• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOP Primary Debate [Iowa 2016] It's over! Get me out of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, Obama is very likeable and is an amazing campaigner. Hillary has scandals, isn't liked that much. and isn't the best campaigner.

Basically Hillary won't fire up the base like Obama did.

If she actually had anyone decent challenging her in the primary, she would probably lose again.

Hillary still has an 80% approval rating among liberal Democrat's. The actual Democratic coalition (minorities, working class women, etc.) still love Hillary. It's largely white dudes who whine on the Internet about every Democratic candidate are of course, upset with her. But, it's the same people who think Obama is a corporate sellout as he continues to have 85% approval among liberal Democrats.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Will watch purely for Trump.

How do you out-debate someone that doesn't feel shame and has no boundaries? Does Trump even have a real political platform to attack?

I know everyone finds all the quotes in the OP to be hilarious and will be tuning in ready to laugh at the ridiculousness that will be on display but, damn man, I just can't find any of this funny in the slightest. Scares me and makes me sad.

I know everyone finds all the quotes in the OP to be hilarious and will be tuning in ready to laugh at the ridiculousness that will be on display but, damn man, I just can't find any of this funny in the slightest. Scares me and makes me sad.
Focus on the fact that none of them will become president.

But it is still really sad that we lack sane choices.

How do you out-debate someone that doesn't feel shame and has no boundaries? Does Trump even have a real political platform to attack?
Only way to attack him will be through massive Gish Gallops, where Huckabee and Cruz excel.

dabig2

It's hard not to be completely sardonic about it all. But, optimism helps soothe some of it. Like the optimism that the country will hopefully move more progressive and demographics will change to spur that on and that these guys time in the sun is waning.

I mean, I pray to whatever god exist that our children one day don't look at us like we look at baby boomers. They don't ask "how in the living hell did you let these nutjobs gain even more power during your prime and golden years?". Makes me not want to have kids in whatever fucked up society we gift them due to our decisions today.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Someone please make a bingo card for this.

I saw this one posted elsewhere:

cclRLCx.png

massoluk

Banned
Serious question: what is wrong with Scott Walker? Is he as stupid as he acts?

Scoffing at the idea of having a minimum wage for workers as a way to help workers. Lmao, ok. It's logical and demonstrably true, so what the hell is he talking about?

He also has the honor of the being the candidate with a NEGATIVE net worth of $72.5k.

http://www.businessinsider.com/scot...s-of-dollars-worth-of-credit-card-debt-2015-8
http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...QCaDKfD5pPWI/igraphic.html?p1=Article_Graphic

Oppo

you can't. see: Rob Ford

it's like the Chewbacca Defense combined with a healthy dose of Fuck Everybody

Arkeband

Banned
I fully expect Trump to up-end the entire thing.

I'm not crazy enough to think he's a Trojan horse, but I'm also not crazy enough to think he's going to suddenly behave himself.

This is going to be a legit douche-off.

The thing is, while Fox might throw everyone softballs, Trump could easily play the role of aggressive moderator and call out the other candidates on their bullshit. That's the real reason I want to watch this. I don't care to much about Trump's answers, I'm just hoping that he stirs the shit.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Focus on the fact that none of them will become president.

But it is still really sad that we lack sane choices.

Effectively, for the near political future, the Democratic primary *is* the presidential election.

#votesanders

HylianTom

Banned

That's what I'm wondering. Trump is like one of those high-level jelly enemies from old-school RPGs: typical attacks won't touch it - you can swing your sword at it all you want and nothing will register - so you have to have some high-level magic to inflict any damage.

Paskil

That's what I'm wondering. Trump is like one of those high-level jelly enemies from old-school RPGs: typical attacks won't touch it - you can swing your sword at it all you want and nothing will register - so you have to have some high-level magic to inflict any damage.

"Huckabee uses Religion on Trump. It's super effective."

Any Europeans staying up for this? Should we even...?

I haven't been following the situation closely, but it seems pointless to waste time attacking Trump. If I were a candidate I would focus on things I want to do to make the country better.

Euron

Hillary still has an 80% approval rating among liberal Democrat's. The actual Democratic coalition (minorities, working class women, etc.) still love Hillary. It's largely white dudes who whine on the Internet about every Democratic candidate are of course, upset with her. But, it's the same people who think Obama is a corporate sellout as he continues to have 85% approval among liberal Democrats.
I really wish these people would watch a few of Bernie's speeches. It's a night and day difference between him and Hillary.

And as for the debate, Trump probably realizes that if he DOESN'T act like an a-hole to everyone and say a bunch of stupid things then he will go down in the polls.

JDSN

Banned
The thing I love the most is how Chris Chtistie has nothing to offer, his whole thing was that he is an asshole that "tells it like it is" but Trump is doing that so much better an in a way that feels genuine compared to that sleazy corrupt bully fuck.

As far as video game systems go - is the Fox News app only on Xbox 360 or is it on Xbox One as well?

I don't have cable but I have all the consoles and my parents' cable TV login credentials.

Cub3h

Banned
This should be hilarious(ly sad). I remember lurking here for the 2008 and 2012 primaries and it was such good fun.

Pilgrimzero

Is this not being broadcast on tv? Checking TV Guide they still show FOX as showing Bones and their normal programming...

Jezbollah

For UKers this is going to be shown live on Sky News (Sky channel 501, Freeview channel 132) tomorrow morning at 2am.

Pilgrimzero

It should be on their website, I'll be updating the OP when they put it up and someone sends me a link (I'll be out for most of the day).

Any chance there will be a way to stream on the PS3? Youtube app or something? Was going to watch it with my wife but so far it looking like having to watch it on my laptop alone.

Kind of funny they did it this way, like they don't want people to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom