• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
WTF, the game said it saved, but now I'm back to where I was before I played today. :/ Oh well, I'll just grind Criminal Records a bit tomorrow and remod my cars. It still sucks, though. 2 hours of work down the drain.

Ploid 3.0

WTF, the game said it saved, but now I'm back to where I was before I played today. :/ Oh well, I'll just grind Criminal Records a bit tomorrow and remod my cars. It still sucks, though. 2 hours of work down the drain.

Probably best to wait for a fix before losing it all over again. The latest patch messed some stuff up. Beta

torontoml

Do you guys that have games not saving back out to single player through the dpad?

medze

So what's with the race around the jail? 3/4 of the races I try to join are on that course with 1-2 laps like they are trying to grind points but you don't really get that much.

Best to do 3-4 laps. Set it on "Personal Record" (does this matter?) and make sure to beat your lap time on each lap. It's very good rp, something like 4k per race iirc.

Ploid 3.0

Any word on if the patch did anything to glitchers?

Nothing done to glitchers. GTA 5 PC with iCEnhancer next gen looks better than real life.

Do you guys that have games not saving back out to single player through the dpad?

I backed out with Dpad, newly created character vanished because I guess it didn't save. It should have saved after the race and it had other chances to save as well. I got up to being told to get new threads.

DevilDawg

Banned
Since the main crew is full, is there another crew GAF members can join?

GAF = DevilDawg
PSN = BinaryBear21

That is my info, I would really like to play with a tight community.

Omni

Is saving glitched? I keep getting an error message about the cloud, but like 30 seconds later it apparently works.

God I hope not. I've ranked up quite a few times today. If I lose anything I'm done.

Ploid 3.0

Is saving glitched? I keep getting an error message about the cloud, but like 30 seconds later it apparently works.

God I hope not. I've ranked up quite a few times today. If I lose anything I'm done.

Yes it is. Be careful, maybe try to get the game to save multiple times, though doing that you may trigger it to freeze and you will be screwed if it never saved.

Since the main crew is full, is there another crew GAF members can join?

GAF = DevilDawg
PSN = BinaryBear21

That is my info, I would really like to play with a tight community.

Another Gaf PSN crew is Neogaf The Third. http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/neogaf_the_third

DevilDawg

Banned
I got that error earlier. After I did a race, I got a pop up that said "save successful" and everything was there when I logged in later.

AReed

How long did it take? Because I was playing for over an hour both times.

Around 5 minutes every time.

It said that after 4 races once i went back to free mode, BUT I just quit my online session and went back on, NOTHING saved.

I leveled up too..well I did and have nothing to show for it >_>

That's weird because all of my progress saved. At least I think it did. My socialclub profile looks like it should.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Just Deserts races gives out some good RP if you're solo'n

like 1080rp for a 2 lap race

It'll be hard to top that until PC version with capture software, or unless streamers with capture cards take some interesting stuff. I'm assuming this was taken with the ingame camera phone. Excellent National Geographic ranking shot.

Edit:

Oh a few hours ago I created a new character, did a few of the first missions, went back to SP because it put me in a full room eventually. So I go back to solo and it shows me the character select with 0 characters to select from (new PSN account, I only had 1 character here). All that crap for nothing. My lost character cemetery is overflowing. I only created it because of the supposed better character creator claim. It look pretty much the same to me.
Yeah, from the ingame phone. Online friend was in the tank, waited to snap a good one of when he was shooting down a helicopter.
KuGsj.gif

That actually looks sick
Thanks! BaldwinTheFirst is my social club account, but it's pretty much the most perfect picture I've taken yet, so the others kinda let down. lol

The Light

I just accepted a survival mission and joined before it started. Yet once the mission starts something weird happened. Its like i died idk. It wouldn't even let me spectate and sent me back into the world. Then i got the message I left a mission early for before finishing and if i keep doing i will become a bad sport.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I have a question about Crew levels. I created a crew before GTAO launched. We have people in it. These people have been playing GTAO since it launched, maybe not that regularly, but we've been playing, sometimes together. The crew tag shows up in the game. We can locate each other. The custom crew ranks also display as we level up. But on the Social Site. the Crew level is at 1, and it doesn't show any RP gained. What gives? I'm not even sure what the Crew level is for in GTAO, because it's so poorly explained, but the data doesn't look... correct?

