• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 05/10/2016

I was never tought WW1 in school either but come on. And Jeff calling the weapons garbage? Jesus.

There's also stuff that would've explained questions they have already released if they'd just dug a little deeper. Like them wondering if it'd be too American-Centric when one of the protagonists that has been shown is a Bedoiun woman.

I guess to me it's really fucking jaded of them to suggest it would've just been better to revisit WWII. I mean it's not like that war isn't fudged either; I doubt half the Germanss were running around with Mp. 40s and Sturmgewhers.

Another interesting thing, the Pickelhaube, the 'spikey helmets' Jeff refers to, began to be replaced with the Stahlhelm about half way through the war, the iconic German helmet of WWII.

I feel like you've got to be pretty on point with your aiming in Overwatch, actually. Maybe Mei's icicle projectiles are bigger and/or opponents are more likely to accidentally step into their trajectory because of their slowness?

popo

When Jeff was talking about how much he liked "apple pie", we know what he was talking about.

Brad's relative

Popcorn-Sutton-Distillery-Tours-03.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, we also covered World War II in school. It's not like they chose one war over the other.
Sure, but the whole "we became a nation" thing starts with Vimy Ridge. Canada doesn't really have a big defining moment in WW2. There's Dieppe, which is the biggest failure that was later spun to be the "beta test" for the D-Day landings and freeing the Netherlands. Back home it's the beginning of the alienation of Quebec as they were forced to fight for a country they didn't believe in (Britain).

Probably the weirdest thing is that Canada had a Chinese commando unit that they were going to insert into China, but that isn't really taught anywhere.

wow that's super aussie lol. Australia defines itself in military mythology by the Gallipoli campaign (and to a lesser extent the WWII timor/pacific war)
Yeah, it's really our Gallipoli. lol

Top Bottom