• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Marking Giant Bomb thread Ecks as my territory.

I finally watched The Rock last night after the guys bringing it up a few times. It was a good movie but not really worthy of the praise (such as Dan saying it's one of the top five action movies ever). Though my opinion may be colored by my dislike for misters Connery and Cage.
0008_n9sdw.gif

Does anyone have the version of this gif that starts with the infamous kick death from Load Our Last Souls?

Renpatsu

It's one of Bay's better action movies, that's for sure.

I don't know whether that ludicrous car chase through the streets of San Francisco, which is completely redundant from a plot point of view, makes it a better movie or a worse movie for having kept it in.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I don't know whether that ludicrous car chase through the streets of San Francisco, which is completely redundant from a plot point of view, makes it a better movie or a worse movie for having kept it in.

Hey man you just fucked up your Ferrari.

It wasn't mine.

I actually thought of bringing up the chase scene. That whole scene was garbage.

Joeku

How can anyone dislike nicholas cage?

Have you experienced Knowing? It's like Evanescence collectively read an Asimov short story and wrote a song about it that a 14-year old turned into a screenplay. It's like Broken Telephone as applied to themes and basic movie-making rules.

I've never more wanted to put a shotgun in my mouth after seeing a movie.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I remember cage being great in matchstick men with that girl from tucker.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Have you experienced Knowing? It's like Evanescence collectively read an Asimov short story and wrote a song about it that a 14-year old turned into a screenplay. It's like Broken Telephone as applied to themes and basic movie-making rules.

I've never more wanted to put a shotgun in my mouth after seeing a movie.

I didn't say that I'm willing to watch all the movies that he's been in. :p

Renpatsu

I actually thought of bringing up the chase scene. That whole scene was garbage.
I can appreciate it on one level for being the epitome of 90s Hollywood dumb action movie bluster and excess complete with the racial and cultural stereotyping, tropes and cliché - but the fact that you could remove that scene and nothing would be lost from a narrative standpoint just shows how much of a waste it is. In fact by leaving it in it only makes out Sean Connery's character to be an inhumane monster without regard for human life which is all the more surprising because the scene directly following that chase is designed for the audience to empathise with his devotion and love for his daughter. Ugh.

I will say though that Nicholas Cage quantifiably elevates whatever movie he stars in no matter what it is. FACT.

Oh no, poor Chris Watters!

I've removed that bit. Apparently it didn't sit well with people! Which, of course, makes complete sense. Chris is a cool guy and I wish he popped into GB stuff more; him not doing so is the only reason I had no dumb jokes for his bit.

If anyone can write a similar piece about Chris I might add it back in, but otherwise I'll leave it be.

jgminto

Are any of the West guys playing D4? It didn't even get a mention on the last bombcast and I was a little annoyed. Unless they said something about it in a recent premium video.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Are any of the West guys playing D4? It didn't even get a mention on the last bombcast and I was a little annoyed. Unless they said something about it in a recent premium video.

Alex was playing it. I think he finished what's available right now and he liked it.

Edit: I'm an idiot. West guys you said.

hahahah fantastic OP

To bad my title did not make the cut, I did "X hits the Spot" (get it :p).

Anyway looking forward to watching all the prem content from this week today.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I remember cage being great in matchstick men with that girl from tucker.

For every Knowing/Ghost Rider that there is Cage redeems himself with films/performances like the Bad Lieutenant remake. When you let the man go wild that's when he's the most entertaining :)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I've started re-watching a lot of Anime with the thought "I wonder if Dan would like this."

I also find myself thinking disturbingly like him. Was watching the ending of Cowboy bebop
And watching Spike's attack on the Red Dragon HQ, I kept thinking "Man, Spike is just a super cooldude, like Solid Snake!"

Maybe Dan is actually a virus that infects people hearing him and slowly turns them into him. Brad is the Patient Zero, Drew spends a suspicious amount of time with Dan, going to Hoodslam and all and Danny is spending the holidays with him. Who knows who'll be next?
Maybe Vinny knew. Maybe he fled.

everything you've said here is exactly why I enjoy that movie.

Gowans

Where's the GB coverage for Forza Horizon 2, Shadow of Mordor, Kick Beat and Defense Grid 2 (maybe the new CastleStore too) Looking forward to seeing the guys weigh in.

Where's the GB coverage for Forza Horizon 2, Shadow of Mordor, Kick Beat and Defense Grid 2 (maybe the new CastleStore too) Looking forward to seeing the guys weigh in.
I think video stuff for Shadow of Mordor is embargo'd until launch, don't know about the rest.

rpowelll

Neo Member

Brad mentioned that a Defense Grid 2 quick look was probably coming this week on Twitter. Not sure about any of those other games.

Gowans

Look forward to DF2 then next week. I guess they missed FH2 with Jeff being out.

I'm sure they'll pick them up, GB is normally the place is go for this stuff.

popo

Hate the juvenile title, rest of the OT is great.

Just let it be known that if we end up moved to Community, it was having that thread title on the front page that did it.

Hate the juvenile title, rest of the OT is great.

Just let it be known that if we end up moved to Community, it was having that thread title on the front page that did it.

I mean

if anyone else thinks this, I'm all for changing it to "Keeping It Diesel"

Top Bottom