• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Chrome's GIF issue has apparently been fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated
Opened the GIF thread before the update and CPU usage was around 30% with frequent stuttering/freezing, now it's less than 10% and silky smooth

104 posts and only 13 gifs, not very helpful guys.

HROwvBg.gif

LWGagsf.gif
avb0sJm.gif

kWiQCbY.gif
hPB2yT7.gif

lTJsmaR.gif
Km7QNaU.gif

Hexa

they seem to load hella slow, tbh, but they dont freeze the whole fucking browser anymore

Still a massive improvement. Before when I used to open a bunch of threads at once from the index I'd know instantly when I'd opened a gif full one. Now no more annoyance. :D

Mistle

gifs never slowed down my browser/comp, but they did load slowly.

just updated, and they load pretty much instantly. this is great.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Look at me scrolling that first page at 100 post view. I haven't seen a gif in months in-thread unless it gets quoted so much I assume it's worth waiting for, I always stop the page loading so I can just scroll properly.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Don't get too excited. I posted in the other thread that the gif problem was fixed for me, and it was for several days, but the problem came back a day or two ago.

Xyber

About fucking time. Actually switched to Firefox last week because I couldn't take it anymore, time to come back.

I'm curious what broke to make it an issue for like for so long.

Trudging through that PSX thread gave me cancer.

Wait, PSX was like four months ago? I'VE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS SHIT FOR FOUR MONTHS!?!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Very nice!

I guess I'll go back to Chrome on Windows at least.

Cipherr

ive never ever had problems with gifs on chrome
is it because im on a mac?

You probably leave your instances open for weeks? I didnt have the problem either until a few weeks ago. I don't turn the PC off though and will use the same browsing instance for months even. After a restart one day I suppose it updated or something and it was terrible, now its fixed again, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom