• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golden Joystick Awards: Dark Souls III GOTY, TitanFall 2 wins Critics Choice

Ridesh

Banned
Best Original Game – Overwatch
Best Storytelling – The Witcher 3:Blood And Wine
Best Visual Design – The Witcher 3:Blood And Wine
Best Audio – Fallout 4
Best Indie Game – Firewatch
Gaming Personality of the Year – Sean Plott (Day (9))
Best Multiplayer Game – Overwatch
Competitive Play of the Year – Coldzera’s jumping AWP quad kill at MLG Columbus
Best Gaming Moment – Play of the game in Overwatch
YouTube Upcoming Personality of the Year – Jesse Cox
Studio of the Year – CD Projekt Red
Innovation of the Year – Pokémon GO
Lifetime Achievement Award – Eiji Aonuma
Best Gaming Platform – Steam
Best Gaming Performance – Doug Cockle
Competitive Game of the Year – Overwatch
Nintendo Game of the Year – The Legend Of Zelda:Twilight Princess HD
Playstation Game of the Year – Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
Xbox Game of the Year – Rise Of The Tomb Raider
PC Game of the Year – Overwatch
Handheld/Mobile Game of the Year – Pokémon GO
Breakthrough Award – Eric Barone, Stardew Valley
Hall of Fame – Lara Croft

Critics Choice Award – Titanfall 2

Ultimate Game of the Year – Dark Souls III

Most Wanted Game – Mass Effect: Andromeda

http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/18/dark-...golden-joystick-awards-6267541/#ixzz4QOhvswV0

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Nintendo Game of the Year – The Legend Of Zelda:Twilight Princess HD

Nintendo Switch can't come soon enough.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Well deserved for Dark Souls 3.

There is no way, I repeat NO WAY Uncharted 4 is a better game than Dark Souls 3.

oti

Banned
Oh come on. Is it really that hard for a racing game to win an award? Forza Horizon 3 should have won Xbox Game of the Year.

Flux

I like that CDPR won studio of the year without releasing a full game. I like to think it is due to their great consumer friendly attitude and wealth of content in their expansion packs.

Only thing I would have swapped from that list is The Witness for Indie game. Otherwise can't really see an obvious omission. Maybe Switch as most anticipated if that was a choice? A new console carries more weight than a single game to me (even if it's a really good one.

Syf

Banned
Can't understand Fallout 4 winning best audio. There were much better games in that department this year. And I wish Doom would've won something. But not a bad list.

Mifec

I like that CDPR won studio of the year without releasing a full game. I like to think it is due to their great consumer friendly attitude and wealth of content in their expansion packs.

Only thing I would have swapped from that list is The Witness for Indie game. Otherwise can't really see an obvious omission. Maybe Switch as most anticipated if that was a choice? A new console carries more weight than a single game to me (even if it's a really good one.

Well yeah their expansion is better than any full game released this year so far.

AAK

Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft having exclusives?

Tomb Raider was released on PC and PS4 as well.

And there is no overlap between the top rated games released on PS4/X1 and WiiU, so it's unavoidable for the best of WiiU to be exclusive on that platform.

Wagram

Congrats Dark Souls 3. It's been a solid year for good games.

BTW. Congrats to Doug "Geralt" Cockle. Such an undervalued voice actor.

I just wrote a troll response to (what I think) was a troll post. There are plenty of real reasons for No Man's Sky not to be mentioned.
I'm not trolling.

Pokémon GO is still printing money, just at a more reasonable rate
Not surprising
Though yeah FO4 for audio? OK suuurrree
Pokémon GO isn't successful because it's innovative, it's successful because it's Pokémon. Overall it's an incredibly poorly made game that hasn't seen any new content since launch, and has actually lost its only appealing feature.

Clash Royale, Reigns, Sorcery 4, Crashlands, etc... Are far better mobile games.

Mcdohl

Dark Souls 3 wins game of the year yet can't win best PC, PS4, X1 GOTY.... *face palm*

Yeah...classic case of everyone wins something, everyone is happy, everyone gets free ad.

At least I'm happy Dark Souls took home the ultimate award.

orborborb

As a fan of both Titanfall and Dark Souls 1&2, Titanfall 2 and Dark Souls 3 were disappointing simplified sequels that lost most of the magic.

The most remarkable games with AAA production values I played this year were Doom (ESPECIALLY the multiplayer), The Witness, Inside, Obduction, Star Fox Zero, and Metroid Prime Federation Force. And yes, Uncharted 4 was good, but mostly for some of the combat arena designs, not the lame puzzles or predictable story.

Top Bottom