• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PPP NC Poll : Trump Surges Fueled by Islamophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
WE ARE THE TRUMP. LOWER YOUR POLLS AND SURRENDER YOUR VOTES. WE WILL ADD YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR CULTURE WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

"This realm of existence is so far beyond your own. You cannot imagine it, I am beyond your comprehension.

You are a dummy."

jwhit28

What do Republicans disgusted with the proposed Muslim ban do when they recognize that something like that is exactly what a large portion of their supporters want? Will the introspective look into what their party has become last longer than the week it lasted after Mitt Romney lost?

How the fuck do you ban a religion?

Go to prison if you're seen praying Allah?

You don't unless you want to dismantle or amend the first amendment of the Constitution and defy one of the fundamental principles this country was founded on.

But you know, the average Trump supporter doesn't care about the Constitution apart from the almighty second amendment.

You don't unless you want to dismantle or amend the first amendment of the Constitution and defy one of the fundamental principles this country was founded on.

But you know, the average Trump supporter doesn't care about the Constitution apart from the almighty second amendment.

It's not even about the second amendment. It's about politicians generating support using a combination of fear-mongering and false victim projection. Essentially, you're in this spot because _______ put you there.

FStubbs

Realistically, for the party here in NC yes. Trump is getting worse every day. I've corresponded with Cruz and he gives off the standard slimy politician vibe. Bush maybe.

Cruz probably hates Muslims less than Trump and blacks quite a bit more.

It's not even about the second amendment. It's about politicians generating support using a combination of fear-mongering and false victim projection. Essentially, you're in this spot because _______ put you there.

Oh absolutely, I was just drawing a parallel between many of his proponents being zealous about gun rights and then having a wanton disregard for the rest of the Constitution when they express sentiments such as "Ban Islam!"

Zeenbor

I had an epiphany last night. This is my theory:

This is all a show put on by Trump, as directed by the GOP. He is directed to strategically put a hyperbolic spin on everything, taking advantage of anything in the news, trying to offend as many people as possible. No sane (or successful) person would do what he has done over the past year.

The reason? To make the other candidates (Rubio, Bush, even Cruz) look respectable because they're more "moderate"/sane. There is also a narrative they can propagate by saying the Democrats have "hired" Trump to destabilize the GOP primaries. This falls in line with their previous hair-brained schemes ("grassroots" Tea Party movement, Benghazi, annual Obamacare defunding attempts, etc.)

Once the (true) crazies (Carson, Trump) intentionally fall out from their self-inflected wounds, the remaining candidates show the GOP's true strategy - the Latino vote. The rallying cry will be the blatant racism displayed by Trump and giving very obvious respect to minorities, of which any decent human being can agree with. It also helps that Cruz and Rubio are technically Latino.

PBY

Banned

This is all a show put on by Trump, as directed by the GOP. He is directed to strategically put a hyperbolic spin on everything, taking advantage of anything in the news, trying to offend as many people as possible. No sane (or successful) person would do what he has done over the past year.

The reason? To make the other candidates (Rubio, Bush, even Cruz) look respectable because they're more "moderate"/sane. There is also a narrative they can propagate by saying the Democrats have "hired" Trump to destabilize the GOP primaries. This falls in line with their previous hair-brained schemes ("grassroots" Tea Party movement, Benghazi, annual Obamacare defunding attempts, etc.)

Once the (true) crazies (Carson, Trump) intentionally fall out from their self-inflected wounds, the remaining candidates show the GOP's true strategy - the Latino vote. The rallying cry will be the blatant racism displayed by Trump and giving very obvious respect to minorities, of which any decent human being can agree with. It also helps that Cruz and Rubio are technically Latino.

A. The party is freaking out.
B. This is seriously hurting the GOP latino vote, regardless of the candidate. They're going to have to work triple time to overcome the damage Trump is doing.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Except the "respectable" candidates followed Trump to crazy town when they saw it working. They simply performed lite versions of the same dance.

dabig2

See 2012 election on why this is a particular bad strategy. But with the modern GOP being insane, I can see them fucking that chicken again and convincing themselves they just weren't fucking it enough back then.

Aylinato

PPP's new North Carolina poll finds Donald Trump at his highest level of support in the state yet. He's at 33% to 16% for Ted Cruz, 14% each for Ben Carson and Marco Rubio, 5% for Jeb Bush, 4% for Chris Christie, 3% for John Kasich, 2% each for Carly Fiorina, Mike Huckabee, and Rand Paul, 1% each for Lindsey Graham and Rick Santorum, and less than 1% each for Jim Gilmore and George Pataki.

Trump's Islamophobia is a central feature of his appeal to his supporters:

-67% of his voters support a national database of Muslims in the United States, to only 14% opposed to it.

-62% believe his claims that thousands of Arabs cheered in New Jersey when the World Trade Center collapsed, to only 15% who don't believe that.

-51% want to see the Mosques in the country shut down, to only 16% against that.

-And only 24% of Trump supporters in the state even think Islam should be legal at all in the United States, to 44% who think it shouldn't be.
The release: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_NC_120815.pdf

In republican primary. Not the general population

Kathian

Banned
Telling that many of his backers don't actually support or believe his statements.

The incompetence of his opponents is outstanding.

Bowdz

"This realm of existence is so far beyond your own. You cannot imagine it, I am beyond your comprehension.

You are a dummy."

Laughing-Tom-Cruise-Gif-15.gif

Truly, a great post, a really, really great post, believe me. I know TheLostBigBoss and he is honestly, a phenomenal guy, just really classy and sharp. Wonderful people.

Trump campaign is Conservative Memes come to life. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a group compile the newest ones hitting Facebook to figure out their next avenue of stupidity.

Interesting the kinds of people who get riled up by Trump.

I overheard a coworker of mine, an older lady from Egypt who is Christian, talk about how "fantastic" Trump was in his speech, how he said things that everyone thinks but nobody wants to say with respect to the fact that we should profile Muslims more because we don't need more people "with that ideology" coming over here. I told her I wasn't one of the "everyone" who thinks that and knew a lot of people who say the same.

She also said she worked for the State Dept. and that people would be surprised how many refugees are coming to the U.S. with the primary goal of radicalizing Americans. I think that's horse shit but she swore it up and down. There were some comments about unfair treatment of Christians applying for refugee status and Muslims as well.

She has always been the nicest lady but it sounds like she has some deep-seeded resentment/dislike towards Muslims, and Trump's comments are bringing her attitudes about it out into the open. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom