• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

Shahadan

Looking back at the Indie direct Nintendo did, when it came to Golf Story they said it was coming "Exclusively to Switch", is worth noting that they specifically mentioned other games as "Coming to Switch first". So there's a possibility that this will be exclusive forever.

It just means other ports aren't planned at the moment lol
No reason to not port it somewhere else later

Oregano

*Pops into thread about potentially cool Switch game...*

*Sees thread is now about whether or not it will be on PC/PS4*

Sooo ummm is this game good or what?

jacobeid

Banned
It just means other ports aren't planned at the moment lol
No reason to not port it somewhere else later

Likely a small team who are focusing on one platform at a time. Even if they wanted to release on multiple platforms, they would likely be hindered by resources. Just a guess.

Fireblend

Banned

All we've seen is the first hour or so? But it looks good and the people playing it have only good things to say.

Shahadan

Likely a small team who are focusing on one platform at a time. Even if they wanted to release on multiple platforms, they would likely be hindered by resources. Just a guess.

That's my point. Drawing any conclusion about what was said in a direct, especially with a flawed reasoning, is useless.
Also devs have already pointed out that they are a small team who chose switch because portability felt right and that they will maybe look into other platforms later, so there isn't really much to say for now.

It looks like it's going to deliver that handheld Mario Golf experience we've all been craving since the GBA/GBC releases. That was expected, but these videos are showing just how charming the RPG side of things gets, and the golf mode seems pretty full-fledged. For 15 bucks, it seems like a no-brainer.

I'm sure this game gets ported if it catches on the way it should. I'm going to do my part and purchase day one and hope more people get a chance to experience it. That said, it's tailor made (TaylorMade?!) for a portable play.

phanphare

Banned
I'm so ready for this game

going in blind, don't care about reviews or anything

the art looks gorgeous, the sound design sounds great, the dialogue seems great, quirky, and funny, the different environments looks great.

if this game ends up being bad or something whatever, they won me from the first showing

tomcis

Neo Member
Anyone know how to redeem Nintendo card online? or do I need to do it when I get home on my system? Been searching nintendo site and its taking me all over the place.

ksimm

This reminds me so much of my favourite Mario Tennis RPG from Camelot, but with golf! Looks like an instant purchase for me.

RedToad64

Anyone know how to redeem Nintendo card online? or do I need to do it when I get home on my system? Been searching nintendo site and its taking me all over the place.
I don't think it is possible. They used to have a redeem page, but it really wasn't supposed to be used by the average user.

Hasney

This reminds me so much of my favourite Mario Tennis RPG from Camelot, but with golf! Looks like an instant purchase for me.

They also did Mario Golf RPGs for GBC and GBA, which is where the inspiration for this comes from. I'm hoping if they want to do a followup in the future, it's tennis.

... Or Slamball, but I dont know how feasible that is.

This game looks really good. I wish they used pixel font tho instead of whatever they’re using now tho.

J@hranimo

Banned
I think they should do an AMA a little while after the game is out. Like how did they start on this game? their inspirations? How they got a devkit? Etc.

I only now realized the game will be only in English, went from instabuy to maybe later, I remember being super confused by stats and all that on Mario Golf GB (that was also English only), thankfully Mario Golf GBA was translated.
Sorry but if I play it, it's to relax and not trying to understand and mentally translate all those Golf terminology.
I'm not sure what language you speak natively but there's also a Japanese release published by CIRCLE that was shown at TGS.

I think they should do an AMA a little while after the game is out. Like how did they start on this game? their inspirations? How they got a devkit? Etc.
Yes, please. As an indie developer I'd like to learn from their experience.

luulubuu

Lol! I honestly hope they would answer that with a sense of humor.

A story featuring our main protagonist....Mr. Golf! As he plays golf and wins at golf and learns about golf and golf accessories.

That would be like Golf Merchandise Story, who is Golf

Top Bottom