• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Psychotext said:
Ouch.

Unrelated, it looks like someone at PD forgot to code in the pit crews at Tsukuba. :lol

You just drive in, stop for a few seconds, then drive back out again without seeing anything happen. I wonder if it's because the pit lane there isn't very wide.

There are no pits in Practice mode, or Arcade if you disable the Fuel depletion.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Patrick Bateman said:
B-Spec is such a bullshit event. My driver only wins if he drives a car with at least 300hp more than his opponents. Fuck that dumbass...
It really is slightly more subtle than that. Just like you can blitz the opposition in a-spec with a formula GT in the sunday cup, you can get tight races in b-spec with closer equipment. I think one reason I don't do that is I just want to progress with minimum effort in b-spec. But i've certainly had tense and close races where i've had to carefully apply the limited controls to achieve a win.

UFRA

Metalmurphy said:
Anyone up for some Day/Night Nurburgring awesomeness with some mid powered cars?

I am so up for that. Name a time and some horsepower guidelines.

In 2 minutes the Super GT league is going to be practicing, but after that it's all clear.

-viper-

Banned
Almost golded the lotus event but the yellow car rams into me and I'm disqualified. FUUUU---

Not sure if I want to retry this event. :\

Angst

It doesn't look like the Super GT training is happening. I'd like to do some racing on the Ring, so if you post a room number here I'll join.

Edit - joining UFRA now.

UFRA

Sounds good MM.

Angst, if you wanna practice I did make a Super GT room. Number is in the Super GT thread.

We can mess around for 30 min at least.

-viper-

Banned
so close, yet so far. I'm on Gambon, the last corner of the Top Gear track, almost at the finish line. But my car spins and the A.I. beats me by 0.072 seconds. I finish second in the Lotus event.

:(

I know I can do it, but I'm not sure if I have the patience.

If anyone finds themselves wanting to use the Minolta for Tsukuba 9hrs bspec, I suggest full downforce, ~190mph gearing, using medium instead of soft racing tyres and turning off pit strategy. The drivers burn up softs too quickly (you'll be in the pits every few laps) and they seem to drive a bit too slow on hards (and they don't last long enough to make the difference in pit time).

Using that my guys are currently 27 laps ahead with about two hours to go, pitting probably every 15 or so laps to replace their screwed tyres.

New tweet:

Apparently the Performance Points system and Quick Tune is coming to GT5, like in Prologue (and a basic version in GT PSP). Maybe in Mondays update? Who knows!

Anyway, great news, just need some more events now to use the feature!

Shaneus

mrklaw said:
It really is slightly more subtle than that. Just like you can blitz the opposition in a-spec with a formula GT in the sunday cup, you can get tight races in b-spec with closer equipment. I think one reason I don't do that is I just want to progress with minimum effort in b-spec. But i've certainly had tense and close races where i've had to carefully apply the limited controls to achieve a win.
Races like that are genuinely rewarding but fuck me if you don't think you're going to come away with a miracle win at the end of the final lap and your driver spins out as if a tire blew.

The funniest thing happened to my guy in one particular race... I can't remember which location but there's a pit entrance that starts at the exit of the last corner of a track. It's a 5 lap race (of a very small track), spins out on the last corner of lap 4 yet doesn't get to the main track in time so he manages to go through pit lane. I went from first to 8/10 :lol

PQ8fd.png

NeoGAF Racing League sponsored race!

Track:
Y3Fqy.png

Cars:
Anything under BHP

Server:
CLOSED

Open for any gaffer! Gogogo!

Finally. Got Like the Wind under my belt. It was a pretty close call, too. That got me the trophy for close endings, the Minolta, and the 1000 ticket, which got me the '60 Art Morrison Corvette. Not too bad, all things considered.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Are all NASCAR cars the same? Want to buy one for the extreme event but want to check I can buy purely on appearance.

I know I can win one by Golding ZJG's event, but I want to leave that til later when I have more time with my wheel.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Psychotext said:
If anyone finds themselves wanting to use the Minolta for Tsukuba 9hrs bspec, I suggest full downforce, ~190mph gearing, using medium instead of soft racing tyres and turning off pit strategy. The drivers burn up softs too quickly (you'll be in the pits every few laps) and they seem to drive a bit too slow on hards (and they don't last long enough to make the difference in pit time).

Using that my guys are currently 27 laps ahead with about two hours to go, pitting probably every 15 or so laps to replace their screwed tyres.
So they'll auto pit for dead tyres as well as empty fuel? That's good to know.

Presumably the Formula GT would be better suited to scuba circuit though?

Just doing the german touring car with my prize from b-spec. Nurburgring is tricky to overtake in b-spec, so narrow, really have to pick your spot.

mrklaw said:
So they'll auto pit for dead tyres as well as empty fuel? That's good to know.

Presumably the Formula GT would be better suited to scuba circuit though?
Yeah, I decided to put it to the test after someone mentioned it the other day. The tires are truly ruined by that point though, it's such a shame that there isn't another way of setting up automatic pits.

As for the GT, yeah definitely... but up until a couple of hours ago I didn't even know you could use it in that race. (Another stupid set of restrictions IMO... given you're up against tuned production cars)

KennyLinder said:
New tweet:

Apparently the Performance Points system and Quick Tune is coming to GT5, like in Prologue (and a basic version in GT PSP). Maybe in Mondays update? Who knows!

Anyway, great news, just need some more events now to use the feature!
PP =/= Aspec points i hope?

Because Aspec points sucked... :(

Well, it at least ruined GT4 for me...

Got my 1000 Ticket. VW Beetle Cup Car. w00t

Has anyone done the B-Spec British Lightweights in Professional yet? Wondered what car to use. The Lotus I used in the A-Spec version in isn't really good enough for B-Spec.

kamikazekoala said:
PP =/= Aspec points i hope?

Because Aspec points sucked... :(

Well, it at least ruined GT4 for me...

No idea, but from memory in Prologue it meant they could limit bhp/weight/ etc etc easily for races, kinda like how Forza works. It would stop people using F40s in Sunday Cup :)

brentech

Just got home for some preemptive holiday time with the wife's extended family. Hopefully will get a chance to do some driving tonight...so addicted.

KennyLinder said:
Has anyone done the B-Spec British Lightweights in Professional yet? Wondered what car to use. The Lotus I used in the A-Spec version in isn't really good enough for B-Spec.

McLaren F1 Stealth Car :lol they didnt even stand a chance :p

Anyone have a GOD Vitz to use in B-Spec? spending 100k on that POS is wrong on so many levels...

Celcius

°Temp. member
Any other drifters here? This morning I was going for the "dream drifter" trophy and after about an hour and a half managed to score 16,625 by using a Camero SS on Chamonix. I was so proud I even saved my first replay. :D
I think my favorite stage so far (for drifting) is the either special stage R5 or the clubman route 5. Drifting at night is so fun...

KennyLinder said:

I used a RM Elise 111. It isn't too powerful, but even my deficient driver had no trouble smoking the rest of the drivers in it. Besides it handles beautifully.

darkwing

KennyLinder said:

which Lotus is that? I RM'd mine, won it :lol

weekend_warrior said:
Level 30 achieved. About to try out the X1. Will post impressions.

Holy shit, this is gonna be hard. It controls very oddly with a DS3. Like there's a huge deadspot. :\

Also, I'm switching it to automatic. Shifting through all those gears takes to much concentration.

anddo0

Historic racing car cup at Cote D Azur B-spec is such cheap bullshit. The AI is so f'n terrible here with all the crashes.

I have the Toyota 7 and can't even finish without some random bullshit from the AI. HELP?

Top Bottom