• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Ploid 3.0

From another player or the store clerk?

Another player, first shot. I was walking out the door because I knew he couldn't do anything to me. Must have aimed away from pointing directly at me and the cone area hit me. Shotgun effective against passive people, like cars, grenades, and rpg. You just can't shoot while pointing at passives I guess, but they can take secondary damage.

I think I realized how I fucked up on that juror mission, ugh. I had sniped a guy on the balcony in the hills to the west, but either he wasn't one of the jurors or he was a cop, or there was a second juror that shows up right there after you kill the first. He was dressed like a civilian, but I didn't look to see whether it counted as a juror kill because of the cops surrounding the house. I noticed another red ring appear on the radar, but that I thought it was an angry pedestrian after I stole their car. The same thing happened in the previous attempt.

By the time I saw the marker back in the hills, it was too late. I have those spots marked on the map now though; I need to check that spot out first thing next time to see what's actually going on there.

Not enough people do parachuting. At least in that you can't get rammed out of the race.

You can, sort of. I've gotten bumped by another player and missed the center of a checkpoint.

Imm0rt4l

I think I realized how I fucked up on that juror mission, ugh. I had sniped a guy on the balcony in the hills to the west, but either he wasn't one of the jurors or he was a cop, or there was a second juror that shows up right there after you kill the first. He was dressed like a civilian, but I didn't look to see whether it counted as a juror kill because of the cops surrounding the house. I noticed another red ring appear on the radar, but that I thought it was an angry pedestrian after I stole their car. The same thing happened in the previous attempt.

By the time I saw the marker back in the hills, it was too late. I have those spots marked on the map now though; I need to check that spot out first thing next time to see what's actually going on there.

You can, sort of. I've gotten bumped by another player and missed the center of a checkpoint.
Also I think bikes might be better for this mission given their mobility. I could have probably gotten the guy riding in the squad car in vinewood hills and the one south of him if I were on a motorcycle or dirtbike.

There was this "lagger","glitcher" or "asshole", whatever you want to call them, tonight in my game with a buddy of mine. Kept on killing me, so I went to ram him with my car, did It a few times, yet I couldn't kill him, ran him over about 5 times, kept on rolling on his body on the ground, yet nothing. Then boom, I get killed by the same guy with a shotgun that just happens to be blinking/flashing at the side of my car.

His PSN name was "IBlameLag". Real asshole. I feel like name shaming on this game should definitely be allowed, if that badplayer pool can't work for shit, at least we could ignore some of them on our own.

Ardenyal

240k in cash and 3 levels gone. Tried jumping between sessions to make sure it has saved before quitting to single player.

Pretty upset right now :/

There was this "lagger","glitcher" or "asshole", whatever you want to call them, tonight in my game with a buddy of mine. Kept on killing me, so I went to ram him with my car, did It a few times, yet I couldn't kill him, ran him over about 5 times, kept on rolling on his body on the ground, yet nothing. Then boom, I get killed by the same guy with a shotgun that just happens to be blinking/flashing at the side of my car.

His PSN name was "IBlameLag". Real asshole. I feel like name shaming on this game should definitely be allowed, if that badplayer pool can't work for shit, at least we could ignore some of them on our own.
I hate that. I found the only way to kill these laggers or whatever is to run then over and keep the car on top of them until they die. Make some adjustments to make sure they don't escape from beneath your car.

So last night I bought an apartment and was left with $30000, today I still have the apartment but also have the money I spent to buy it, this must be the most beneficial glitch I've came across.

Batigol

Banned
I fully upgraded my Adder with everything, including the chrome paintwork.

Officially bored with the game now lol

I'd do some missions, but the matchmaking is garbage. Invites the same people over and over and you can't even get 4

So, a quick question, does everyone have more baseball caps than just this one?

My friend's character has some blue and white one, but I only have the chavy looking one ,of which I choose not to wear on principle due to how bad it looks.

There is a glitch/setting that certain hair styles can only wear certain caps. Somebody found that if they switch their hairstyle, they can then put on a hat, and then switch it back to the style they had before.

Todahawk that 30+ min jet race/dog fight was great. Wish there was an actual dog fight mode where you could constantly respawn in jets.

Is there a jet deathmatch?

There is. It's awesome.

There's an LTS with up to ... 8 jets I believe, and also a standard death match with 4 jets. One of them takes off at Sandy Shores airstrip. It's pretty great.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
There is a glitch/setting that certain hair styles can only wear certain caps. Somebody found that if they switch their hairstyle, they can then put on a hat, and then switch it back to the style they had before.

Ah, I'll check that out when I next get on, cheers.

Omni

Decided to pop on for a few hours before bed. Earned a fair bit of cash and ranked up again... And I wasn't getting the save error so I presumed things were working again. Well for shits I just switched out of online to campaign, dashboarded and loaded it all up again. And nothing has been saved.

At this point I don't care about the 500k that we're supposedly getting. I literally can't buy anything decent becuase it seems like whenever I even get close to rank 20-25, I either lose my character or my progress stops saving. Coupled with other annoyances in the game and all I can say is what a load of shit. Trading this in tomorrow. I just don't have the patience to grind for hours and hours, only for it to mean nothing. I just can't

seinfield.gif

Ouch.

Getting 'Saving failed - unable to connect to the Rockstar game services" message on my screen continuously.

Guess I will just mess around with the Annihilator in the mean time, I don't suggest anyone do any grinding or missions right now, or spend any money.

Decided to pop on for a few hours before bed. Earned a fair bit of cash and ranked up again... And I wasn't getting the save error so I presumed things were working again. Well for shits I just switched out of online to campaign, dashboarded and loaded it all up again. And nothing has been saved.

At this point I don't care about the 500k that we're supposedly getting. I literally can't buy anything decent becuase it seems like whenever I even get close to rank 20-25, I either lose my character or my progress stops saving. Coupled with other annoyances in the game and all I can say is what a load of shit. Trading this in tomorrow. I just don't have the patience to grind for hours and hours, only for it to mean nothing. I just can't

seinfield.gif

Give it time to update:

Their support page says it's a delay in statistics. Does this mean our stats will update eventually, including the backlog of stuff that's been missed?

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc...10-18-13-Cash-and-RP-not-saving-in-GTA-Online

eival

even tho the cloud servers are down according to them its up. and the exclamation mark is only concerning delays in saving, not that its inaccessible at all

ZsGEhjQ.jpg

more PR please, you've shown to be so great at it so far with everything associated with GTA 5, but remember, who are we to complain, they gave us Online for "FREE"

EDIT-wait my fault, last updated friggen 12 hours ago, thats great, so its not even a realistic survey of the network, its someone who has to log in and manually change it to say either "UP or DOWN"....lol are you kidding me?

Tried to log in just now, then I was greeted by this:

"The Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable right now only disc content will be available and saving will be disabled. Are you sure you would like to proceed?"
Yeah, no. Thanks for the heads up this time, at least.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Tried to log in just now, then I was greeted by this:

"The Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable right now only disc content will be available and saving will be disabled. Are you sure you would like to proceed?"

JrxKETs.gif

Pretty inexcusable at this point. We are several weeks out from launch, several nerfed patches from launch, and still just as close to a launch state as we were on Oct 1st. Except now we get less money and RP from jobs.

How I see what RockStar Priorities should be:
  • Fix online, like completely.
  • Allow us to stay with our friends and club memebers even if we quit your shitty playlist suggestions.
  • Make the social club usable for large crews.
  • Stop sucking fun out of the game.
  • ???
  • Profit. (from cash cards)

o_O Apparently I'm fourth overall for RP with the crew...

Oh and yes, I relented after being pissed off about how much time I wasted and money I lost from the BS and tried the LSC thing with an expensive custom car, I didn't do much of it, just a little over a million which ended up going into a replacement car plus mods and mods for another car where the mods were reset. Didn't last long, was going to buy an apartment on a second character to get that damn property trophy that didn't trigger but money ran out and I didn't bother doing it again.

I have the special edition. Apparently we get a free garage? Where do we find it?

Only the CE people got a free garage.

Speaking of, is there an RS in this game? Or does the sultan just have RS style mods.

Gonna do some Criminal Records for a few levels until I hit 40, anyone up for it? (PS3)

There isn't a separate Sultan RS to find. If you mod the regular Sultan, some of the options will turn one into the RS, including proper badging on the rear and sides. The game still lists it as a "Sultan" when getting in or inspecting in the garage though.

Grinchy

Banned
240k in cash and 3 levels gone. Tried jumping between sessions to make sure it has saved before quitting to single player.

Pretty upset right now :/

That's a lot to lose, that sucks. I lost a lot less but I lost it after the game timed me out when I was joining a mission. It sent me to single player and when I went back, my entire night's progress was gone.

I doubt it is just a matter of "delayed statistics" since the social club site hasn't changed back to what it should be.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
wait a second, so they have a "bad player pool" for killing each other but now they want to encourage it!?

uHF0Iaq.jpg

Shooting each other in the face is fine. The "Bad Sport" pool is for destroying people's personal vehicle even though you can't really tell if it's a personal vehicle, and vehicles get destroyed on occasion when you're defending yourself legitimately. The "Bad Sport" system seems like a completely dumb idea.
"Passive mode" is also a completely broken joke.

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
I played last night and lost 4 levels and about $150k. I waited until this morning to check if it would update and it did. I'm not angry anymore.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
jesu christ

I level'd to 31 3 times in 12 hours and nothing is saving

fuck this game

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Played earlier today and just logged back on to the same state I was in yesterday, went from 41 down to 35. I'm not going to bother trying today...

duckroll

Rockstar is still claiming that its simply a case of "delayed" updating of stats. But it's going to be hilarious (for me at least, since I'm not playing until they fix this shit) if it turns out that they are unable to append the backdated data, and everyone loses all their progress in the last day or two.

This entire Online fiasco has gone on for long enough. I seriously can't believe it's still in this pathetic state after almost 3 weeks.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
its not a delay in stats anymore, my game can't connect to the game servers to save

Is there a group playing at the moment, which GAF crew should I join? Im really sick of going into online modes and finding them to be ghost towns. I would love to try some of the Jet races/ deathmatches but finding people who play is impossible.

I would also love to do some jobs if people are doing them?

Top Bottom