• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

DirtyLarry

This may seem like a super dumb question, as I have been following this game some for sure, but is this game mostly a Golf game? Or more of an adventure game with some Golf? Or do we just not know yet? Cause I still myself am not sure based on what I have seen.

DirtyLarry

It's an RPG where most of the actions involve hitting a golf ball with a club.
Yeah, that is what is throwing me off. Like I am not sure if one can just play Golf if they want like a Mario Golf, Everybody's Golf, etc.
Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Used that 10% PayPal deal to get a $50 card... will be using part of that for this.
Nice. Thanks for sharing this. Just added some funds to my Wallet.

So are there any legit impressions about the actual golf mechanics?

Myself and at least one other poster noticed how....flat the golf gameplay is. It looks like a step down, even from Mario Golf on GBC.

Every stroke is basically the same, whether you're driving, chipping, or putting, the mechanic or strategy never changes. There's no green to read from what I could tell. No elevation to read, etc.

Anyone with more hands-on impressions?

I want to buy this game, I really do, but the price just seems out of my range. I had some rough times a while back because I had a wrong approach on saving money, and I'm not out of the woods yet, sadly. Par for the course, I guess. When my bank account gets back in the green and I iron out these kinks, maybe I'll leave this bunker I'm staying in and buy this game. I even asked dad for some money to buy it, but he wouldn't budge, and I'm afraid I'm driving a wedge between us. We're both hard-headed like that, and everyone says I'm a chip off the old block.

Even my friend, Ross, is saying I should save money for a while, and it's making me so mad my spine twisted upon itself and my back spins. AlbeitRoss usually knows what he's talking about. But really, not having this game is putting me in a bad mood, and soon I'll have one too many strokes, get paranoid, and start thinking there's a bogey in my tail. I'm already sputtering like a dying putt-putt.

Life just isn't fairway, man. no matter how you slice it, and without this game I feel like I'm about to fade. Now if you'll excuse me, my tee is ready - and that should make me chipper. I need to calm down before I do anything illeagle and they throw me in the caddie wagon.

I want to buy this game, I really do, but the price just seems out of my range. I had some rough times a while back because I had a wrong approach on saving money, and I'm not out of the woods yet, sadly. Par for the course, I guess. When my bank account gets back in the green and I iron out these kinks, maybe I'll leave this bunker I'm staying in and buy this game. I even asked dad for some money to buy it, but he wouldn't budge, and I'm afraid I'm driving a wedge between us. We're both hard-headed like that, and everyone says I'm a chip off the old block.

Even my friend, Ross, is saying I should save money for a while, and it's making me so mad my spine twisted upon itself and my back spins. AlbeitRoss usually knows what he's talking about. But really, not having this game is putting me in a bad mood, and soon I'll have one too many strokes, get paranoid, and start thinking there's a bogey in my tail. I'm already sputtering like a dying putt-putt.

Life just isn't fairway, man. no matter how you slice it, and without this game I feel like I'm about to fade. Now if you'll excuse me, my tee is ready - and that should make me chipper. I need to calm down before I do anything illeagle and they throw me in the caddie wagon.

7/10

lordy88

giphy.gif

GDGF

Soothsayer

Golf clap ♡♡♡

J@hranimo

Banned

Now this is a hole-in-one post!

Someone gift this amazing poster this game.

Stop releasing must-buy Switch games. Give me a friggin' break already. I'm going to start a petition now. Who else is signing?

image.php

Maybe we can all chip-in and buy you this instead -

http://store.steampowered.com/app/616520/Cheap_Golf/

tumblr_inline_myfhcnKolf1r0tofk.jpg

Rezbit

So this is definitely an Aussie made game? I will buy it as soon as I can regardless then, seeing as I want to support the Aussie games industry as much as possible.

Helps that it sounds amazing too.

Top Bottom