• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jubbe

I'm not really sure Yakuza 0 is a great game to watch 3 people play together.

They keep butting up against the limitations of the game by suggesting things the game doesn't allow. Also the game is funny enough on its own to not require 3 people making jokes over the top of it.

(most importantly they really need to start avoiding fights whenever possible, the fights are the most boring part of the game)

With regards to MGS rankings: 5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>1,2,3,4

(5 is the only good numbered MGS game)

Edit: ffs new page

Megasoum

Banned
Danny's new project...

2733173-jeff_smile.gif

Yeah I dunno... I think it's cool for him (well potentially anyway) but I don'T really care personnaly about that specific subject...

Anyway, I'll still watch it obviously.

Wunder

I'm not really sure Yakuza 0 is a great game to watch 3 people play together.

They keep butting up against the limitations of the game by suggesting things the game doesn't allow. Also the game is funny enough on its own to not require 3 people making jokes over the top of it.

(most importantly they really need to start avoiding fights whenever possible, the fights are the most boring part of the game)

I think Yakuza 0 is ripe for reactions and/or riffing on from the great story cutscenes to the absurd substories. However, outside of that there probably isn't as much to comment on since it's usually just mechanics/minigames that you do over and over. I definitely think they should be avoiding more fights though, since you don't really get great money out of them past the very early game and you get enough combat through the story, making the encounters in the wild fairly pointless/monotonous.

What I fear most is that they end up trying out a mini-game for a while in an episode and then never going back to it again. Something like the Real Estate metagame is essential to get deeper into the sphere grid and I have a sneaking suspicion, if they continue at this pace, that they'll unlock it and maybe defeat the first boss and then move on. That's probably one of the larger flaws in the game for me. In a game where most content is optional/skippable, you need to engage with the two unlockable management games if you want to ever get deeper in the sphere grid past like the first 3 blips. The other options of making money are vastly inferior and most likely involve grinding out a harder mini-game continuously.

pizzacat

Banned
Ghost Babel is the strongest MGS

2 is a close second

V should have been the game that ended all game development becauae there was no point, konami saw where it was heading and stopped Kojima before he cause the digital nuke

Zoggy

You guys are not helping anyone every time you jump into a drew gif thread with "hey guys that's drew scanlon from giantbomb.com!!! Go check that site out!!"

Just fucking stop it

You guys are not helping anyone every time you jump into a drew gif thread with "hey guys that's drew scanlon from giantbomb.com!!! Go check that site out!!"

Just fucking stop it

hey guys

make sure to likesubscribeand comment on giantbomb.com where blinking man is from support them and you can get more hot memes

driggonny

Banned
I'm so sorry guys. Someone in another thread asked who was in the gif and I told them that it was Drew Scanlon from GiantBomb.com.

I'm terrible.

TraBuch

Banned
So in the first four months of 2017, we're getting:

Resident Evil VII
Yakuza 0
Nioh
For Honor
Nier Automata
Horizon
Zelda
Ghost Recon
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Mass Effect
Persona 5
Gravity Rush 2
Tales of Berseria
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
A remaster of last generation's most overlooked game, Bulletstorm

What the shit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So in the first four months of 2017, we're getting:

Resident Evil VII
Yakuza 0
Nioh
For Honor
Nier Automata
Horizon
Zelda
Ghost Recon
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Mass Effect
Persona 5
Gravity Rush 2
Tales of Berseria
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
A remaster of last generation's most overlooked game, Bulletstorm

What the shit.

Wouldn't be surprised if we got a new Overwatch hero too

TraBuch

Banned
And that's not even mentioning stuff like Toukiden 2, Jason's 2017 GOTY, or MLB The Show, which is basically the best sports game released every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom