• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Going forward God of War needs to start using free roam camera

Artorias

Banned
This is literally the most immature thing ive ever seen in my entire life.

I sincerely hope not. Somebody asking you to form your own opinion rather than making assumptions doesn't seem immature at all.

I would almost believe that was autocorrect, that's how little sens it makes as a response.

Jarate

Banned
I sincerely hope not. Somebody asking you to form your own opinion rather than making assumptions doesn't seem immature at all.

I would almost believe that was autocorrect, that's how little sens it makes as a response.

IM NOT GOING TO RESPOND TO YOUR COUNTER ARGUMENT BECUASE YOU SAID MEAN THINGS ABOUT A GAME

Thats essentially what your argument is

Anyway, im done with this thread, enjoy your circle jerk again guys, im out

Basil

Banned
You can easily destroy most of the game with a single button. The game also doesnt reward for exploring the combat system with things like stun locks, otg's, and other advanced combat options

It does. You get more orbs for killing enemies with certain attacks. None of which are trigger with the light attack button.

Only way you could see significant progress with the basic light combo would be on the easiest difficulty, and even then that'd be useless against any enemy bigger than the standard humanoid sized fodder.

Artorias

Banned
I never compared it bro

And im not "spewing hate" im saying that the game has bad combat. People are way to loyal to games and refuse to look at faults when in actually almost all games have large problems that should be talked about. Ignoring criticism and just labeling it as hate is petty and ridiculous and doesnt improve the industry at all

If you want to stay in a circle jerk, go to a forum dedicated to a God of War then. This is a forum where all types of gamers come and discuss games. Im sorry that I stated my opinion on a video game

I think the confusion comes from you entering a thread about the series fixed camera to whine about the combat in the first game in the series. A series that is at number 6 now.

Since this is a forum and all, surely you could start a thread about GOW having 1 button combat rather than trolling and going wildly off topic in this one?

Artorias

Banned
IM NOT GOING TO RESPOND TO YOUR COUNTER ARGUMENT BECUASE YOU SAID MEAN THINGS ABOUT A GAME

Thats essentially what your argument is

Anyway, im done with this thread, enjoy your circle jerk again guys, im out

You didn't have a counter argument. You got called out for trolling and doubled down.

Anyway, enjoy being angry.

God of War deserves a really long break....

Sony Santa Monica should start working on two new IP's. Apparently one is well underway and the GoW team should look into developing a new hack and slash IP, I am hoping for something futuristic like Too Human

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
The best camera is one you don't notice and don't need to control.

God if war is more advanced in this regard compared to other games

rockx4

I've only partially played the first GoW. The fixed camera annoyed me like crazy when it would shift camera angles. I vaguely remember a platforming area where it would shift camera angles multiple times. I quit the game about 3 hours in. I don't think the series needs a free roaming camera, my problem was mostly bad camera angle placements and annoying camera shifts.

Melchiah

I never compared it bro

And im not "spewing hate" im saying that the game has bad combat. People are way to loyal to games and refuse to look at faults when in actually almost all games have large problems that should be talked about. Ignoring criticism and just labeling it as hate is petty and ridiculous and doesnt improve the industry at all

If you want to stay in a circle jerk, go to a forum dedicated to a God of War then. This is a forum where all types of gamers come and discuss games. Im sorry that I stated my opinion on a video game

I'm not saying its without faults. I personally didn't like Ascension as much as the 3rd, and I skipped the 2nd, and never finished the 1st. So, from my point of view, you've only tried the worst of them.

The thing is though, GOW is the only game of its genre that I've enjoyed to play. DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, Castlevania: LoS, and Dante's Inferno just don't do it for me. I dunno why exactly, perhaps I prefer GOW because of the fluidity of the combat, and how easy its basics are to learn. And I do hate the free-roaming camera in some of the aforementioned games, as it often obstructs the view during the combat, which very rarily happens in GOW.

haikira

Nah, they just need to have one that isn't shitty like in Ascension. There's no reason the camera should pull so far out you can't see Kratos.

Agree with this. I've only played the demo for Ascension, though when you're in the building that's getting turned around, I could barely see Kratos. I sit fairly close to a 50 inch too.

Though. I don't remember ever having problems with the fixed camera, during the original trilogy.

Mario007

God of War deserves a really long break....

Sony Santa Monica should start working on two new IP's. Apparently one is well underway and the GoW team should look into developing a new hack and slash IP, I am hoping for something futuristic like Too Human
I'm all for a new IP if they keep the spirit of GoW in it, i.e. the sense of scale and a kickass protagonist (doesn't have to be always angry though).

sn00zer

needs better combat and a better main character, imo.

Kratos is just super annoying to me now.

I think it just needs a new setting, a spiritual sequel loosely tied....Im wiling to bet that there will be a new mythology and essentially it will be a power grab for Greece from the gods of Egypt/Norse/whatever, now that there is a gaping hole of gods thats needs filling

Melchiah

I think it just needs a new setting, a spiritual sequel loosely tied....Im wiling to bet that there will be a new mythology and essentially it will be a power grab for Greece from the gods of Egypt/Norse/whatever, now that there is a gaping hole of gods thats needs filling

I would have nothing against that. Sumerian/Mesopotamian mythology might be a good choice as well. Although essentially they're all the same with different names for the entities.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I disagree. They just need to have the same thought and care put into the camera that they did in GoWIII. GoWIII is the one game that had brilliant cinematography in the big scenes and that was all due to the fact that the camera was controlled. It was constantly turning, flipping, and providing you with a proper angle for gameplay and to add to the excitement of the action. It was monstrously impressive and that was lost in Ascension.

Top Bottom