• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Going forward God of War needs to start using free roam camera

Jarate

Banned
hahaha so much hate in this thread.

if you hate the series, why be so vocal? especially if you feel it is a crap series since the first game?

I loved COD4...did not like the rest in the series. Instead of bitching, I moved on to other games of the same genre. I don't go into COD threads slamming the game, because OBVIOUSLY there Millions who STILL like the series.

GOW still sales a ton, so obviously it is not considered a "crap" series to the publisher and devs.

or those who want to change the series drastically, well that is one reason I personally have not bought GOW:A I heard and read it played different than the usual GOW series, little things like game mechanics. So I missed out on it during launch, but will give it a chance down the road.

I just said the combat was bad dude, calm down

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I wouldn't mind them changing up the right stick dodge (or at least adding another option). A Bayonetta style shoulder modifier + left stick would be okay. They sort of did it with the PSP games using L1+R1+left stick, but it just felt terrible.

Mario007

I wouldn't mind them changing up the right stick dodge (or at least adding another option). A Bayonetta style shoulder modifier + left stick would be okay. They sort of did it with the PSP games using L1+R1+left stick, but it just felt terrible.
No right stick dodge is the best thing about the GoW controls, especially after Ascension where you really gotta work the crowd control.

Tell me how it changed please

I also played it on mormal breh, never play games on easy

why does it matter? You decided not to play them, you won't play them anyway. Why should people waste their time with lists of changes for each sequel? You still gonna ignore them and not care

Jarate

Banned
why does it matter? You decided not to play them, you won't play them anyway. Why should people waste their time with lists of changes for each sequel? You still gonna ignore them and not care
I do own the HD collection, maybe if there are some good changes, i might play

Also, if your gojmg to disagree with my post, then id like some actial content other then just pure buttmad

Mario007

Especially since the original GoW couldn't exactly be played by 'mashing one button' either.

Jarate

Banned
I wasn't volunteering to google things for you dude, just wanted to point and laugh a bit at your troll attempt.
So im just going to assume it hasnt changed at all

Quit being so mad dude, im asking a simple question, if you dont have an answer then dont say anything

Artorias

Banned
I do own the HD collection, maybe if there are some good changes, i might play

Also, if your gojmg to disagree with my post, then id like some actial content other then just pure buttmad

You've said literally nothing of value, but you want thoughtful responses?

Awesome.

Melchiah

if you hate the series, why be so vocal? especially if you feel it is a crap series since the first game?

I loved COD4...did not like the rest in the series. Instead of bitching, I moved on to other games of the same genre. I don't go into COD threads slamming the game calling it a "crap" series, because OBVIOUSLY there are Millions who STILL like the series.

I think many should take the same approach. If you don't like the franchise, and perhaps don't even have the system it's available for, what reason there would be to post on the thread, other than to troll around?

Artorias

Banned
So im just going to assume it hasnt changed at all

Quit being so mad dude, im asking a simple question, if you dont have an answer then dont say anything

The bolded is pretty funny considering you haven't played a game in the series since 2005.

Seriously though, you're kind of pathetic.

Jarate

Banned
I think many should take the same approach. If you don't like the franchise, and perhaps don't even have the system it's available for, what reason there would be to post on the thread, other than to troll around?
How dare we criticize media, we should never say anything negative towards any game because all games are perfect

Jarate

Banned
You're welcome to keep playing stupid if that's fun for you, but you know why nobody has had a serious reply to you.
I honestly have no clue. I asked a very simple question, this isnt hard im assuming to answer. I just want to know how the gameplay has evolved.

Am I wrong for asking how a game has changed.

You guys are right, i havent playe the game in a while, id like to know what has changed

Afrikan

I honestly have no clue. I asked a very simple question, this isnt hard im assuming to answer. I just want to know how the gameplay has evolved.

Am I wrong for asking how a game has changed.

You guys are right, i havent playe the game in a while, id like to know what has changed

you paid and have possession of the games...go and find out. or go watch Youtube videos of interviews leading up to the game's releases.

you can play a victim that just wants an answer to a simple question all you want...but your initial (and genuine?) approach to this thread shows different.

Jarate

Banned
you paid and have possession of the games...go and find out. or go watch Youtube videos of interviews leading up to the game's releases.

you can play a victim that just wants an answer to a simple question all you want...but your approach to this thread shows differently.
Im currently on my phone dude, i cant really do that

Why are you guys acting like this? Has the game not changed at all and ur just really self conscious or something

I've always disliked right-stick rolling. Moving your right thumb to the right analogue stick and pushing it in a direction feels so clumsy in comparison to all other action games, where you just press a button and use the stick that your thumb is already on. Your left thumb is for moving the character, your right thumb is for making him do stuff. It doesn't help that God of War has the world's slowest, longest, most ponderous roll animation that still doesn't seem to have any i-frames in it.

Afrikan

Im currently on my phone dude, i cant really do that

Why are you guys acting like this? Has the game not changed at all and ur just really self conscious or something

this thread will still be here tomorrow or the next day....if you are serious with these questions, play the series (that you paid for) and then write back your opinion.

Jarate

Banned
this thread will still be here tomorrow or the next day....if you are serious with these questions, play the series (that you paid for) and then write back your opinion.
This is literally the most immature thing ive ever seen in my entire life.

Fixed camera is a big part of keeping the high framerate, isn't it?

A moveable camera isn't really necessary if the default angles are usable, unlike say, the vanilla version of Ninja Gaiden.

Melchiah

How dare we criticize media, we should never say anything negative towards any game because all games are perfect

It seems to be more about bashing than criticism, as the latter would demand some constructive feedback as well.

Jarate

Banned
It seems to be more about bashing than criticism, as the latter would demand some constructive feedback as well.
Criticism doesnt need to have a huge reason behind it. Do we really need to go in depth in saying why the combat in the original Dealy Premonition was bad?

Jarate

Banned
You have to use grab in combat to kill some of the bigger monsters and bosses. Have to jump to get at some of the flying enemies too.
A button you have to use occasionally on a few enemies really doesnt help your point

The God of War games do some really impressive things with their graphics, and cinematics, but the gameplay really is lacking. If reminds me of playing The Uncharted games or Call of Duty

Different strokes for different folks though

Melchiah

Criticism doesnt need to have a huge reason behind it. Do we really need to go in depth in saying why the combat in the original Dealy Premonition was bad?

So you just like to enter the thread, and spew the hate? I personally don't understand why enter such threads at all, if the games in question are not to your interest. You don't see me on Mario, Halo or COD threads.

Comparing GOW's combat to Deadly Premonition's is pretty far-fetched.

Basil

Banned
A button you have to use occasionally on a few enemies really doesnt help your point

Two buttons.

And that's in addition to the one you implied was the only one needed to play the game. So that'd be three, no?

You also have to use heavy attacks to destroy some enemies shields as well. There's 4.

Jarate

Banned
So you just like to enter the thread, and spew the hate? I personally don't understand why enter such threads at all, if the games in question are not to your interest. You don't see me on Mario, Halo or COD threads.

Comparing GOW's combat to Deadly Premonition's is pretty far-fetched.
I never compared it bro

And im not "spewing hate" im saying that the game has bad combat. People are way to loyal to games and refuse to look at faults when in actually almost all games have large problems that should be talked about. Ignoring criticism and just labeling it as hate is petty and ridiculous and doesnt improve the industry at all

If you want to stay in a circle jerk, go to a forum dedicated to a God of War then. This is a forum where all types of gamers come and discuss games. Im sorry that I stated my opinion on a video game

Afrikan

The God of War games do some really impressive things with their graphics, and cinematics, but the gameplay really is lacking. If reminds me of playing The Uncharted games or Call of Duty

Different strokes for different folks though

and you know this how?

Jarate

Banned
Two buttons.

And that's in addition to the one you implied was the only one needed to play the game. So that'd be three, no?

You also have to use heavy attacks to destroy some enemies shields as well. There's 4.

You can easily destroy most of the game with a single button. The game also doesnt reward for exploring the combat system with things like stun locks, otg's, and other advanced combat options

Its a very mashy game

Top Bottom