• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let The Games Begin: Republican Debates Chosen

Status
Not open for further replies.
all of this plus hosted by Fox News

Fox moderator: "And now a question for Governor Christie. Governor, how evil do you think President Obama is?"

Christie: "I think President Obama has been the --

Trump: "If I could just say, I think Barack Obama has been the most ********** ***** ********* *** ****** ***** *************** ************** OF ALL TIME!!!"

*uproarious applause from audience*

*Trump's poll numbers surge.*

Random idiot: "I like him! He does what he wants and says what he thinks! I think those are qualities that we should have in a president! It's all about restoring America's traditional views and turning this country around and getting back on track with where it's been headed the past eight years. The economy's worse than ever, there are no good jobs and it's harder for people to get rich."

GamerJM

Banned
Do people seriously find these entertaining? I don't see how Republicans being backwards is unless you don't live in the US, for me they're just frustrating and depressing.

Flo_Evans

I actually think Trump's going to be on his (relative) best behavior. As long as he doesn't say anything truly insane or, like, eat a live weasel on stage he'll "win" just by hurdling already low expectations.

I'll be really interested in seeing how the rest of the mass debaters approach Trump.

They pretty much have to attack him, he is leading. It's going to be amazing.

adj_noun

They pretty much have to attack him, he is leading. It's going to be amazing.

I think the lower your poll numbers in this, the more "I have nothing to lose" leeway you have to swing wildly and hope to connect.

Christie may go full bull in the china shop for this one.

legacyzero

Banned
Jon is a bit of a jerk for bailing before the 2016 campaign really gets going.

Fingers crossed that he gets into the podcast game.

Dude doesn't want to get sucked back in. Can't blame him, and I almost certain he's tempted.

MDVFMTE3QUQ1N0RFOTlBMEQxMUE6ZjU3OWY1Yzg4NmQzYzM2YjU1YTYxZTIwMDI2ZTk5NDY=

Jon is a bit of a jerk for bailing before the 2016 campaign really gets going.

In a way he's doing the new guy a solid.

The elections will give Trevor Noah a whole lot of material to work with and build up an audience quick. People are going to still tune into the Daily Show to see their election coverage, and this will be a great time to introduce the new host as well. Much more than if he took over in December 2016.

Jon Stewart was smart to get out. All the years aged him pretty terribly as it is, I can't imagine what this level of fuckery would do to him.

Can't wait to hear and read a bunch of shit people shouldn't say. So much fun to watch.

Flo_Evans

I think the lower your poll numbers in this, the more "I have nothing to lose" leeway you have to swing wildly and hope to connect.

Christie may go full bull in the china shop for this one.

Jeb will probably be restrained, hoping some of the pawns can knock Trump down. The strategizing in each camp has got to be intense. To attack trump is to open yourself for a bitch slap comeback. Don't and you fade into irrelevance.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Bush probably won't attack Trump, so as to try and look "presidential", he'll just look boring.

adj_noun

Yeah I'm expecting the least amount of entertainment from Bush. The guy seems generally mellow anyway.

Yeah, Bush ain't gonna rock any boats. He knows where things are probably headed when Trump sinks.

I'd wager his camp is banking that we're in the Herman Cain/Michelle Bachman/Gingrich, etc. baton passing part of the program before gravity sets in.

mclem

I think it'd be a lot more fun if the main debate included the highest-scoring runner up from the repechage round.

Kaladin

Yeah, Bush ain't gonna rock any boats. He knows where things are probably headed when Trump sinks.

I'd wager his camp is banking that we're in the Herman Cain/Michelle Bachman/Gingrich, etc. baton passing part of the program before gravity sets in.

But what if Trump doesn't sink?

What if he's still holding strong after these debates?

rjinaz

Yeah I'm of the opinion Trump isn't going anywhere and will continue to be a leader. He has the name recognition the others didn't have on a national level. People listen just because he's a celebrity and they will also be influenced to agree for that reason as well.

Kaladin

Yeah I'm of the opinion Trump isn't going anywhere and will continue to be a leader. He has the name recognition the others didn't have on a national level. People listen just because he's a celebrity and they will also be influenced to agree for that reason as well.

There is the celebrity appeal, and I still think Trump appeals to the segment who is fed up with both parties because he's not a traditional politician and has his own money. I think Trump can say about anything he wants and will still be atop the Republican Mountain when this thing goes to the polls.

adj_noun

Then it becomes a question of where the non-Trump supporters end up as their candidates fall. I honestly have no idea how palatable Trump is to the Republican rank and file outside his core.

Doesn't matter, he's still just at 23%. When candidates start dropping out, they'll start throwing their support behind others. Jeb is much better connected and more likely to fare well in the general election and be able to do people favours, he'll start picking up those votes. The Donald's already pissed off the party, he's going to have a tougher time in that department.

ryseing

How does Huckabee have 7%? Did they poll unborn fetuses?

Far Religious Right is in love with the dude.

I think Bush/Walker will be relatively restrained since they're in this thing for the long haul. Everyone else will be out for blood to get their numbers up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom