• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good Times On Neogaf Gaming: The BEST Threads

Ōkami

One of my favorites was one thread where the op just titled it What and then posted an image with 5000 pixels in height, I couldn't stoppped launghing as I scrolled through the huge image.

PK Gaming

Pretty much all of the Persona community threads

I met a lot of great people in them (many of which i'm still friends with to this day), and we went through some shit. The 2013 Persona countdown being the highlight.

The many, many... many Smash Bros 4 threads were fantastic too.

maxiell

One of my favorites was when Huelen knew a couple who was getting divorced and they couldn't figure out what to do with the Wii U.

Ultimadrago

lcbgylsrkund.png

That time a hero on Miiverse posted images of Hitomi Tanaka via exploit and we all laughed while cheering him on. It's an overlooked thread, but that was one hell of a night. *Salutes ryan*

Also, Winnie the Pooh Baseball thread.

AtlAntA

"The ps4 will melt" thread. I don't remember the thread title but someone posted in a e3 thread i believe about some early leaked footage that the ps4 will melt if that was actual ingame footage. Once the footage showed up and the bottom of the screen said "actual game footage" the thread went ballistic on the poor dude.

If someone can find the thread im talking about, i would be grateful.

im sure them saying it was fake 6 years later aint them just trying to cover from looking like a fool

no sir
I was there when it was written. Parts of the wording were crowdsourced among us and some others. The guy behind the post is developing a very cool indie kickstarted game now.

Rellik

"The ps4 will melt" thread. I don't remember the thread title but someone posted in a e3 thread i believe about some early leaked footage that the ps4 will melt if that was actual ingame footage. Once the footage showed up and the bottom of the screen said "actual game footage" the thread went ballistic on the poor dude.

If someone can find the thread im talking about, i would be grateful.

There was one about a game with that. May have been Watch Dogs 2. People thought the footage was for the PC version and some PC fan boy came riding into the thread claiming it was obvious because the PS4 would melt trying to run that footage... turns out it actually was running on a PS4.

even good people can make embarrassing posts
Right, but I and some other people helped him construct it. The idea and vast majority of it was him, but it was a complete troll post. Dude has no interest in most Japanese games and I can't remember what the last Final Fantasy he played was. I think that generation he only owned a 360.

I understand why you guys don't want to let go of the joke, but understand that clinging to it is a level of getting trolled that no one intended.

sjay1994

The 2013 Playstation event.

Holy shit the Kazification gifs were glorious. It's the thread that made me an active member.

The entire lead-up to this generation was the golden age of Gaf.

PS4 controller leak gifs, CBOAT and insiders running wild, Kazification. Glorious chaos.

AtlAntA

There was one about a game with that. May have been Watch Dogs 2. People thought the footage was for the PC version and some PC fan boy came riding into the thread claiming it was obvious because the PS4 would melt trying to run that footage... turns out it actually was running on a PS4.

Yeah that might be it. My memory is rather hazy because of reasons lol. I indeed remember the dude being pretty "pcmr ftw" in that thread. So it was kinda satisfactory once we knew the footage was from a ps4.

Great times.

I've been around this forum forever. For some reason, I was taking a stroll down memory lane tonight and came across one of my favorite threads ever, The Day The Name Wii Was Revealed. I was living in Spain at the time, struggling with an illness, and yet this thread had me in tears even though I thought the name was actually smart. I wasn't actually a member at that time.

What are your favorite threads?

They really loved to throw the word "n-tard" around back then huh.

Dre3001

A personal favorite of mine was the one that involved Dudebro 2 Gaf meme.

I think some GAF members even talked about turning it into a full blown game but dont think it got too far.

Top Bottom