I run the GAF crew so I can speak to some of these points.

IT'S TOTALLY BROKEN.

The social club site is hot garbage. I with the help of Wired Wrong have been trying to determine who plays and who doesn't. Some people that I know I've played with personally are showing very little playtime. Some people have glitched profiles that don't show anything at all. It's been a giant pain in the ass to manage a maxed out 300 person crew. I pray to the R* gods daily that things will get better since this is actually a paid beta. (it makes me feel better to call GTAO that)

Rockstar doesn't document anything so I haven't a clue what the crew level is, how it changes, what it means or where to find it.

Are you talking about when you are on the crew homepage and click the "GTA ONLINE" tab. If so when I do that for Gaming Age Family next to my name is also a 1

While on that page if I scroll down to the leaderboard and click on "Crew Ranking" there is a message that says :
"Stay tuned for Overall RP Crew Rankings. In the meantime, you can use the dropdown to access the different Crew Rankings across Jobs and Minigames."

If I click on member ranking it shows me all of 8 people at a time. Again a major pain when trying to deal with a 300 person crew. I've created tickets, emailed R* devs and PR and still haven't received anything other than a canned response to the tickets I've created begging for them to allow GAF the same exemption other gaming sites have. Example IGN has a 22,000+ member crew.

Now that I think about it maybe they are doing me a HUGE favor by not giving GAF the exemption due to all of the issues explained above. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help. I'll shutup now and stop venting.....

eival

4 patches in 2 weeks, all of them only focused on fixing the 2-3 ways you could actually earn RP and money suitable enough for the tasks you had to do to earn it with a bunch of back talk and runaround about "oh no, we really dont care if you do that, really, plus we're gonna fix that replay issue cause thats a bug" meanwhile you wasted enough time to figure out how to patch those 2-3 ways, while not actually fixing the griefing issues in the game.

but good news the micro transactions should be up and running again!

Joining a game is a pain in the ass, can't believe there is not a lobby or menues to do that, each time I get a message I can't join something, and happens really often, I got back to a random session if not to the single player campaing just to try joining again and repeat the process.

duckroll

I run the GAF crew so I can speak to some of these points.

IT'S TOTALLY BROKEN.

The social club site is hot garbage. I with the help of Wired Wrong have been trying to determine who plays and who doesn't. Some people that I know I've played with personally are showing very little playtime. Some people have glitched profiles that don't show anything at all. It's been a giant pain in the ass to manage a maxed out 300 person crew. I pray to the R* gods daily that things will get better since this is actually a paid beta. (it makes me feel better to call GTAO that)

Rockstar doesn't document anything so I haven't a clue what the crew level is, how it changes, what it means or where to find it.

Are you talking about when you are on the crew homepage and click the "GTA ONLINE" tab. If so when I do that for Gaming Age Family next to my name is also a 1

While on that page if I scroll down to the leaderboard and click on "Crew Ranking" there is a message that says :
"Stay tuned for Overall RP Crew Rankings. In the meantime, you can use the dropdown to access the different Crew Rankings across Jobs and Minigames."

If I click on member ranking it shows me all of 8 people at a time. Again a major pain when trying to deal with a 300 person crew. I've created tickets, emailed R* devs and PR and still haven't received anything other than a canned response to the tickets I've created begging for them to allow GAF the same exemption other gaming sites have. Example IGN has a 22,000+ member crew.

Now that I think about it maybe they are doing me a HUGE favor by not giving GAF the exemption due to all of the issues explained above. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help. I'll shutup now and stop venting.....

Sounds like an awful experience. At least I know I'm not the only one who's totally confused as to what's going on when I try to check stuff on the Social Club site. I've been thinking of sending a ticket to clarify some stuff, but I didn't want to do so without knowing that I'm not missing something obvious. From the sounds of it though, it wouldn't do any good anyway. The entire system seems broken and just poorly explained. What a pain. :(

EekTheKat

Yeah I think it's time to step away from this game for a while, played a little this afternoon and none of my progress saved when I logged in tonight.

Did a few simple tests, and the online game isn't saving at all. Rockstar says to give it a few hours to update but that does not seem to be the case given I logged in the afternoon, came back at night to find none of it counted. And yes I exit manually to the single player each time through the menu before logging.

It's inexcusable at this point to be still losing data/progress.

Nothing done to glitchers. GTA 5 PC with iCEnhancer next gen looks better than real life.

Glad to hear about glitchers, um for no particular reason...

Just for clarification, the pics I posted were of real life. I had to do some work in downtown (Los Angeles) and decided to snap a few pics. The blur is a result of me driving while taking pictures, lol.

FYI, L.A. traffic is a nightmare, took me about an hour or so to get from downtown to PCH, but it was on a Friday. After noon...

Eusis

They recognize that when it comes to playing GTA 90% of the playerbase become complete sociopaths. Even the best of us probably can't resist just ramming into someone walking along the sidewalk.

And man, I was hoping for the free money today! Guess I'll keep waiting, especially after the issues revealed.

Imm0rt4l

wait a second, so they have a "bad player pool" for killing each other but now they want to encourage it!?

uHF0Iaq.jpg

How is that encouraging being a bad sport. Killing another player in freemode is part of the game, it's expected. Bad sport pool isn't for killing other people.

So, you have any idea what happens what 8 luxors all try and fly through the first checkpoint at the same time? Because I wish I had captured it.

Omni

Fuck me.

After a day of playing, I've lost 5 ranks because of this server shit. And it doesn't even make sense in the slightest. It saved my car and all the upgrades, and yet can't seem to recognise that I couldn't have applied said upgrades without being a higher rank than I am.

So frustrated. There's no excuse for this, agaaaaain.

I have the special edition. Apparently we get a free garage? Where do we find it?

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
As someone who has been playing this game largely solo with only internet-based crew members, this online portion is a flop. I've got no interest in continuing now at level 72. The AI having aimbot skills is not fun or necessary, and the idiotic nerfs on everything that players discover as an advantage is just absolutely stupid.

Ugh, fuck online. GTA4 was more fun. They learned nothing from that to this.

KAP151

Fuck me.

After a day of playing, I've lost 5 ranks because of this server shit. And it doesn't even make sense in the slightest. It saved my car and all the upgrades, and yet can't seem to recognise that I couldn't have applied said upgrades without being a higher rank than I am.

So frustrated. There's no excuse for this, agaaaaain.

I have the special edition. Apparently we get a free garage? Where do we find it?

Were you over at Sandy Shores before shooting at the asshole in the Buzzard? I think I killed you accidentally. I switched over from free aim to assisted to see if it helped my latency and wasnt (still arent) used to the aiming. You got me back, but sorry if it was you.

Omni

Were you over at Sandy Shores before shooting at the asshole in the Buzzard? I think I killed you accidentally. I switched over from free aim to assisted to see if it helped my latency and wasnt (still arent) used to the aiming. You got me back, but sorry if it was you.

Yeap!. I saw you on the map and thought I'd try to help out.... not that it did any good! He blew me up as I was fleeing in a plane, haha

A friend and I commandeered some big rigs up at Paleto Bay. We proceeded to make our way down the west coast, trailers and all.

We cut onto that road that bends along the river near where those two bridges are and the parachute jumps. It's quite a tight little dirt road with some hairy corners, but we made it just fine in convoy.

Along that road there were two other players, I have no idea what they were doing there, jet skiing in the river or something but when we passed we honked the truck horns and they just kind of stopped what they were doing and stared as these two huge semi-trailers came trundling down this little road. Gave us a good laugh.

Then we left the trailers in front of a LSC while people were in there.

Top Bottom