• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Welp, my friend got his car exploded 3 times by a random, destroyed the random's car once and is now in the bad sport servers for 2 days. The fact that we can't even play private sessions or jobs is incredibly dumb, especially since after this weekend my xbl sub runs out. Oh well, good riddance I still have the exponentially better designed sp.

Grimsen

Gonna get myself a FIB car.

Although my government issue Exemplar is pretty boss.

0_0.jpg

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Ok...how in the fuck do the cops on top of roofs when it's no ladder?

I leaned against an a/c unit on a roof and this muthafucker comes by strollin like it's on street level.

It's like the NPCs like the mechanic..you see him walk off, if you turn so he'll be out of view, he vanishes.

_Isaac

So do any of the NeoGAF crews get together and set stuff up or something? I've been trying to play on my own online, but it really is a bit of a boring experience. I think I'm like barely level eleven.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
As of right now there really isn't any point leveling past 120, do you guys think rockstar will actually add new missions/weapons/ other content for people who decide to go that far? I mean you have all these levels but there is no incentive.

I think if you get to 120 the game should self destruct and hand you your life back.

Hey You

Is anyone randomly getting kicked (by other players) in free roam. Sometimes when in off doing my own thing or even before I've fully loaded the lobby.
How do I bookmark a mission?
Left bumper. I think when you are on the scoreboard waiting for people to like/dislike.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
How do I bookmark a mission?

All I want is the heavy sniper rifle you get around level 90 and I'm good. But seriously, what's the point of having all these levels?

A sense of progression I guess, metering out features. I think there does come a point where you have 'completed' the game through. Whether you play more would depend on how much you like the game. For an average human, level 120 would take a damn long time, much longer than most people will play for.

Feels like the PS3GAF crew is dying. Up until about a week and a half ago I could always count on "join crew members" to get me into a session with some other crew member. 3 particular crew members aside, I'm surprised if I see anyone else at this point. With a 300 member crew, that's pretty telling.

I'm definitely starting to feel some fatigue myself. At this point I spend most of my time in free roam hunting people who have bounties. I still love racing, but I don't love the same 3 races everyone wants to play just to grind. Just today I joined a game where the people were picking every race but the usual 3-4, and I ended up racing 4 tracks that I had never done before, and I have like 250 finished races. I haven't played an actual mission in like 2 weeks.

I don't know.. I think the lack of stimulus + the flagrant glitching = less players overall. I mean when you have players talking about they logged in and got run down immediately but multiple people with vehicles that aren't available online and then just camped... there's problems.

Where can I find the Biff truck? Some guy picked up some friends and I, along with some other people. We were all riding in the back and wouldn't fall off no matter how fast we went. and it was awesome

The Ratloader acts like a semi in that you can ride on top of it without flying off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N0VNBF2Dvk
Probs around the dock area / the long road travelling north from it that goes past the LS customs, that's where i see most of the trucks spawn, but it's quite hit and miss much like all veicle spawning.

you can also car surf on (as well in) the Mule, the Rubble, the Flatbed, those trucks that usually say Mr Freeze on the side or something (the Benson?) and the Pounder.

there may be more but i stop and hop on a truck whenever i see one to see if i fall off or not, and those trucks all work. Oh and the long articulated trucks with trailers, you can even land helicopters on while they're driving around - i bet you could put a car on the flatbed truck and have it stay on while you drive - you can put bikes in the back of the Mule / hide in NPC driven mules which is super fun if you've got a bounty.

you can ctrl+f the vehicles i mentioned if you're not familiar with them.

http://www.igta5.com/vehicles

Yeah, I haven't been on a whole lot either lately, especially the last couple days where almost all of my free time has been eaten up by finally getting around to play my free copy of Civilization V.

I had fun last night with Pyccko racing and flying off mountains while farming Criminal Records. I noticed that they lowered the RP cap for it because I would recieve the maximum RP message after lap 2. After that, I modded my $90,000 car into a $100,000 car which I will be selling over and over again tonight. man, you think a million is a lot but you can go through it very quickly.

We've been able to get the RP cap just after starting the third lap since this was discovered.

I was watching a stream and the duder had 5000 ammo in in his AK...how come I can only hold 800 or so my carbine?

Shooting skill level based just like single player.

Ted

I still love racing, but I don't love the same 3 races everyone wants to play just to grind. Just today I joined a game where the people were picking every race but the usual 3-4, and I ended up racing 4 tracks that I had never done before, and I have like 250 finished races. I haven't played an actual mission in like 2 weeks.

I had been getting pissed off with this as well. I kept using Quick Race to join races and three out of four lobbies I joined were just driving round in circles on either that stupid Criminal Records track or Down the Drain (which can at least be fun once or twice).

Last night I just said fuck it I'll host some races even if there is only a few people in the room. Anyway, no real takers to start with but one of the BGAF guys joined me and then another guy, after a few good races (nice one Jedeye, clean and fast as ever) it was back to me and one random but the room did eventually fill (eight players anyway) and we had some really good races in a number of different classes. I had I think my first SUV race, a couple of compact races and a few others on a whole manner of tracks, it was nice to get a bit of variety for a change and I don't think I saw a Dubai spec chrome Adder all night!

Quite a few who joined and stayed made comments along the lines of "at last, finally a room with people racing not grinding!" so I think there is a growing frustration with "Closed" not meaning closed and more generally with the number of yawn-fest grinding lobbies.

Anyone who enjoys racing, feel free to add me, my PSN is in my profile.

My new favourite thing:

0_0.jpg

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I had been getting pissed off with this as well. I kept using Quick Race to join races and three out of four lobbies I joined were just driving round in circles on either that stupid Criminal Records track or Down the Drain (which can at least be fun once or twice).

Last night I just said fuck it I'll host some races even if there is only a few people in the room. Anyway, no real takers to start with but one of the BGAF guys joined me and then another guy, after a few good races (nice one Jedeye, clean and fast as ever) it was back to me and one random but the room did eventually fill (eight players anyway) and we had some really good races in a number of different classes. I had I think my first SUV race, a couple of compact races and a few others on a whole manner of tracks, it was nice to get a bit of variety for a change and I don't think I saw a Dubai spec chrome Adder all night!

Quite a few who joined and stayed made comments along the lines of "at last, finally a room with people racing not grinding!" so I think there is a growing frustration with "Closed" not meaning closed and more generally with the number of yawn-fest grinding lobbies.

Anyone who enjoys racing, feel free to add me, my PSN is in my profile.

My new favourite thing:

0_0.jpg

Yeah man that was fun, had to get off after a while though cos I was knackered. I felt a bit guilty because every race we did I had a custom car ready for :p tbh I really like small races like that with a few folks, it is really personal and fun. Especially when everyone is cool and trying to race clean. Accidents will happen, but I hate people who try to run me off the road.

I finally have all the engine unlocks for the sports class, my Sultan is a nippy little beast now. At the moment the car upgrade system is keeping me hooked in the game, but once I have a garage full of cars I might have had my fill. I hope the new content starts coming soon.

But who am I kidding, sometimes just dicking with people in free roam is fun enough.

Ted

Jedeye, I'd taken the old man to fireworks so was pretty tipsy, not sure if you could hear me garbling on the mic.

I felt a bit guilty because every race we did I had a custom car ready for :p

That's cool, I like seeing nice custom cars. I chuckled when you won a muscle car race in your "Dominator"... Mr Shades of Grey.

I finally have all the engine unlocks for the sports class, my Sultan is a nippy little beast now.

I love my Sultan, it's my free-roam go to car (four doors) but because we are limited to 10 cars eventually it may have to go. I have another sports class car (Rapid GT, wicked fast, rear tyres made of butter, fun) and my fetish for vans means I don't think I'll be able to afford class repetition in the future.

At the moment the car upgrade system is keeping me hooked in the game, but once I have a garage full of cars I might have had my fill. I hope the new content starts coming soon.

Once you have them you need to use them (and beat folk in them!) but I agree, I really want some new co-op content though I still think there are a few missions I've either not done or not been able to do in a suitably BGAF way (stylishly).

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Is anyone randomly getting kicked (by other players) in free roam. Sometimes when in off doing my own thing or even before I've fully loaded the lobby.

Yeah, I was put into a lobby after exiting the job voting menu and was kicked without warning two minutes later. Hadn't done anything to the other players, was just trying to deliver a car to Simeon.

Codeblew

The cap for ammo on all the guns, is 9999. The cap for grenades, stickbombs and tear gas is 25. You should be able to hit the caps by around lvl 30-40 if I recall.

anyone (ps3) feel like racing tonight?

want to get a good race lobby going - custom cars off, catchup off, maybe a couple GTA Races thrown in.

Post up if you're interested, I'll be hosting in around half hour or so :)

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Lol, there was a guy with a bounty on him who was on top of a tall building, so I ran around finding a good spot to snipe him from. Two guys in a helicopter came to rescue him, but I somehow managed to snipe him after they flew really far away.

zma1013

Feels like the PS3GAF crew is dying. Up until about a week and a half ago I could always count on "join crew members" to get me into a session with some other crew member. 3 particular crew members aside, I'm surprised if I see anyone else at this point. With a 300 member crew, that's pretty telling.

