• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 05/24/2016

KingKong

The problem is that once a meta is discovered, you have to play the game the one way that people have said is the best way to play or you "suck" because you aren't playing the game "correctly".

I understand Jeff's disdain for that type of play since he only plays casually and has no interest in being MLG-pro.

that's really not a thing in any public games you play, especially on consoles and you can always mute those few. and its a team game. you should play as a team. it has nothing to do with being pro or tryhard or whatever

It just seems like the third or fourth time that there's been a cycle of them complaining about people who will take the game seriously before the game even comes out and 'ruin' their experience, trying the game out and finding a few people like that, starting to take it seriously themselves and then immediately dropping it

Uncharted 4 will not be the hill Dan dies on when it comes to the GotY negotiations. That hill belongs to Stardew Valley.

When it all comes down, Dan will drop Uncharted like a piece of bad cheese.

Yeah, Dan really loves Stardew Valley. With Uncharted 4, he agrees that it's still more of the same when Brad brought up that he's not as into another Uncharted and feeling the retread in the QL. "If it wasn't well-written, the gameplay side of this...you've seen most of it before". "Almost too much of this [regarding the platforming]." Dan said "it feels a little bit too long...there's a lot of shootouts back-to-back with a bunch of this [platforming] in between and by the end I just wanted to see where the story was going and I was kind of tired of doing this. There's a lot of it. If there's a main complaint, it's this and there's a lot of push this box over there. They'll keep popping up." On the MP, Dan was even more down on it ("It's not bad by any means...I feel it's just there...but yeah I won't be playing a bunch of that").

I could see them putting HITMAN over Uncharted 4, like they constantly brought up Hitman during the Uncharted 4 QL haha. The funniest GB moments of this year have been from that game, like the circumscientist.

Curufinwe

National Treasure Book of Secrets really isn't that similar, unless you think evil antique dealers and phone hacking are unique to that film. It's story is based around American Presidential fake history, and the hero's actual mother and father are key characters.

Gecoma

Wonder what Brad needed old PS3 Uncharted saves for.

Also there are a couple of people in here saying that GB East are loving Uncharted 4. I haven't listened to the latest Beastcast but in the one before that they mentioned it for about 2 minutes then quickly moved on. Would anyone have any timecodes for wherever they talked about it for longer.

ArjanN

National Treasure Book of Secrets really isn't that similar, unless you think evil antique dealers and phone hacking are unique to that film. It's story is based around American Presidential fake history, and the hero's actual mother and father are key characters.

National Treasure is just another Indiana Jones knockoff, which already explains the similarity with Uncharted.

Bad7667

How in the hell did they have the ability to ignore Dan saying he avoided shitting at home?

It's been bugging me since I listened to it. Why Dan? Please I need to know.

Justinh

GIF Form
kC6qXgM.gif

I meant to make this when I first saw it, but then got distracted with Sleeping Dogs.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
How in the hell did they have the ability to ignore Dan saying he avoided shitting at home?

They didn't really ignore it, more that they started to go down the path and decided better. But I'm damned curious myself. My first thought when I heard him say that was, "He doesn't clean his bathroom and it's extremely nasty."

They didn't really ignore it, more that they started to go down the path and decided better. But I'm damned curious myself. My first thought when I heard him say that was, "He doesn't clean his bathroom and it's extremely nasty."

or he's so cheap he doesn't want to buy toilet paper

Justinh

"He doesn't clean his bathroom and it's extremely nasty."

This reminds me of when they were playing Amiibo festival and commenting on how nasty the Wii U gamepad was and it was Mr. Ryckert's (or something like that) and then something like "The bathrooms here are probably worse than yours at home... Well, probably not..."

Myggen

Wonder what Brad needed old PS3 Uncharted saves for.

Uncharted retrospective probably, someone mentioned that they had ND devs at their office a short while ago.

Also for as much as I love this Dan bathroom fan fic, he lives with at least one more person (probably two) so it`s probably not very accurate.

You know what it's like when you have a newish girlfriend, and you shit the toilet up with your stink thinking they won't need to use it until the smell has cleared and the minute you come out they go in.

.JayZii

Banned
Well it is the game Atlus will be making for the next 8 years.
They're going to be making it for 8 more years? Holy shit, tell us what you know.

dan preferring to shit at public places than his home prior... hes a garbage person isnt he?
I'm assuming his girlfriend cleaned his horrifying bathroom once, and then forbid him from setting foot in it ever again.
Vinny's reaction after seeing the latest Persona 5 trailer:

Step 1: https://twitter.com/VinnyCaravella/status/728231897986387968
Step 2: https://twitter.com/VinnyCaravella/status/728232504478580736

It's not happening, be happy if they actually play it at all when it comes out.
Maybe they could make a shorter version of a P5 playthrough. I only ever watched a few highlight videos of their P4 one. P4 is possibly my favorite game ever, and I really like Jeff and Vinny, but watching that entire endurance run is just way too much for me.

FluxWaveZ

Maybe they could make a shorter version of a P5 playthrough. I only ever watched a few highlight videos of their P4 one. P4 is possibly my favorite game ever, and I really like Jeff and Vinny, but watching that entire endurance run is just way too much for me.

Not sure I'd see the point of that, tbh (or even how that'd work; a playthrough is a playthrough). They have Quick Looks to show off games, too. Maybe they could make it their second ever Endurance Look.

Trojan

I can't unhear Jason's cottonmouth when he's on the Bombcast. He needs a drink of water to clear that up...it makes me cringe every time he talks. Am I the only one bothered by this?

Quonny

Man I am right there with Jeff when it comes to Overwatch. I feel myself starting to care and I don't want to play anymore.

Drew gets to do all of the fun things. Getting on a submarine sounds like an amazing experience.

I love how cavalier Brad was about wanting to spoil the end of Uncharted 4. It should not have required two of them talking him out of it. Jeez.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just expecting Dan's bathroom reasoning to be that all he had was a 5-pack of Chinet hard paper dinner plates, and had to use those since he never buys toilet paper.
PaPkf9tl.jpg

LQX

Slightly disturbing that Jeff would make no effort to thoroughly clean his bathroom floor if someone took a shit on it. He seemed so put off that the dude that had the pizza delivery guy shit on his floor used bleach to clean it up. Who the hell would not use some sort of disinfectant in a situation like that? Odd, his whole vibe during that email was odd leading me to believe Jeff...

Slightly disturbing that Jeff would make no effort to thoroughly clean his bathroom floor if someone took a shit on it. He seemed so put off that the dude that had the pizza delivery guy shit on his floor used bleach to clean it up. Who the hell would not use some sort of disinfectant in a situation like that? Odd, his whole vibe during that email was odd leading me to believe Jeff...

is the mad shitter?

Top Bottom