• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Got Windows 10? Show me your desktop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatty

eY4xhBw.jpg

I would have a continuous wallpaper but my monitors are different sizes so I just have it cycle randomly through my collection

Dinjooh

So all your files and programs were intact? Sweet.

Other than Dualshock 4 supposedly not working, everything has been the same from background picture to well.. everything.

Had to manually install my GPU driver though, W10 couldn't find the right one and had to uninstall that one.

Laieon

José Mourinho;173566986 said:
I had no idea you could add the other folders to the start menu. I was rockin' a big empty space from where I disabled frequently used and all that rubbish.

Much better now.

Edit: just wish they could be reordered.

Yeah, I wish you could also choose what folders you added. I save all my pictures and videos on a different drive, which means those links pretty much just go to an empty folder just for the sake of not having a big empty space.

NJDEN

O64Earv.png

Blank desktop

kVUGdSU.png

Desktop with start menu

I like to keep my desktops as clean and basic as possible. I'm thinking about applying a Rainmeter skin if it doesn't glitch out like crazy...

iFirez

I like to keep my desktops as clean and basic as possible. I'm thinking about applying a Rainmeter skin if it doesn't glitch out like crazy...
That is one sexy looking start menu, even cleaner than Windows 7. I've already hidden the tiles area on my Windows 10 install but how does one get such a nice start menu over all?

NJDEN

post the backround please

I couldn't find the image online so I unfortunately can't give the artist credit... But I uploaded it to Imgur for those looking to use it. (I take no responsibility for making it. It's something I found when looking for material design wallpaper) http://i.imgur.com/QaR0LKW.jpg

How do you get your start menu icons to not have that weird coloured box around it?

Assuming your using Classic Shell open up the settings, navigate to the skin tab and uncheck the box labeled show icon frames.

Ay how do I get my start menu double layered like that?

I'm not using Windows 10's default start menu (even though it's vastly improved over Windows 8, I still don't care for it). Instead I'm using an application called classic shell; you can download and customize it to however you want your start menu to look.

That is one sexy looking start menu, even cleaner than Windows 7. I've already hidden the tiles area on my Windows 10 install but how does one get such a nice start menu over all?

I spent a good hour fiddling in the classic shell settings until I had everything just the way I like it. All the options are there by default, you just have to find em.

quesalupa

I couldn't find the image online so I unfortunately can't give the artist credit... But I uploaded it to Imgur for those looking to use it. (I take not responsibility to making it, it's something I found when looking for material design wallpaper)

Assuming your using Classic Shell open up the settings, navigate to the skin tab and uncheck the box labeled show icon frames.

I'm not using Windows 10's default start menu (even though it's vastly improved over Windows 8, I still don't care for it). Instead I'm using an application called classic shell; you can download and customize it to however you want your start menu to look.

I spent a good hour fiddling in the classic shell settings until I had everything just the way I like it. All the options are there by default, you just have to find em.
Ohh. Thanks for answering everyone's questions.

McBryBry

This is what I have right now. I would probably clean up the desktop more if I could stick all my icons in the start menu. I like having it sorted of general stuff, games, modding and playing with the PC, but if there's a way to organize and throw it all in the start menu..... I'm all for it.

Also, vastly enjoy the colored bars. I think the yellow goes great, over black.

NotLiquid

Question about wallpapers since this seems to be an appropriate topic for that - is it just me or does Windows 10 lower the qualities of the images? It's a bit jarring to me cause I've noticed artifacts on some of mine that have solid colors on them.

dakun

Can you tell me how you got your startmenu to look like that? It looks exactly like i want it to be, basic windows 7.

So many people with the taskbar on the bottom... I will never understand it. It makes so much more sense to have it on one of the sides because screen real-estate is at less of a premium there. Make the switch and you will never go back. You will be used to it in no time at all.

kabel

So many people with the taskbar on the bottom... I will never understand it. It makes so much more sense to have it on one of the sides because screen real-estate is at less of a premium there. Make the switch and you will never go back. You will be used to it in no time at all.

16:10 Monitor

No, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom