• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

offshore

Metalmurphy said:
Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 Fully modded. You can't race mod it though.

It's HARD, but doable, if you have a Toyota 7 in front of you in the grid, you either over take it on the first corner, or you might as well restart. If you managed to get to first you can gain a few seconds on corners, specially the last 2 if you do it right, then just do the rest of the lap perfect and don't let them pass.
Will try this then. When I won the Countach I went straight to the Histortic Cup, looked at the line up and saw the Toyota 7 and immediatley thought "what on Earth?" :lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
turnbuckle said:
Ughh...the Nascar event on Expert pisses me off. I easily won the first 3 races in the tournament, but finished 7th in the fourth, and last in the final and ended up getting a silver trophy. It took me about 20 tries to finish first in the last track, and I didn't realize you don't get a reward for having a gold trophy in each of them...but rather have to get a gold trophy through the tournament. The AI is hell bent on slamming me and spinning me out if I take the lead, so the only strategy that's worked for me is hanging out in last place until the final lap and then drafting my way to the front.
Nightmare in b-spec too. Came first in all events except Daytona, where I came 7th. As demented as the b-spec drivers can be, there is still a small amount of logic to the instructions you give, and their reaction. But on a high speed oval it just feels like a crapshoot. You can't tell him to hold back and get into position for an overtake, the drafting and one-make race means the usual b-spec tactic of breaking away doesn't really work. Did it eventually though, seemingly through pure luck I managed to get just enough of a lead that they couldn't draft my arse

Got my level 21 ticket for completing expert after doing the NASCAR event. Received....a NASCAR. Already got one thanks. They're fucking identical so don't need another.

Doesn't Race Mod fully tune your car? I bought a ZR1 and RM'ed it and it only has 694 BHP without SuperCharger or any Engine upgrades. Not even body rigidity improvements and I've spent around 500k on the car and RM. :|

offshore said:
Will try this then. When I won the Countach I went straight to the Histortic Cup, looked at the line up and saw the Toyota 7 and immediatley thought "what on Earth?" :lol
The Toyota 7 almost never won the 30 or so bspec attempts I had on the historic cup (Monaco anyway), it was pretty much always the fan car.

Question.
Has the ferris wheel been moved at Le Mans? In real life I mean.

I am pretty sure that its 'inside' the track, yet here its on the outside of the track to the left as you approach the start/finish area. I went to Le Mans 24hr about 5 years ago and I am sure it was on the infield area..

Psychotext said:
The Toyota 7 almost never won the 30 or so bspec attempts I had on the historic cup (Monaco anyway), it was pretty much always the fan car.

That's probably your pilots fault :p I did that race all afternoon today, with several lineups, Toyota 7 was always first, when I won he was second.

KennyLinder said:
Question.
Has the ferris wheel been moved at Le Mans? In real life I mean.

I am pretty sure that its 'inside' the track, yet here its on the outside of the track to the left as you approach the start/finish area. I went to Le Mans 24hr about 5 years ago and I am sure it was on the infield area..
I don't think it's ever had a fixed location. They pack it and build it several times.

This is from 2007:
570376745_11afc78fe8_b.jpg

Same place as GT5.

Quake1028

Lagspike_exe said:
Doesn't Race Mod fully tune your car? I bought a ZR1 and RM'ed it and it only has 694 BHP without SuperCharger or any Engine upgrades. Not even body rigidity improvements and I've spent around 500k on the car and RM. :|

You have to go back and apply all of your upgrades.

Metalmurphy said:
That's probably your pilots fault :p I did that race all afternoon today, with several lineups, Toyota 7 was always first, when I won he was second.

I don't think it's ever had a fixed location. They pack it and build it several times.
Same place as GT5.

Ah cool, my mistake. I know it was in that exact spot as we used to watch that chicane was it was awesome from that view, but all the beer that weekend must have messed with my senses as I remember it being on the other side! :D

EDIT: I wasn't that drunk, look! This is the picture I took..

5275105805_4c476753cb_z.jpg

Metalmurphy said:
Not sure how my driver would make a difference. The fan car was half a lap ahead of the Toyota in some cases by the end. It's a ton faster.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
UFRA said:
But there is something waiting in your garage. :p

I love you, you know that? <3 Now I'm set for "Like the Wind" once I'm up there.

TheSeks

Holy Crap, AI in GT All Stars is brutal on the ring. Corvette slows through the curves as I'm trying to catch up in the Stealth F1 McLaren. All of a sudden he's gone as soon as he's out of those curves. WTF.

FtsH

-viper- said:
same here man. The XP grind is fucking ridiculous

(Level) Required XP for
(01) 500
(02) 640
(03) 819
(04) 1048
(05) 1341
(06) 1716
(07) 2196
(08) 2811
(09) 3598
(10) 4605
(11) 5894
(12) 7544
(13) 9656
(14) 12,360
(15) 15,821
(16) 20,251
(17) 25,921
(18) 33,179
(19) 42,469
(20) 54,360
(21) 69,581
(22) 89,064
(23) 114,002
(24) 145,923
(25) 186,781
(26) 239,080
(27) 306,022
(28) 391,708
(29) 501,386
(30) 641,774
(31) 821,471
(32) 1,051,483
(33) 1,345,898
(34) 1,722,749
(35) 2,205,119
(36) 2,822,552
(37) 3,612,867
(38) 4,624,470
(39) 5,919,322
(40) 7,576,732

FUCK.

I want a real GTR shipped to my address as the prize car for completing lv 40.

WTF 3D TV settings?
Can someone tweet Kaz and ask for some sort of optimizer setup with at least a picture to base your settings on.
How can you set up 3D depth and convergence without a reference?

UFRA

Hey Seks you have me mixed up with someone. I gave you a brand new Mazda Roadster for that event, not the Furai. :lol

Unless maybe some awesome glitch happened and it turned into a Furai.

Hopefully you will still love me because of how well the Roadster will work. :p

TheSeks

UFRA said:
Hey Seks you have me mixed up with someone. I gave you a brand new Mazda Roadster for that event, not the Furai. :lol

Unless maybe some awesome glitch happened and it turned into a Furai.

Hopefully you will still love me because of how well the Roadster will work. :p

That roadster magically won me a Furai. B-Spec NA-Roadster event. ;)

mrklaw said:
Nightmare in b-spec too. Came first in all events except Daytona, where I came 7th. As demented as the b-spec drivers can be, there is still a small amount of logic to the instructions you give, and their reaction. But on a high speed oval it just feels like a crapshoot. You can't tell him to hold back and get into position for an overtake, the drafting and one-make race means the usual b-spec tactic of breaking away doesn't really work. Did it eventually though, seemingly through pure luck I managed to get just enough of a lead that they couldn't draft my arse

Got my level 21 ticket for completing expert after doing the NASCAR event. Received....a NASCAR. Already got one thanks. They're fucking identical so don't need another.

How did you win the NASCAR race on Grand Valley Speedway??

Every time my driver causes wheel spins and fucks the tyres so that by the end he's unable to finish without pitting, meaning I come last.

UFRA

TheSeks said:
That roadster magically won me a Furai. B-Spec NA-Roadster event. ;)

Oh, I gotcha. Cool! I forgot about that. :)

*GAF Racing Night*

Now OPEN!

Room Number: Done.

Agenda:

-Super GT practice. Several Super GT-only races. If you don't have a Super GT car, there are 2 provided for you in the arcade car list, so join anyways!
-After Super GT practice, it's whatever goes! Shuffle races, HP limit races with our own cars, etc...

Join!!

-viper-

Banned
LOL - took me almost 100 races for my B-Spec driver E. Polo to reach level 19.

Now for my new and improved B Spec driver, Mr. Anderson, it only took 17 races to reach level 17.

edit: I started B-Spec Superspeedway Like The Wind. I have a 895hp Mazda 787B with a top speed of 245mph.

My B Spec driver came last. WTF? :\

Mobius 1

UFRA said:

*GAF Racing Night*

Now OPEN!

Room Number: 1472-6118-4259-7715-2982

Agenda:

-Super GT practice. Several Super GT-only races. If you don't have a Super GT car, there are 2 provided for you in the arcade car list, so join anyways!
-After Super GT practice, it's whatever goes! Shuffle races, HP limit races with our own cars, etc...

Join!!

I will join after I get some food. Sounds like fun

gunther

UFRA said:

*GAF Racing Night*

Now OPEN!

Agenda:

Join!!

here i go!!!! :D

UFRA said:

*GAF Racing Night*

Now OPEN!

Agenda:

Join!!

tried to join but i says that because my nat type is 3 i can enter the code wft?

I was racing against AI opponents with my GF watching, but then she starts to laugh for no apparent reason. Well, there was ONE reason.

2nqqxrn.jpg

Look who's in 2nd place. :lol :lol

I am bummed that I missed the Super GT practice last night and again tonight. I have been over at the Misses. She is about to go on a vacation with her sister for a week next Sunday so that means mega GT5 binge time! Woot! I am really excited about the Super GT races. I haven't done proper online racing with a group since way back in the GPL days.

B-Spec hit the ultimate "fuck this" moment after going through the awful NASCAR series on extreme and killing it the first few races and struggling toward the end. All I had to do was finish ahead of N.Morin on the last race at Daytona, aka the Trioval of Rage. I got up into the top three pretty early on and then traded on and off between 2nd and 1st place in a little break away pack the rest of the race. Going into the final turn after the back straight my asshole driver just takes the high line, lets the entire field blast past him and I finish 9th loosing then entire championship by 5 points. His pace and commands and strength were all fine and exactly the same as the many laps before where he was destroying. On the last lap he just kicked it into full on retard mode and made me hate the arbitrary shite that is B Spec in this game. Why the fuck would there not be, stay low, stay high, inside/outisde commands in B-Spec for oval racing. That is all that matters, it isn't so much pace up and overtake as it is STAY THE FUCK IN THE DRAFT TRAIN! Bob would just go solo dolo and let the draft conga line blast past. Grrrr so frustrating.

I have all the endurance races up to 1000km Suzuka finished and am midway through level 29 A-Spec. I really want to hit 30 tomorrow night and give that muggle Vettel a go in his precious X1. I want to gold those fuckers.

I will have a mega give away soon after Xmas. I have an unopened copy of GT5 and some silly car prizes I want to give away to GAF folk in the week following Xmas. If only I could give away more than one gift a day.

Lets hope tomorrow's updates calms the furry that some of us are going through in the late game stages.

Happy Holiday's GT5 GAF, it has been a hell of a ride this last couple of months.

Melfice7

chubigans said:
I'd say:

A/B Spec Mode: not that good at all.
Special Events/Licenses: Absolutely fantastic.

Absolutely, GT6 should have like 100+ all sort of special events as a replacement for gt life, and we should being able to create our own championships, plus online with xp/cr rewards

The current design can be fun at first but once you need to repeat event after event to grind for xp and cr it goes downhill

X-Frame

Do the Pace Up .. Overtake, etc commands even work?

Because it seems whenever I hit those it just makes my dumbass driver tap the gas a little harder for 3 seconds and then retreats like a little bitch. Ugh.

He couldn't win the GT World Championship in Professional with the damn Minolta. What do I need to give him a rocket ship?

darkwing

X-Frame said:
Do the Pace Up .. Overtake, etc commands even work?

Because it seems whenever I hit those it just makes my dumbass driver tap the gas a little harder for 3 seconds and then retreats like a little bitch. Ugh.

He couldn't win the GT World Championship in Professional with the damn Minolta. What do I need to give him a rocket ship?

what i do is, pace up on straights, overtake when he is near the other car

Melfice7

seattle6418 said:
I´m grinding up to level 30 on both specs, then the plan is to beat the x1 challenge, stop grinding and enjoy the game for a bit.

I´m glad i´m not the only one hating the progression on this game.

I see we have the same plan
2ilkdv9.jpg

darkwing said:
what i do is, pace up on straights, overtake when he is near the other car

That is a colossal mistake imo. He'll go just as fast if you pace down and you're "heating him" up for nothing. If he only has 1 car infront he can still overtake. More then 1 car he kinda chickens out when in "paced down" though.

Yoritomo

dwebo said:
Unless you are godly, plan on 35. :lol

Once you take an hour to familiarize yourself with the car and its unique handling you should be able to bronze everything pretty easily. Hell I did a full spin on Suzuka cause the tires dipped into the grass (2nd lap of a run that would have gotten me gold if not for the spin) and still got a 2:14 (gold is 2:10 bronze is 2:16)

Ydahs

evil_as_skeletor said:
WTF 3D TV settings?
Can someone tweet Kaz and ask for some sort of optimizer setup with at least a picture to base your settings on.
How can you set up 3D depth and convergence without a reference?
Seriously. The menu loading is slow enough as it is and it takes way too long to keep testing small adjustments.

dwebo

Yoritomo said:
Once you take an hour to familiarize yourself with the car and its unique handling you should be able to bronze everything pretty easily. Hell I did a full spin on Suzuka cause the tires dipped into the grass (2nd lap of a run that would have gotten me gold if not for the spin) and still got a 2:14 (gold is 2:10 bronze is 2:16)
I couldn't even make one lap of Suzuka without spinning off into the sand somewhere :(

darkwing

Metalmurphy said:
That is a colossal mistake imo. He'll go just as fast if you pace down and you're "heating him" up for nothing. If he only has 1 car infront he can still overtake. More then 1 car he kinda chickens out when in "paced down" though.

i mean do the overtake command only when he is near the front car, doesn't matter if in the straights or in corners etc..

brentech

Metalmurphy said:
Yeah, I did that early on in my B-Specing, but fairly quickly realized that my drivers lap times were only declining if any change at all.

dronde

Neo Member
The online service of Gran Turismo 5 will undergo maintenance during the following hours:

Start: 12/20/2010 14:00 CCT
Finish: 12/20/2010 16:00 CCT

Start: 12/20/2010 20:00 CCT
Finish: 12/20/2010 21:00 CCT

During the maintenance, it will not be possible to connect to any of the online services.

*Please note that the exact times of the maintenance may slightly vary.

Top Bottom