ending up killing Emily.
. Most of the decisions are just red herrings, they don't affect the flow of the plot. I think the most egregious example is
Mike's second trip through the Sanitarium. There's no real structural reason why he wears plot armor during that segment.

ST2K

We still have the back half of the year, guys. Hopefully something will come along to make things interesting.

That "no one knows how to play" thing in Overwatch will pass after a week. It was like that each time a new wave of players got into the beta but each time people figured it out. Shockingly fast, really.

sflufan

Banned
Dan Ryckert will work his magic.

Uncharted 4 will not be the hill Dan dies on when it comes to the GotY negotiations. That hill belongs to Stardew Valley.

When it all comes down, Dan will drop Uncharted like a piece of bad cheese.

Fox318

Man those emails At the end...

Cbsi sounds like such a shit place if people are fucking facetiming like that

LiK

Uncharted 4 will not be the hill Dan dies on when it comes to the GotY negotiations. That hill belongs to Stardew Valley.

When it all comes down, Dan will drop Uncharted like a piece of bad cheese.

i suppose so. but god willing, there's gotta be other folks who liked UC4!

darksagus

Ill be glad once all this uncharted4/doom/overwatch talk is over. I hope they are this enthusiastic about Persona 5 when it launches.

Top Bottom