I'm definitely starting to feel some fatigue myself. At this point I spend most of my time in free roam hunting people who have bounties. I still love racing, but I don't love the same 3 races everyone wants to play just to grind. Just today I joined a game where the people were picking every race but the usual 3-4, and I ended up racing 4 tracks that I had never done before, and I have like 250 finished races. I haven't played an actual mission in like 2 weeks.

Gaf needs to consolidate it's various crews into one public group. 300 ain't that much.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Lesson learned: always make sure that the guy who's shooting at you isn't part of a crew before retaliating.

... I felt like a seal being tossed between five killer whales.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I joined a random server and proceeded to kill this one guy a few times. He called mercs on me, but I retreated to my apartment. He then buzzed my apartment, so I let him in, and he gave me the bird. :p

Now we're just chilling in my apartment.

Also, why is there a woman on my computer?

0_0.jpg

He's not the best guest. :(

0_0.jpg

Qwell

Well I hadn't played in a few days as BF4 has been eating up my time, but a friend wanted to play some GTA5 so I log in, we are just horsing around for a bit, I notice a guy with a bounty that we chase around. Unfortunately a random member of NGAF (PS3) got a little close while I was sticky bombing the bounties car, and now I'm wearing the dunce cap :( Can't play with my friend anymore, can't play with my crew, and then my friend ended up killing the random NGAF guy a few times before I could tell him to stop and only focus on the guy with the bounty.

Sorry crewmate, I was trying to tell my friend no :( And this bad stuff is dumb, really hope they change that. I can understand for people that are like cheating, or quitting missions all the time or whatever, but blowing up cars shouldn't put you in the bad sports corner :(

Well I hadn't played in a few days as BF4 has been eating up my time, but a friend wanted to play some GTA5 so I log in, we are just horsing around for a bit, I notice a guy with a bounty that we chase around. Unfortunately a random member of NGAF (PS3) got a little close while I was sticky bombing the bounties car, and now I'm wearing the dunce cap :( Can't play with my friend anymore, can't play with my crew, and then my friend ended up killing the random NGAF guy a few times before I could tell him to stop and only focus on the guy with the bounty.

Sorry crewmate, I was trying to tell my friend no :( And this bad stuff is dumb, really hope they change that. I can understand for people that are like cheating, or quitting missions all the time or whatever, but blowing up cars shouldn't put you in the bad sports corner :(

Damn Qwell that sucks. I'm waiting on next gen BF4 personally. Lol

Qwell

Damn Qwell that sucks. I'm waiting on next gen BF4 personally. Lol

Oh I'm playing the PC version so its pretty darn next gen for me. Looks so dang tasty, just hope they fix the stability issues, I've been playing TDM servers with low tickets since if I play a match that lasts more than 10 minutes there is a high chance the server will crash and I lose all the progress I made during that match.

Speaking of bad sport, after 55 hours of game time I just destroyed someones personal vehicle for the first time.

I'm standing next to my motorcycle screwing around with my phone, and some guy decides to try and run me over. I dodge, then he flips a U-Turn and tries again and clips me -- but doesn't kill me. While I'm still laying on the ground I'm like "alright, as soon as I get up he's getting an ass full of AP Pistol."

But, the second I get up he hits me again and kills me. I'm pissed; moreso because when he drove towards me the first time I knew I should have just shot him instead of assuming he was friendly. When I re-spawned he was pretty far away, so I call Lester and hide my blip on the map. I catch up to him and start shooting up his ride, blow out the tires and he's obviously trying to figure out what's going on and not shooting back. I kill him and it was kind of satisfying but I wanted more. So I call Mercenaries on him. Then I call Lamar to send a Mugger after him. Then I set a $10,000 bounty on his head.

I hide my blip one more time, and when I catch up to him again he is fighting off the mercenaries and jumps into his car to get away. I follow him, shooting the hell out of his car and he hits the side of a building and tries backing out. I jump off my bike and unload two more full clips of AP Pistol ammo into his car and it blows up, killing him and he leaves right after.

It really annoys me when people just randomly try to kill you. I spent like $20,000 to make sure that dude kept dying.

Played a bit with Kurt-Nissan and it was fun just killing everyone for no reason.

But it got kind of old. I don't think i'll be playing this all that much any longer....

Top Bottom