• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

Release Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-6HotrJfBI

Ooohhh boy does this look good!!
you-will-either-love-or-hate-the-new-what-in-tarnation-meme-2.jpg

low-G

Since I loved GB Mario Golf, I've been watching this game since its announcement. Certainly the #1 most interesting Switch-exclusive indie offering I've seen. Looks like it has really come together based on that trailer.

lt519

Holy shit, how have I not seen a trailer for this, I'm in someday when I can get through this Switch backlog.

XaosWolf

Have been waiting for this since the first glimpse of it.

Was hoping it may get a midnight release but hilariously its the £6+ version of Mario Bros thats up instead.

Kremzeek

So are there any legit impressions about the actual golf mechanics?

Myself and at least one other poster noticed how....flat the golf gameplay is. It looks like a step down, even from Mario Golf on GBC.

Every stroke is basically the same, whether you're driving, chipping, or putting, the mechanic or strategy never changes. There's no green to read from what I could tell. No elevation to read, etc.

Anyone with more hands-on impressions?

i was wondering this too. Like how do you control the ball REALLY?

Matticers

It looks great from what we've seen but I wish they told us more about the game. I know the focus is on the story and the area and the RPG mechanics but I'd like to know if you can play full 9 or 18 hole golf matches. I mean, it's a golf game and I'd assume it's in the game in some form but they haven't shown it at all that I've seen. So maybe it's just all going around the town and doing these little things we've seen in the trailers.

I don't know, it's just kind of an important detail to me.

tsundoku

i was wondering this too. Like how do you control the ball REALLY?

Its looking a lot more like the different swing types will go over / under obstacles and offer different ranges to choose from. And the ball's trajectory will be affected by things like roughness weather and wind. I don't think the game's artstyle is really set up to do subtle curvature of the terrain. Maybe you'll also be able to throw some english on it?

There are a flood of simulation based golf games out there, go grab that new Everybody's Golf. I much prefer a simplified system

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Wasn't sold until I saw the trailer, now I'm thinking about staying up for this to hits the store tonight. That's a damn fine trailer.

I love Mario Golf on the GBC, so I was hoping to find a reason to be excited for this aside from just having more golf to play.

Oh god I am so into this. I was into it before but that trailer put me over the moon.

Golf
Mini Golf
Disc Golf
Drone Golf
RC Car racing
Lawnmower racing
Solving puzzles via golf

fuck yes man this game is gonna be so fun

tsundoku

Wasn't sold until I saw the trailer, now I'm thinking about staying up for this to hits the store tonight. That's a damn fine trailer.

I love Mario Golf on the GBC, so I was hoping to find a reason to be excited for this aside from just having more golf to play.

Only Nintendo games come out at midnight

It looks great from what we've seen but I wish they told us more about the game. I know the focus is on the story and the area and the RPG mechanics but I'd like to know if you can play full 9 or 18 hole golf matches. I mean, it's a golf game and I'd assume it's in the game in some form but they haven't shown it at all that I've seen. So maybe it's just all going around the town and doing these little things we've seen in the trailers.

I don't know, it's just kind of an important detail to me.

Sir, what you need is Neo Turf Masters. The greatest, most realistic golf game ever made.

I'm not getting the impression that this is a game for someone looking for a traditional golf experience.

There are golf tournaments throughout the story though.

Hazu

Can't believe I'm that much excited for a golf game!

Like looks like the comfiest thing ever. Can't wait to play it. :)

I recorded a Discussion earlier with the folks at GameXplain so hopefully that's up before release. Over half an hour of impressions :) we all loved the HD Rumble.

Renna Hazel

I recorded a Discussion earlier with the folks at GameXplain so hopefully that's up before release. Over half an hour of impressions :) we all loved the HD Rumble.

What control method are you using to play? I barely notice HD rumble in most games but if I do, I have to be using the joycons. I don't think most games use HD rumble in a pro controller well.

OMG that’s even worse than 4 am...:( whyyyy nintendo?? Gimme now!

eShop games almost always launch at 12 PM ET / 9 AM PT on Thursdays. There are a handful of exceptions (Sonic Mania launched at 3 AM ET / 12 AM PT on a Thursday and first party games launch at 12 AM ET / 9 PM PT on Fridays), but that's the general rule.

Top Bottom