• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue screens

SolidSnakex said:
gt1.jpg

Incredible.

Man that looks so good I find it hard to believe it's real time.... : /

FightyF

Banned
Phoenix Fang said:
Makes me wonder if Forza 2 and PGR4 would look that good if they didn't have car damage to worry about.

In some ways yes, but when looking at Forza it was the artists that dropped the ball. With a few minor changes, the game could look completely photorealistic. So even giving them more resources wouldn't have made the game look more photorealistic. Yet compare that to PD that could get a photorealistic look on the PS2. So a huge factor is the artistry involved.

Demigod Mac said:
gt4.jpg

Mother of God...!

Thats a beautiful still..but the way they achieved that look is so ghetto..:lol
I don't want to spoil it for those who don't notice it (you have to see it in motion).

God damn..Polyphony am car model kings indeed.

Trojan X

Banned
abacab driver said:
Thats a beautiful still..but the way they achieved that look is so ghetto..:lol
I don't want to spoil it for those who don't notice it (you have to see it in motion).

God damn..Polyphony am car model kings indeed.

STOP! I'm in love with GT5 as the next guy but please keep to reality for that shot isn't real time.

If you refer back to the trailer, the actual in-game footage (and yes it still looks beautiful) kicks in from when the first building is displayed using the long strobing transition effect.

Jirotrom

TONX said:
I'm convinced Polyphony has Gandalf employed. This is magical.
Greatest f'n comment today:lol :lol :lol

to add to the thread though...I'll be purchasing a PS3 with this game next year and that new Logitech wheel. Because SONY SUPPORTS IT MICROSOFT.

Pimpwerx

In the battle of GT5 vs. reality...GT5 is winning handily. :D In Kaz we trust. Polyphony Digital Gods! Now put this in a format that won't choke my lappy. PEACE.

Jirotrom said:
Greatest f'n comment today:lol :lol :lol

to add to the thread though...I'll be purchasing a PS3 with this game next year and that new Logitech wheel. Because SONY SUPPORTS IT MICROSOFT.
OH my... :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Kai

My jaw dropped... however I was showing my officemate these and he just sent me these pics as environment shots for PGR4. Not tryin to troll because I am getting both. My personal thought is that the GT5 cars look better, but the environments are better in PGR4 These are some sick shots too that really show both games are looking good:

34643b2eb04b08.jpg

931499836468c3d667152d.jpg

1183641416.jpg

935830_20070703_screen001.jpg

969.jpg

jett

D-Member
I can say, with zero hyperbole, that GT5 looks a generation ahead any other racer. There's no comparison.

JESUS TITTY****ING CHRIST

The engine sounds are the highlight for me, there was never any doubt that GT would look ****ing a=insane but 'm really happy with hearing the new sounds. It sounds like they recorded the sounds while the engine was actually under load, and not just free spinning the wheels which gave GT all the engines a much higher pitch than reality.

Raiden

Banned
Kai said:
My jaw dropped... however I was showing my officemate these and he just sent me these pics as environment shots for PGR4. Not tryin to troll because I am getting both. My personal thought is that the GT5 cars look better, but the environments are better in PGR4 These are some sick shots too that really show both games are looking good:

*snip*

Lol dont know man, i love PGR 2 and 3, but GT 5 is another league :p

Polyphony has lost their ****ing minds! Why the hell does the driver model look more detailed than many human models in every other genre and why the hell the cars look so. ****ing. real? Is this realtime?

What the hell is going on here?

jaypah

without shitting on it's competition (because it's f*cking annoying and petty) these shots make this game look like the best thing ever in racers. well any genre really. and i'm just speaking graphically. we all know the controls will be on point.

Raistlin

WHAT!?!?!

WHAT!?!?

seriously

WHAT?!?!

My metltdown is imminent.

I honestly don't even know how to react to these pics.

MaX_PL

Banned
Pimpwerx said:
In the battle of GT5 vs. reality...GT5 is winning handily. :D In Kaz we trust. Polyphony Digital Gods! Now put this in a format that won't choke my lappy. PEACE.

i bet real physics destroy GT5.

wheres the HD trailer for this again?

goomba

Banned
DAAM i said "holy shit"

GT5 and Killzone have proved the ps3 is the superior hardware graphics wise.

Is there even a debate anymore ?

Pity I dont like car sims or FPS much.

Nozi

Banned
Are these from a photo-mode with AA or something? I haven't ever seen this amount of AA even on high-end PC titles.

Random 42

I'm not that impressed, I like the suzuka shot but the garage and forrest tunnel(wtf is going on with the environemnt there) shots looks average. I think the cars should have a bit more shine on them, but not quiet as much as forza2 used.

my god, i was starting to believe GT was in a downward spiral after 4... wit so many changes, microtransactions ripoffs... but then...

i was hoping GT would wowed me again like when i first saw GT1 or GT3... that feeling of one step ahead of every other racing game...

mission accomplished!

in kaz we trust, GT5 looks gorgeous, still has 1 year to be polished, will have up to 16 cars on track and also damage on racing cars.

the inner fanboyself keeps screaming: THE KING IS BACK BITCHES!:D

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Nozi said:
Are these from a photo-mode with AA or something? I haven't ever seen this amount of AA even on high-end PC titles.

These pictures are captures from the video itself, so either its realtime or a render

h1nch

If GT5 can come close to offering the kind of gameplay experience that Forza 2 does, then this is going to be like....racing game of the century.

I'm still sort of afraid the gameplay (read: physics and career mode) will be similar to GT4 which was pretty mediocre.

Please don't let me down Kaz.

Top Bottom