• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue screens

mr stroke

nelsonroyale said:
bloody hell people....!

The trailer looked great and so do these...Im sure the entire trailer was absolutely real time

Ummm and you belive this because of Sony's great track record of showing everything in real time and nothing pre-renderd:lol

gogogow

Pistolero said:
The car in the middle of the city ? Huh...Must be the CG debut sequence...
Who's got the trailer by the way ?
No it isn't.
It's photomode am back and London is in GT5 baby.

Durante

This franchise still awes me each time I see it, and I have little interest in racing games outside the Wipeout/F-Zero niche. Polyphony simply are modelling and lighting gods.

GT5.jpg

dankir

Please for the love of god let the demo have full Logitech G25 support. That will = CAKE AND MY ICE CREAM TOO

mr stroke said:
Ummm and you belive this because of Sony's great track record of showing everything in real time and nothing pre-renderd:lol

no...because Ive played GT HD and previous PD games and theyve always impressed me...surprised?

theultimo

itsgreen said:
But it should look better than for example Forza 2, just count the extra development time...
Its Polyphony's design at its best. This is what they do. Since GT1, they've been amazing for car modeling.

djkimothy

chespace said:
Good stuff. I'm definitely relieved. :D

I had no doubts and was confident all the way.

But why do they have to show photomode stuff. It looks so post processed. But if these are definitely replay mode, well then. Holy ****ing shit.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Draft said:
I don't like to make points without evidence so it sucks that the forum is crawling and search is disabled. That mustang is definitely the worse culprit but all the screens have that Forza thing going on.
I think I know what you mean.

There's definitely something not right about the whole look of the game, but I can't put my finger on it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
cjelly said:

There's definitely something not right about the whole look of the game, but I can't put my finger on it.

Riiiiiight

jett

D-Member
This effectively shits on every single other racer, period. Where are all the douches that said there was no way GTHD's detail would be mantained with multiple cars on screen? :lol

cgcg

"There's definitely something not right about the whole look of the game, but I can't put my finger on it."

I'll help you out.

P S 3

No need to thank me.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I should have the trailer online in about one hour. God damn SCEA press site, slow as hell and you can't even resume a download...

Blimblim said:
I should have the trailer online in about one hour. God damn SCEA press site, slow as hell and you can't even resume a download...

great stuff man...new site is excellent by the way...and more civil than I expected hehe

cjelly said:

The cars look like they are made out of PVC. They look like those little plastic models kits that you buy and have to put together yourself.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
nelsonroyale said:
great stuff man...new site is excellent by the way...and more civil than I expected hehe
We have a great moderation team, and zero tolerance for trolls and too enthusiastic fanboys. We have some borderline folks, but they usually don't last long.

Pimpwerx

So far, 8 cars on screen. Not bad. I demand nothing less than double-digit fields, though. 12 is the minimum. Anything more is gravy. Anything less, I'll complain. The game looks hot. I need to get the trailer ASAP. PEACE.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The cars look kind of funny compared to the amazing models in GT:HD.

Regardless, Polyphony Digital has truely mastered lighting in car games. The lighting is just fantastic.

warthog

I was like "what the hell, I don't want no stupid prologue", but after seeing the trailer, I just can't wait. Gotta have it asap.

theultimo

bloodforge said:
The cars look like they are made out of PVC. They look like those little plastic models kits that you buy and have to put together yourself.
Well, aren't cars all plastic nowadays?

FightyF

Banned
The cars (and their interiors) look fantastic.

But to be honest I think Suzuka looked better in Forza 2.

It's weird, in one shot there are razor sharp textures, and in others it's pretty blurry. Maybe there is some texture swapping as you get closer, or in replays.

Top Bottom