• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 could possibly be releasing this December

PresetError

Neophyte
I'm pretty sure the next Playstation event/showcase will be all about release dates for already announced first and third party games and unannunced third party exclusives (timed or not) followed by PS5's price tag and launch date.

Having several games to look up for during PS5's year one lines up perfectly with the "fast transition" strategy. They have to frontload the catalogue as much as possible and, as I've said many times, Paystation has been mostly quiet for two years between 2018 and 2020, spacing the release of games announced in 2018's E3 or earlier. The logical conclusion is they were reserving for next gen.

Also, I expect some kind of focus towards showing upgrades of PS4 hit games on the PS5. That also lines up perfectly with fast transition between generations.

Three

The real question is where would the official FIA races be held on after GT7 releases ?
GT7 or GT
I don't think it would matter because I haven't heard any news of changes to the physics model. What we might get is dynamic time of day and dynamic weather though because they have been showing off their ray tracing.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I always felt that the reason why they showed the main menus like the campaign screen and tweak shop was to clearly convey to the viewer that the game is very far along and likely coming soon. Not to mention how long their extended uninterrupted game play segment was.
I agree. I think it's coming in December or at the latest in 2021

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Zero credibility to these leaks for those who don't remember games get delayed all the time

supernova8

Banned
It looked a bit shit in my opinion. Isn't it just a slightly modified and improved GT Sport? Even the cockpit is exactly the same yet with slightly better lighting. If it's coming out in December then it's going to be rushed and shit. It's going to be like GT5 and GT6. In other words it'll sell well because of the brand (and there'll be no other racing games to play) but it won't necessarily be a good game.

blue velvet

Saw this article on GTPlanet. I honestly don't mind if they release the game as launch title. But they can always take their time, they don't have to rush the game if it's not done yet.

Hobbygaming

So Ratchet and Clank is coming within the 1st year of the PS5. I bet Gran Turismo 7 is a launch window title as well

Bolivar687

Banned
It would be so insane if Gran Turismo 7 and Black Ops Cold War launched together, ten years after GT5 and the original Black Ops owned 2010 for me. This would be my #1 console launch ever by default.

Ironically, it would also be two games that shipped lighter versions (GT Sport with only real world tracks and BO4 with only multiplayer) while developing a full experience for 2020.

Soonest: December 2020
Latest: October 2021 (exactly 4 years after Sport)

I think it's very possible that Polyphony Digital can release GT7 by this holiday season. I highly doubt they are building it from the ground up. They're likely taking and enhancing the assets they already have from Sport and adding more content to make the singleplayer GT experience that has been sorely missed.

This will also be the first time that Polyphony Digital will not release 2 Gran Turismo games a generation.

Barnabot

Soonest: December 2020
Latest: October 2021 (exactly 4 years after Sport)

I think it's very possible that Polyphony Digital can release GT7 by this holiday season. I highly doubt they are building it from the ground up. They're likely taking and enhancing the assets they already have from Sport and adding more content to make the singleplayer GT experience that has been sorely missed.

This will also be the first time that Polyphony Digital will not release 2 Gran Turismo games a generation.
and on top of that that'd be the first time in playstation generations which p.d. would release a gran turismo game as a launch title. and also without delaying the damn game.

Hobbygaming

PS5 already have the best launch lineup of any PlayStation with Miles Morales, R&C, etc.

If they can add GT7 then well it will be truly stellar.

Another big hit in March, June and Holidays 2021 and you will have the perfection first year.
We're starting to see why they said this is their best lineup 🔥

SkylineRKR

I think GT7 won't be as far away as 5 and Sport were, but launch period i seriously doubt. i think late 2021 at earliest.

Gran Turismo releasing in December would be BIG. Like seriously BIG BIG. Getting Gran Turismo releases in a timely manner has been a problem for a while, so getting it at release, before Christmas, would be crazy. Ratchet & Clank... not so much, it's one of those franchises that had some pull, but has had so many releases, with quality problems, so that it isn't a big title, at least anymore.

Sonys first party lineup is pretty thin at launch....still better than the ps2 launch titles as Spiderman is pretty much a dlc bundled into a single game
but HZD2 is probably next year and Gran Turismo ...5 years away

Hobbygaming

Sonys first party lineup is pretty thin at launch....still better than the ps2 launch titles as Spiderman is pretty much a dlc bundled into a single game
but HZD2 is probably next year and Gran Turismo ...5 years away
Spider-man is a standalone game
Horizon Forbidden West - 2021
Ratchet and Clank 2020 - 2021
Astro's Playroom - 2020
Demon Souls is probably a launch window game as well

That's great for the 1st year

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
nope.gif

cragarmi

Silly bump, but although it won't be Dec, I expect it in first quarter of new year. They wanted it ready for launch, but Covid-19 meant it would not ready in time. It can't be far off! 🏎️

Top Bottom