• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let The Games Begin: Republican Debates Chosen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wdumsvd.png

Donald Trumpy! You can do stupid things!

JohnsonUT

He literally stands zero chance of winning. He's leading polls right now because most people aren't paying any attention to the election yet, and his name is in the news constantly. Most people probably couldn't name you four people running for president yet. It'd be Trump, Clinton, some Bush, and...

So, essentially the polls are showing which name people recognize right now.

I no longer subscribe to the "Trump cannot win" predictions. The latest polls show the guys unfavorability is actually going down. People are changing their opinion of him for the better. I don't think he is a favorite, but if the field stays big for a long time, he has as good of a shot of anyone other than Bush, Rubio, and Walker.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
is there anything trump can say that would actually make him lose this debate? i think it has been pretty well established by now that republican voters are not turned off by people saying dumb things (quite the opposite, in fact), so what matters is who is the loudest and most confident in saying them. difficult to beat trump in that.

Kaladin

is there anything trump can say that would actually make him lose this debate? i think it has been pretty well established by now that republican voters are not turned off by people saying dumb things (quite the opposite, in fact), so what matters is who is the loudest and most confident in saying them. difficult to beat trump in that.

At this stage, no. He'll be fine.

Wait till we get to a smaller debate stage and see what happens when he has more time and has to elaborate on some of his ideas.

Liberty4all

Banned
In Trumps case I feel the sharp political division in the US favours him. The more the left complains about him the more the right is gravitating to him.

Trump doesn't give a shit about being PC which I personally believe is why he is rising in the polls ... The reality is that he appeals to the Republican base voters.

In many ways we should be hoping he does well. Trump vs Hilary is an auto Hilary win IMHO.

massoluk

Banned
You know the kids' table look like there may be legit discussion and exposure for the candidates.

The real losers are the people stuck with Trump.

Trump has this nomination in the bag just based on exposure alone. His antics has given him prime real estate within the publics mind. Some will vote for his nomination just because they heard his name on the local news or sports radio one day. His name is everywhere, he is being talked about on my local sports radio show.

Can't say that about a single other nominee besides maybe Christie.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Why bother trying to acquire the rights to Fantastic Four for its villains when Marvel has this huge selection right here?

Trump has this nomination in the bag just based on exposure alone. His antics has given him prime real estate within the publics mind. Some will vote for his nomination just because they heard his name on the local news or sports radio one day. His name is everywhere, he is being talked about on my local sports radio show.

The machine that has a vested interest in the outcome of the republican nomination process will start doing the same with their chosen (likely Bush) once more time has passed.

Honestly the only one I would not actively worry about is Jeb.

It's silly, but actually for me, Trump is the only one I'm not concerned with messing everything up if he somehow won.

Which is so weird... he's got ridiculous immigration policies, but his social issues are either moderate or liberal. I was surprised he was for universal healthcare, for example.

Kazerei

Banned
10 people in a debate is a few too many to have any serious dialogue. They're gonna just be shouting for attention. It's gonna be great. /popcorn.gif

massoluk

Banned

Uh, no. Trump is not getting it. Right now the votes of people NOT for Trump are still scattered around 16 other candidates. They will rally to one savior when the time comes

Here is Rolling Stones drinking game

Drink THE FIRST TIME:

1. Donald Trump mentions his wealth, or how smart he is.

2. A candidate mentions Benghazi

3. A candidate says, "This president..."

4. A candidate whines about not getting called on enough.

5. Someone promises to "take America back."

6. Trump interrupts someone by saying, "Excuse me, let me answer that…"

7. Anyone mentions Hitler, Nazis or Neville Chamberlain. Includes related imagery, e.g. "ovens."

8. The crowd cheers a racist/bigoted statement by a candidate.

9. A candidate mentions his poor/hardscrabble upbringing, or a parent who "worked every day of his life."

10. A candidate talks about "stopping Hillary Clinton."

11. Anyone warns the U.S. is becoming Greece.

12. Trump refers to himself in the third person.

13. Anyone invokes St. Ronald Reagan.

Drink EVERY time a candidate:

14. Claims a positive relationship with a minority. Also known as the, "Some of my best friends are…" rule.

15. Tries to speak Spanish

16. Tries to warm up to the Ohio crowd with an awkward LeBron shout-out.

Drink EVERY TIME you hear the word(s):

17. "I'm not a scientist."

18. "You can keep your doctor."

19. "ACORN."

20. "The war on Christians."

21. "Thug."

22. "Right here in Ohio."

23. "Culture of dependency."

TAKE A SHOT OF JAGER AT ANY MENTION OF:

24. "Kenya."

25. "All Lives Matter."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politic...te-drinking-game-rules-20150805#ixzz3hyDFTr1k

xbhaskarx

Aw, the big debate needs Perry, Santorum, and Jindal for maximum entertainment, plus Graham who may be boring but at least Trump gave out his cell phone number.

zbarron

How about something healthier. Like push ups..or squats. Fuck it be great workout.
People do this.

http://vitals.lifehacker.com/turn-your-favorite-drinking-game-into-a-tv-driven-work-1693880908

I've converted drinking games to work out games before and even made one of my own. It's a surprisingly fun way to get a workout in. Instead of doing all squats for example take each list and make it for different things.

Quick and Dirty Example:
20 SQUATS:
1. "Somebody's doing the raping" "She talks like a truck driver" Donald "I think I am a nice person" Trump mentions his wealth, or how smart he is.

2. A candidate mentions Benghazi

3. A candidate says, "This president..."

4. A candidate whines about not getting called on enough.

5. Someone promises to "take America back."

6. "I promise not to talk about your massive plastic surgeries" "Somebody's doing the raping" "She talks like a truck driver" Donald "I think I am a nice person" Trump interrupts someone by saying, "Excuse me, let me answer that…"

7. Anyone mentions Hitler, Nazis or Neville Chamberlain. Includes related imagery, e.g. "ovens."

8. The crowd cheers a racist/bigoted statement by a candidate.

9. A candidate mentions his poor/hardscrabble upbringing, or a parent who "worked every day of his life."

10. A candidate talks about "stopping Hillary Clinton."

11. Anyone warns the U.S. is becoming Greece.

12. "Did you notice that baby was crying through half of the speech and I didn’t get angry?" "Somebody's doing the raping" "She talks like a truck driver" Donald "I think I am a nice person" Trump refers to himself in the third person.

13. Anyone invokes St. Ronald Reagan.

15 PUSHUPS:

14. Claims a positive relationship with a minority. Also known as the, "Some of my best friends are…" rule.

15. Tries to speak Spanish

16. Tries to warm up to the Ohio crowd with an awkward LeBron shout-out.

5 BURPEES:

17. "I'm not a scientist."

18. "You can keep your doctor."

19. "ACORN."

20. "The war on Christians."

21. "Thug."

22. "Right here in Ohio."

23. "Culture of dependency."

ONE MINUTE PLANK OF DEPRESSION:

24. "Kenya."

25. "All Lives Matter."

I like to do more kinds of exercises but I didn't want to spend the time on 25 different ones for an example.

Hexa

I want Trump to win very badly, because that might just be the wake up call to get the Republican party to stop being a bunch of dumb fucks. It would be a pivot in a good direction all things considered.
I mean the alternatives are Jeb, which would be a continuation of the stupid status quo, or Walker who would make things far worse.

mackattk

I still don't understand how trump has the lead. No matter what happens I'm gonna be sad, laughing my ass off but sad.

Because people are idiots, sees a rich man running for office, and then think that "successful" business policies and running the government are the same damn thing.

linkboy

I want Trump to win very badly, because that might just be the wake up call to get the Republican party to stop being a bunch of dumb fucks. It would be a pivot in a good direction all things considered.
I mean the alternatives are Jeb, which would be a continuation of the stupid status quo, or Walker who would make things far worse.

If anything, the idiots will just double down like they always do in a case like that.

The Republican Party is nothing more then a spoiled, self-centered brats who are doing nothing but sticking their fingers in their ears and going la-la-la-la-la, we can't hear you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom