• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Chrome's GIF issue has apparently been fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to some posters in this thread I made last month, Google Chrome's issues with GIF playback have been fixed via a patch released recently.

I can also confirm that the issue has apparently been addressed. I re-downloaded Chrome just now and GIFs are loading/playing without issue the moment I enter threads. No stutter, no slowing down of the entire browser, no CPU hogging. Try it out for yourself with these random GIFs:

CArKlyZ.gif

giphy.gif

nicolas-cage-fells-good-con-air-head-space-1409843288n.gif

Thank you, FireFox, but you are no longer needed.

*Some people may need to manually search for the update via 'About Google Chrome' which is accessible by clicking the menu bar (three lines at the top right of your screen)*

If this was also what affected New Opera, it's a week too late. Made the full migration to Firefox with Mouse Gesture and Speed Dial add-ons last week.

lednerg

Go to Settings and hit About to update Chrome.

It updated me to 41.0.2272.101 m. Before I did, the three GIFs in this thread were sluggish; now they're fine.

Jacob

I haven't had problems with GIFs on Chrome with either desktop or mobile in months. I feel for those who do though, it was really shitty for a while.

survivor

Banned
Am I the only one who doesn't see the side scrollbar while the gifs are loading? It scrolls smoothly though so that's better.

Do you have to actually uninstall and redownload? Because I'm still having loading issues here.

I'm not sure. I re-downloaded it because I deleted it when I switched to FF.

Did you update via 'About Google Chrome'? If not, try that. And if that still doesn't work, then I'd reccomend re-downloading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom