• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II update coming in October, DLC to follow

Angst said:
* Option to set slipstream to realistic

Speaking of which, as I couldn't test this on the last race on Monza and I think you could... was it indeed toned down a little since one of the lastest updates as I think it is or was it placebo?

Snubbers

Perfect timing PD!

I'll eagerly await the details of Spec II..

I feel there is a lot of stuff they need to add (leaderboards etc), I'm not sure if Spec 2 is going to be like getting another game, or if it's going to be just a few tweaks here and there..

If they get it right, I'll be up for some DLC in November, if it's just minor tweaks, then with F1 2011/FM4, I will probably give it a miss.

Angst

Risk Breaker said:
Speaking of which, as I couldn't test this on the last race on Monza and I think you could... was it indeed toned down a little since one of the lastest updates as I think it is or was it placebo?
Either it's toned down 5 % or it's the same, I can't tell. But I definitely got a big boost when overtaking Dibbz.

About loading times:
MikeE21286 said:
Pretty much this for me.

They are inexcusable.
I'd like no loading times at all, but we pretty much have to live with the pre-race loads. Loading between menus can certainly be removed altogether and that would make me happy.

Snubbers

MikeE21286 said:
Pretty much this for me.

They are inexcusable.

I find loading times OK (Installed on 320Gb PS3 Slim), it was more things like exiting a seasonal would take me back to the main home page.. so have to go back in to seasonals to restart it, or try another..

sweet, gives me a good reason to pull out the racing wheel again :D And re-install the game... had to get rid of it for the time being.

alba

Little is the new Big
Hyped! My only wish, same as when we were close to GT5's launch. SPA, GIMME SPA KAZUNORI-SAMA! <3

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Dead Man said:
Fixed 30fps should mean no tearing.
They can't keep it fixed due to weather and other things in the game. It's really unpredictable, and would require a lot of testing. That's why they chose variable framerate in the first place.

Snubbers said:
I find loading times OK (Installed on 320Gb PS3 Slim), it was more things like exiting a seasonal would take me back to the main home page.. so have to go back in to seasonals to restart it, or try another..

This.
Kicking me back to the home panel sucks. Same for buying cars, that lame ass animation and it kicks me back to home.
FIX THIS SHIT GUERRILLA... please?

And the loads are only big pre-race. 15 to 20 seconds usually, I'm okay with that.

I wish there would be day cicle and weather in all current tracks. I'd pay a thousand bucks even.

But realistically, I'd like:

Improved real surface grip, real slipstream, real mechanical damage/wear. With the option to enable on carreer mode and seasonals, dammit.
Real body roll/weight transfer. Cmon, the cars can roll already, make it reaaal, I can do some absurd skidding without flipping the car. It's good already for proper racing, but making it more realistic would give it even more edge.
G27 full support cause I'm close to buying one.
Penalties/flags.
Custom decals (even if predetermined) would be a nice addition.
Classic special suits, like Senna and Proust helmet/suit, I'd pay tons for that kind of shit too.
Photomode with racer :).

The AI. It improved quite a bit. But I feel like the cars don't push for competitve laps as they do on b-spec. And if they could at least have a more protective driving, that wouild be cool.
When you come faster than they they usually open their lines too fast, even on curves. If they did 1 or 2 protective moves, that would be nice.
Make it more dynamic. The expert challenge was a blast. But... I knew i had to make certain times to finish first, always. Instead of five laps, make it 15 and have the cars push their time, so you have to be even more on top of your skills. Seems like all drivers are in their comfort zones haha.

Damn, just sold my copy to Amazon for $35. I guess if this patch is the God Send people are hoping it will be I might pick up a used copy down the road though and check out the changes.

I stopped at X1 challenges because I was getting pretty irritated, and I know it's not PD's fault but put a fucking warning about the Ferrari not being usable in the career before I grind and save for it!

Good news though, I'll probably try it out early next year.

Dibbz

Angst said:
Either it's toned down 5 % or it's the same, I can't tell. But I definitely got a big boost when overtaking Dibbz.

About loading times:

I'd like no loading times at all, but we pretty much have to live with the pre-race loads. Loading between menus can certainly be removed altogether and that would make me happy.
Slipsteam has been toned down massively. Angst when you were overtaking I made the same mistake almost every single time. I was missing my shift point and let hit hit the limit.

Man I've waited so long for this news. Yes all over my face PD. Fucking SPec 2 and some DLC. This is going to be awesome.

DEO3

My problem is that I bought a wheel to play GT5 with, and I enjoyed playing it with a wheel so much that I can now never see myself playing it without one. Why is this a problem? Because I don't want to haul my whole wheel setup out of storage and into my living room every time I feel like playing Gran Turismo, and therefore.. I never play Gran Turismo.

Angst

DEO3 said:
My problem is that I bought a wheel to play GT5 with, and I enjoyed playing it with a wheel so much that I can now never see myself playing it without one. Why is this a problem? Because I don't want to haul my whole wheel setup out of storage and into my living room every time I feel like playing Gran Turismo, and therefore.. I never play Gran Turismo.
Have it permanently in your living room. Smack you g/f when she complains.

Problem solved. ;)

Dead Man

Meisadragon said:
They can't keep it fixed due to weather and other things in the game. It's really unpredictable, and would require a lot of testing. That's why they chose variable framerate in the first place.
Then fix the fucking tearing some other way, the shit gives me a headache!! Turn off the weather, I don't care, it's not like it looks any good in the rain anyway. Tearing is my most hated graphical flaw, I know I am in a minority, but it is bloody irritating.

Lagspike_exe said:
Answer to tearing should be triple buffering, not vsynced double buffer or God forbid locked 30 FPS.
I'll take anything if it works.

DEO3 said:
Get a wheel stand.

FFlIp.jpg
HXQSk.jpg

The Stealth Fox

There are going to be some disappointed people in this thread.

YAMAUCHI, FIX EVERYTHING!

There's definitely going to be a lot that's fixed/added though, so I'm definitely excited.

SkylineRKR

IGN has been trolled for sure. Their article is in vain.

I quit playing GT5 long ago, but Spec II might be interesting. For Prologue the Spec updates surely helped.

Snubbers

amar212 said:
Apparently, EA and Sony are best buddies for some time now. Just sayin'.

I think it'd be awesome if GT5 got Porsche, I'll miss it in FM4, but don't mind if I can get my fix via GT5, and I'm sure I'm not alone..

amar212 said:
Apparently, EA and Sony are best buddies for some time now. Just sayin'.

This is true, there was an obvious turn of events at around last years E3. Betas on PS3 earlier, exclusive content, games leading on PS3, demos being done on PS3, etc.

But still... I think the Porsche license is something EA will want to keep.

Dibbz

Metalmurphy said:
I can believe Spa.

Porsche ain't happening.
I doubt we will get any major world circuits. I'd be happy with a revamped online with proper practice and qualy sessions with proper timing displayed such as gaps between the guy ahead and the guy behind you.

i want more races like tuscania ( with variables weather/time )

Also ... people saying thing about the loading is something i can't understand ... Some other racing games are worse , and once installed GT5 is more than enough to get into a race...

It was never a problem for me ...

Top Bottom