• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girls - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only reason I'll continue to watch this show is for Adam. He's far and away the best character.
Really hope he gets another episode paired with Ray, S2E6 was great.

inm8num2

I think the only reason I'll continue to watch this show is for Adam. He's far and away the best character.
Really hope he gets another episode paired with Ray, S2E6 was great.

Yea I like Adam. He's fucked up but amusing to watch. I like Ray, too.

The show's biggest weakness is Hannah. Last season's episode of her impromptu sex romp with a rich 40-something was probably the low point.

Jessa is interesting. Marnie has her moments. Shoshanna is annoying.

Hell, just spin off the male characters into "Boys". ;)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
When you've watched two full seasons and are going to watch the third, it's not hate-watching. If you didn't like it you'd have given up on the show by now. Why waste your time on something you don't enjoy?

Hate watching doesn't mean that you dislike watching the show. It means that you enjoy watching the show because it's terrible. You enjoy watching it because of the horrible acting or writing or production values or outrageous storylines or what have you.

Watching a show that you actually derive absolutely no enjoyment from is baffling, and, I imagine, much rarer than hate watching.

Let's just remind ourselves that Girls is getting a third season and Enlightened isn't.

Day ruined.

Looking looks good

Yes, it does. January 19th 10:30/9:30c. Mark your calendars. The gays are coming.

The show's biggest weakness is Hannah. Last season's episode of her impromptu sex romp with a rich 40-something was probably the low point.

Sexist double standard perpetuator!!

Empty

Let us remind ourselves that Girls being on the air has absolutely nothing to do with Enlightened being cut.

yeah pretty much. it's just lazy and annoying and i adore enlightened and am lukewarm on girls

might as well go into the walking dead thread and tell everyone there how much it sucks that it has four seasons while rubicon got canceled or go into the american horror story thread and whine about terriers

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I generally liked season 1 but I thought season 2 was a mess. The first half was an unfunny disaster that tried too hard to be cute and while the second half was decent (outside of the horrible finale), I don't really look back all that favorably on season 2. I do hope that Dunham was able to right the ship this year though.

Let us remind ourselves that Girls being on the air has absolutely nothing to do with Enlightened being cut.

Because that's totally what I was suggesting. Boom. You got me.

I generally liked season 1 but I thought season 2 was a mess. The first half was an unfunny disaster that tried too hard to be cute and while the second half was decent (outside of the horrible finale), I don't really look back all that favorably on season 2. I do hope that Dunham was able to right the ship this year though.
Yeah, this pretty much mirrors my opinion of the show. Season 1 was okay. Season 2 was a mess.

It's just a very amateurish show - both the writing and the acting.

anaron isn't doing the S3 thread this year, so if anyone is interested in making one, please step up and go for it. The new season starts this Sunday. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom