• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girls - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

He's a good actor but his role was shit, so no big loss there.

It's going to be bad for the show's continuity though, since Marnie had declared herself to him and they were meant to be together.

ezekial45

Banned
He is a massive chump on the show.

I'm wondering if that's the reason why he left. That whole turnout from him was God awful. They definitely should've stuck with the 'casaul' hookup angle, that Marnie brought up.

Him going back to her seemed like writer's wish fulfillment.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I wonder what kind of crazy shit they threw at the wall for his character...

Lena: "So Chris, for this season we will have Charlie run for the US senate, Marnie gets knocked up by Adam and then Charlie ends up raising her kid because Marnie leaves the kid behind and runs away after being diagnosed with post-maternal depression. Wouldn't that be hilarious?"

reilo

Just because Chris left, it doesn't mean they'll write Charlie out. They can just replace him with Adrian Grenier.

DAMN that's surprising news, and I have to give this guy mad props. This guy isn't much of a somebody and this show is a sweet gig for him, and he decides to leave it because he realizes his character is stupid and makes no sense. Not something you see often.

Bladenic

Not happy about this, I really liked Charlie. Well, except for how the season ended. And if he (the actor) doesn't like the direction (and God knows what idiocy Lena has planned) then good for him for leaving.

I can't wait to see how he's written out.

ezekial45

Banned
DAMN that's surprising news, and I have to give this guy mad props. This guy isn't much of a somebody and this show is a sweet gig for him, and he decides to leave it because he realizes his character is stupid and makes no sense. Not something you see often.

He's made a few movies already, and he's preparing for a few gigs now. So he's not out of work. I'm sure he'll be fine.

As for how they will write him out, they'll probably say that his company expanded and that he was needed elsewhere. Done.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's going to be bad for the show's continuity though, since Marnie had declared herself to him and they were meant to be together.

I saw their relationship only lasting an episode or two before they broke up again anyway. I'm surprised by his departure - he only had a few scenes here and there so it couldn't have interfered much with his other projects - so he must have been clashing pretty hard with Lena. I liked him as an actor but his character was barely there, so yeah. Oh well.

Hazmat

It's obviously because his app is blowing up and someone gave him a software company stocked with the most attractive twentysomethings imaginable.

iammeiam

It's obviously because his app is blowing up and someone gave him a software company stocked with the most attractive twentysomethings imaginable.

So you're saying he'll ultimately relapse, do a guest spot after a particularly cringe-worthy episode, and then end up as a regular, committed cast member again despite his character getting even worse?

giga

Ironic. Charlie was pretty much the only one who had his shit together in the show. And now he walks. Ahahaha.

reilo

The truly ironic thing is that Charlie was the most "real" character on the show (real being a relative term), and everyone else is a farce. Especially S1 Charlie.

giga

As for how they will write him out, they'll probably say that his company expanded and that he was needed elsewhere. Done.
Nope. It'll be something along the lines of Charlie converting to half Bahai Faith, half Scientology, after being recruited by celebrity millionaires who provide VC for his startup. He then finds peace in gender reassignment surgery, despite still being in love with Marnie.

And that's why Marnie had to break it off.

Done.

Maybe he and the dude who plays Adam should star in netflix´BOYS

how-to-make-it-in-america-season-2-premiere.jpg

GG-Duo

So in situations like these, do the actors just don't appear in the season at all, or they would be obliged to show up for an episode?

I mean, props to the guy for leaving a mopey, meandering character, but I like closure on my TV shows...

Necrovex

I was just reminded from the other Girls thread that I still need to plow through the second season. I hear the finale activates a
reset button on the series.
Is this spoiler true? I would be vastly disappointed if this was the case.

- Deadline: Michael Zegen Joins HBO Comedy ‘Girls’
Michael Zegen, who recurs as infamous mobster Bugsy Siegel on Boardwalk Empire, has been added to the cast of another HBO series, Lena Dunham’s comedy Girls. The network is keeping details about his character and the number of episodes he will appear in under wraps, but Zegen may fill the void left by the sudden departure of Christopher Abbott. He’ll also be returning to Boardwalk Empire this fall. Most recently, Zegen appeared alongside fellow Girls actor Adam Driver in Noah Baumbach’s Frances Ha. Zegen’s previous recurring gigs include The Walking Dead, Rescue Me and HBO’s How To Make It In America. He is with UTA and manager Jill Kaplan at Principal NY.

O508blJ.png

- LA Times: Lena Dunham analyzes three episodes of 'Girls'

dbztrk

He's a good actor but his role was shit, so no big loss there.

He was also the most/only attractive male cast member. He will be missed. :(

wetflame

Pizza Dog
When you've watched two full seasons and are going to watch the third, it's not hate-watching. If you didn't like it you'd have given up on the show by now. Why waste your time on something you don't enjoy?

Empty

i can't hate-watch, i genuinely really want the show to be good. i feel like it has a lot to say, the subject matter has promise and has lots of good moments, it's just a mess overall.

s3 trailer looks like girls. hopefully they can almost kind of get it together this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom