• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 11/18/14

KingKong

Rorie makes DA:I sound kind of OK if it wasnt 80 hours long. Cant imagine someone spending that much with what he described as mediocre story and characters and combat

KingKong

So why isn't Rorie a regular on the podcast? No offense to Drew but he doesn't really speak much or has played enough games to contribute to the discussions

So why isn't Rorie a regular on the podcast? No offense to Drew but he doesn't really speak much or has played enough games to contribute to the discussions

100% this. Drew has never really contributed anything substantive to the podcast (with the exception of his weird trips/activities that are sometimes amusing). He never plays anything and doesn't seem to know much about what's going on in the industry. Rorie is a much better addition.

You just can't escape this Drew mutiny. Drewtiny, if you will.

You monsters!

He's a video production guy. Seems like he's only on the podcast because with Vinny moving to the East Coast, their options were limited.

Myggen

So are they not allowed to mention crunchyroll? Someone said "hey isn't there that thing you can subscribe to" during the anime discussion and everyone was like "I DON'T KNOW!". I just thought it was weird, thought they did crunchyroll spots previously

Pretty sure it was a joke. Didn't they even do a Crunchyroll ad in that very podcast? :p

Great episode btw.

popo

It was a joke. Also - if they had taken the bait and added an extra quick plug then technically Brad would have had to cut it out of the premium podcast.

Bacon

I think I would actually be ok with Rorie becoming a permanent chair on the bombcast assuming he even has the time to do it. He was really good this week and he likes completely different types of games then the rest of the guys. I think he would be a good addition. I don't know that you need to remove Drew though, they've had consistent 5 man casts in the past.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dan's matter of fact acceptance "Oh yeah, Metal Gear is totally anime bullshit" was great. His "everything will work itself out" philosophy on life just lets him slip right into a new slightly more informed opinion without any cognitive dissonance. It's fascinating.

NJPW Toukon Retsuden is Yuke's precursor series to the WWF Smackdown series. For that one other person who cares.

2 wrestling obsessed people yet they know nothing about any other wrestling games.

I was laughing that Rorie was the only one who was familiar with Yuke's having a great reputation for their Japanese games before Smackdown started. Then again I did just reference Toukon Retsuden like last week on a post in the WWE game thread, so I'm probably that other person you're talking about.

Some works are of such great quality that they appeal to a wider audience that is usually not into the genre.

Of course it's not a 100% percent thing and some people refuse to look at anything beyond the genre they already like but in all media/genres there's works one knows most people will enjoy.

Exaclty. Him, me, and a number of others are OPEN to a good anime entry but are not beholden to that form of media. Alot of people didn't recognize alot of the last 10 years was percieved as being "completely pro-anime" or "completely anti-anime". Hell, it's what Dan was sussing out recently.

GIant Bomb: They're all The Anime Editor

Messier75

Neo Member
A gin & tonic is a fine cocktail. Don't listen to the anti-gin agenda pushers.

Good on Dan for being open to trying things and allowing room for his opinions to change.

What the hell? Those naturebox snacks actually look really goddamn good. Has anyone else looked at the website?

I subbed for two months, and honestly wasn't worth it. I'm sure some of it will taste good to you, but all the snacks have this weird dry, almost foamy texture to them. and they're not that healthy, you could find some better snacks at a health store for about the same price.

Curufinwe

Even after Watch Dogs they can't admit their idea that Assassin's Creed would have been better off moving to the present day with guns and cars would have been bad for the series.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
What the hell? Those naturebox snacks actually look really goddamn good. Has anyone else looked at the website?

I subscribed after hearing the bombcast commercial a month or two ago. Aside from a few duds here and there the snacks are absolutely delicious.

FStop7

Banned
Even after Watch Dogs they can't admit their idea that Assassin's Creed would have been better off moving to the present day with guns and cars would have been bad for the series.

The present day stuff in AC3 was horrid.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with keeping the game in the past. It's the technical issues and the lack of clear vision for what the game is due to the "design by committee" nature of a 1500 person dev team that fucked Unity.

AC2 and Brotherhood remain the pinnacle of the series. The story, the music, the environments, etc.

I still can't believe they fucked up the French Revolution. This should have been the one AC game that they should have absolutely nailed, and they completely fumbled it.

Ace 8095

Loved Jeff's comments on MCC. This is Microsoft's biggest franchise. There is no excuse and it's shocking they could fuck up this bad.

Curufinwe

To see your PS+ status on PS4:

Settings->PSN->Account Information->Services List->PlayStation Plus

Gotta love people who email the Bombcast with conspiracy theories when the problem is with them.

Celegus

Polar Bear Cafe spinoff podcast coming soon?

And I know Giant Bomb isn't the primary audience, but Wii U has Xenoblade Chronicles X coming next year. Probably the only thing that can give Bloodborne some competition for my GotY next year.

Oppo

Jeff's still too hard on the Driveclub base game. ;)

I chuckled at that one moment that went like (paraphrasing here):

Jeff: what are they gonna do, patch the physics? as if

Brad: the new patch.. adjusts the physics on collisions and corners

(strangled noises)

Didn't Jeff say on last week's Bombcast he voted for games for this year's Game Awards, which involved listing games he liked this year?

Or am I misremembering completely?

I just listened again and it really sounded to me like he was talking about this year, but when I mentioned it in the thread about the game awards Geoff called me out on it. Oh well, I don't want to get Jeff in hot water if he wasn't supposed to say anything about it so I'll keep quiet.

I just listened again and it really sounded to me like he was talking about this year, but when I mentioned it in the thread about the game awards Geoff called me out on it. Oh well, I don't want to get Jeff in hot water if he wasn't supposed to say anything about it so I'll keep quiet.

I came away with the same impression from that conversation. Seems weird that they're all mum about it now though.

Seventy70

Drew is great! He stays!

I agree. I think it's useful to have a "normal" person who doesn't have to play games all the time and get his opinion on things. Rorie is good in small doses. He can start to get irritating after long periods of time.

Top Bottom