• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let The Games Begin: Republican Debates Chosen

Status
Not open for further replies.

adj_noun

I actually think Trump's going to be on his (relative) best behavior. As long as he doesn't say anything truly insane or, like, eat a live weasel on stage he'll "win" just by hurdling already low expectations.

I'll be really interested in seeing how the rest of the mass debaters approach Trump.

At first, I was gonna mention how bad Christie seemed to fall off (in the polls). But at least he gets to eat with the adults - what's going on with Jindal and Perry.

Irobot82

huh. The republican are a little more diverse than I thought they'd be. Lots of old white guys but I see other race/ethnicity/sex on the list.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Let me tell you, there are three Republicans that I will dearly miss during the debates: Rick Santorum, Lindsay Graham, and ... uh ... who's the third one again...

Oddduck

The only disappointment is that Rick Perry and Bobby Jindal didn't make the list.

If you are watching these debates for laughs, then those two clowns would have provided some comedy.

Trump right before the debate....

2kVWOk9.gif

Kusagari

I wish we could sub out Carson, he's not going to say anything interesting, and Kasich for Jindal and Perry.

Would have been an absolutely hilarious 10.

Ben Carson is on PBS Newshour right now and just said, "...we have to secure all the borders, because it's not just Mexico, or Honduras...it's Jihadists..."

Hahahahaha. What the fuck.

Will get a standing ovation from the people at that crowd, I'm sure.

Nelo Ice

Banned
This is gonna be so good. And man trumpweb is making all these threads even more entertaining.

Also this is how I imagine every GOP candidate is like.
ogd0nCE.jpg

KarmaCow

The debate is seriously going to happen on Jon Stewart's last day? What a shame, the Daily Show break curse is real.

Kusagari

Carson is like the most batshit of them all.

I doubt he's going to get to put it to use in a debate setting. For as hilarious as he was last time around, Cain wasn't that amusing in the debates.

He's mostly going to be asked policy questions he has no clue about and bumble his answers.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It can't possibly be a good thing for the GOP that Donald Trump is getting this kind of exposure.

Iksenpets

Banned
Oh my god.

Can you imagine Rick Perry jumping on the main stage, guns ablazin' yelling, "Wildcard, bitches!!"

Oh man, I need Rick Perry to brandish a weapon at the debate. Why has no Republican ever tried open-carrying at a debate? His polls would instantly jump to like 8%.

Oh my god.

Can you imagine Rick Perry jumping on the main stage, guns ablazin' yelling, "Wildcard, bitches!!"

This is what we need. None of the other candidates get to know who the winner of the other debate was until he/she is asked their first question.

Struct09

Why couldn't this happen while Jon Stewart was still on air? Oh well, I hope we at least get a good John Oliver segment covering it.

Oh man, I need Rick Perry to brandish a weapon at the debate. Why has no Republican ever tried open-carrying at a debate? His polls would instantly jump to like 8%.

I've often wondered what the protocol is for carrying at Republican events. Like, can you bring a gun to a rally for a Republican candidate, or do they have security to prevent it? I have a hunch, but I don't want to assume.

I've often wondered what the protocol is for carrying at Republican events. Like, can you bring a gun to a rally for a Republican candidate, or do they have security to prevent it? I have a hunch, but I don't want to assume.

I'm not sure about individual rallies, but there were news stories in 2012 about the hypocritical banning of weapons (including knives and squirt guns) at the 2012 Republican National Convention.

I'm not sure about individual rallies, but there were news stories in 2012 about the hypocritical banning of weapons (including knives and squirt guns) at the 2012 Republican National Convention.

Wow. Seems crazy that they'd make themselves soft targets and put all the Convention Attendees at risk!

Empty

i don't see the purpose of a ten person debate but with that many voices it'll probably just favour the person who can say the most ridiculous things possible as loudly as possible aka the trump train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom