• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue PS3 video from GC

Wollan

Even before the news, folks seemed to be head-over-heels for Prologue. For a time limit-enforced romp on the track, players lined up behind the bucket seats in a mixture of awe and anxiety.
They hunger. EU hungers for GT5 Sony.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Bad_Boy said:
do it. what are you waiting for. Logitech G25 = amazing. :D
Money! Still the reasons to buy one are stacking up-Dirt, Sega Rally, Wangan Midnight and GT5 Prologue all support wheels and are all games that I'm likely to purchase.

Max@GC

yaaaaayyyyy

oh and ya the garage maybe has some post processing effects like the replays...look at the bottom of the description (replays 1080p/30fps, game 1080p/60fps):

Tideas

Banned
I hear a lot of ppl say post-processing. I don't get it, is that what they do to screenshots taken from the game?

Or is that what happens in the game, so what u see in the image is what us ee when you're playing?

Cuz if it's the latter, what does it matter what it looks like in the end, post-process or not, if what you see is what you get.

What we see right now is orgasmic, lol

Kittonwy

Banned
Max@GC said:
yaaaaayyyyy

DO WANT RAWR.
Indifferent2.gif

Nozi said:
Sorry, but that's not true. There were similar videos for GT:HD and GT5 is exactly the same. Output game footage, add AA and postprocess effects and release as a promo video. The game looks fantastic but learn to differentiate between processed and realtime footage.

It was confirmed to be real time many times before by PD them selfs. They even stated the HDR in the garage scenes couldn't be done on any other console.

Your not watching the movies in they're true resolution so of course ur not gonna see the same aliasing... use your head for a moment will ya? And when you have a 1080p image displayed on your monitor as opposed to a HDTV you're gonna notice ALOT more aliasing.

Take this shot for example:
http://xs218.xs.to/xs218/07344/DSC00822.JPG
That is 100% real time.

Now compare the aliasing between that and the pics in the 1080p gallery you just posted. You also keep forgetting the replays run at 30fps instead of 60fps for extra AA. But they're still real time.

And what postprocess effects are you talking about? :lol

Btw, nice stealth edit...

Double H

Geezer said:
Clutch support:D

I keep getting nudged closer and closer to buying a G25 :/
Don’t.

Just as GT4 Prologue launched with the Driving Force Pro, a new Logitech wheel based on the G25’s hardware is sure to be released in a similar fashion.

If there wasn’t a new wheel coming out, the G25 would’ve already been associated with GT and more specifically GTHD Concept.

DSC00834.JPG

Also, why list under accessories a non specific Logitech Wheel—it seams as though they’re not ready to explicitly state the new one…

joesmokey

Metalmurphy said:
It was confirmed to be real time many times before by PD them selfs. They even stated the HDR in the garage scenes couldn't be done on any other console.

Your not watching the movies in they're true resolution so ofcourse ur not gonna see the same aliasing... user your head for a moment will ya? And when you have a 1080p image displayed on your monitor as opposed to a HDTV you're gonna notice ALOT more aliasing.

That is 100% real time.

Now compare the aliasing between that and the pics in the 1080p gallery you just posted. You also keep forgetting the replays run at 30fps instead of 60fps for extra AA. But they're still real time.

Read his tag.

spwolf

Wollan said:
They hunger. EU hungers for GT5 Sony.

Prologue in October? PES in October? Busy months....

thank god Warhawk is in few days, if it was delayed, I would have to quit my job so I can play some games

Max@GC

spwolf said:
Prologue in October? PES in October? Busy months....

thank god Warhawk is in few days, if it was delayed, I would have to quit my job so I can play some games

"November 2007"

Nozi said:
I edited because it's pointless arguing with you. If you want to believe everything you see is realtime, so be it.

Apparently you seem to care alot, as you're kind enough to keep reminding us on every single thread, several posts in a row. :lol

So please, do continue ;)

jett

D-Member
Nozi said:
What does? the intro cinematic? Forza had a great one too.

:lol

Does anyone else remember when this *insert expletive here* tried to pass off as unbiased and being impressed with GT5 by posting shitty upscaled caps of the game?

mintylurb

jett said:

Does anyone else remember when this *insert expletive here* tried to pass off as unbiased and being impressed with GT5 by posting shitty upscaled caps of the game?
Well, that was more of a team effort. He did get some help.

chubigans said:
Is this the wheel to get then? I'm looking for one too...so this one will set me good with my PS3?

It appears to be the wheel to get...right now. But i think Double H's theory makes sense. I'm going to wait and see what wheel of Logitech's gets associated with the game.

Dante

jett said:

I thought his Forza real life comparison thread was more comical actually. :lol

Nozi

Banned
jett said:

They weren't upscaled, they were direct feed.

"bu.. bu.. there were jaggies, it must be upscaled'

Nozi said:
They weren't upscaled, they were direct feed.

"bu.. bu.. there were jaggies, it must be upscaled'

"bu.. bu.. looks so much better then Forza, must not be real time"

gtfo will ya?

Or better yet, i'll just test the ignore list.

J-Rzez

jett said:

Every GT thread can be counted on to be ruined by the likes... I say, he's had more than enough time to look for proxies... I've never seen someone so troubled, so pained and filled with hatred for a game before... I mean, I dislike stuff and post in said thread usually once about something unless i get quoted, but man, this guys just having a seizure with the submit reply button...

Metalmurphy said:

Your not watching the movies in they're true resolution so of course ur not gonna see the same aliasing... use your head for a moment will ya? And when you have a 1080p image displayed on your monitor as opposed to a HDTV you're gonna notice ALOT more aliasing.

That is 100% real time.

I can't believe you wasted all that time trying to discredit or convince him. Dude it's Nozi, noone takes him seriously.

Nozi

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Every GT thread can be counted on to be ruined by the likes... I say, he's had more than enough time to look for proxies... I've never seen someone so troubled, so pained and filled with hatred for a game before... I mean, I dislike stuff and post in said thread usually once about something unless i get quoted, but man, this guys just having a seizure with the submit reply button...

Seriously man, what's your problem?

I have never spoken ill of GT (it's clearly a fantastic looking game), just the rabid fanboyism that plagues threads like these. Polyphony, like every other games company, are guilty of putting out occasional bullshot media. People like you don't want to hear it; you only want circle-jerk threads for you and your buddies to say 'wow' and co-sign each other. That's not objective, it's just a mindless parade of non-discussion.

Sysgen

The interior viewpoint is very nice but the lack of damage, or more importantly the apparent lack of a hit on the car's performance when the driver hit the wall is a major issue and one I hope is corrected in the final game.

FightyF

Banned
Looks great. The only flaw is the lack of soft shadows, which I hope they implement (at a higher resolution as well). If so, the game would look PERFECT.

Nozi said:
Seriously man, what's your problem?

I have never spoken ill of GT (it's clearly a fantastic looking game), just the rabid fanboyism that plagues threads like these. Polyphony, like every other games company, are guilty of putting out occasional bullshot media. People like you don't want to hear it; you only want circle-jerk threads for you and your buddies to say 'wow' and co-sign each other. That's not objective, it's just a mindless parade of non-discussion.

*sniff sniff*

I smell irony in the air.

Sysgen said:
The interior viewpoint is very nice but the lack of damage, or more importantly the apparent lack of a hit on the car's performance when the driver hit the wall is a major issue and one I hope is corrected in the final game.

Don't get your hopes too high :p You'll probably see a 5 second penalty on online games, ala GT4, and that will be about it.

Sysgen

Metalmurphy said:
Don't get your hopes too high :p You'll probably see a 5 second penalty on online games, ala GT4, and that will be about it.

That's too bad. Do the tires wear the longer you drive?

Sysgen

Metalmurphy said:
Well even GT3/4 had that :p

As you've probably guessed by now I've never played a GT game and having just come off of Forza2 and getting into the whole tuning thing I'm looking forward to this.

FightyF

Banned
Sysgen said:

I think people are confusing damage with something that matters more, collision physics.

Especially since this is an online game, PD better take this concern seriously.

Even if you take damage off in Forza 2 while you are playing it online, you still want to avoid other cars because of the collision physics. Unlike PGR3, where it was real predictable (guy on the receiving end wipes out), things in FM2 were a lot more unpredictable, and physical contact would slow you down (unlike in Gran Turismo where you bounce off the other car).

So I'm cool with the lack of damage in GT for production cars...the focus should be on collision physics. I never analysed this vid to see if there was anything wrong...I couldn't stand watching that driver to be honest. :)

To those talking about playing this on a "Dual Shock 3"...I can't believe you guys. I would have KILLED for a 900 degree wheel for Forza 2. And you want to play this with a controller?

If a wheel is too expensive for you...look for a whole bunch of DFP owners wanting to upgrade to a G25. You could probably find a DFP for cheap. I know I'm gonna sell mine once GT5 proper comes out. I think I'll stick with the DFP for Prologue as this Fall is raping my wallet.

Sysgen

FightyF said:
I think people are confusing damage with something that matters more, collision physics.

Especially since this is an online game, PD better take this concern seriously.

Even if you take damage off in Forza 2 while you are playing it online, you still want to avoid other cars because of the collision physics. Unlike PGR3, where it was real predictable (guy on the receiving end wipes out), things in FM2 were a lot more unpredictable, and physical contact would slow you down (unlike in Gran Turismo where you bounce off the other car).

The damage I'm speaking of is equally important. It's the damage done to the car's components, not necessarily the car's body. Frankly I don't car about exterior damage. I didn't think in Forza2 exterior damage was represented all too well and I could of lived without it. What happened though when you collided or bumped at 130 mph to the car's performance was where it's at in Forza2 and I hope GT5 brings that also.

FightyF

Banned
Sysgen said:
The damage I'm speaking of is equally important. It's the damage done to the car's components, not necessarily the car's body. Frankly I don't car about exterior damage. I didn't think in Forza2 exterior damage was represented all too well and I could of lived without it. What happened though when you collided or bumped at 130 mph to the car's performance was where it's at in Forza2 and I hope GT5 brings that also.

I understand that, I was just comparing the two concepts and picking out the more important one. I've played tons of MP GT3 and it the collisions ruined the experience. Even if it had damage with those sorts of physics...it would still be bad. But if you fix the collisions, the game will be a lot more playable from a multiplayer POV. The biggest issue is being able to deflect yourself off of someone and point your car in the right direction while carrying all the speed you had.

Top Bottom