• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Daze (Vita, Team Siren) massive screens and info

I hope this is a launch title. When they first showed off some of the NGP games this was the one that looked the most interesting to me.

Andrefpvs said:
It's funny that I don't know that much about this game except that it will be mine.

I feel the same way. Ever since I saw it in the first then-NGP games reel it stuck out at me as one I probably had to have.

Kaizer

Banned
Looks awesome, remember seeing this in the initial NGP Trailer and now in the PS Vita Reel yesterday. Definitely the game that has peaked my interest the most right now.

Replicant

I'm torn between wanting a new SIREN game and acknowledging that visually this does look very good. I hope the gameplay is interesting too.

Replicant said:
I'm torn between wanting a new SIREN game and acknowledging that visually this does look very good. I hope the gameplay is interesting too.

We'll probably get another Siren, but i'm guessing that Toyama just wanted to do something different for now. He's worked on nothing but horror games for over 10 years.

Replicant

SolidSnakex said:
We'll probably get another Siren, but i'm guessing that Toyama just wanted to do something different for now. He's worked on nothing but horror games for over 10 years.

I suppose so. At this point though, I'd take any new horror game from him. It doesn't even have to be Siren, if it means he'd get to work on something new (albeit still in horror-realm :p). I just love horror games, especially his creations (Silent Hill, Siren).

SolidSnakex said:

Is Siren any good? was that the episodic PSN PS3 game? Worth seeking out now?

SCE has had female leads before.

Right off the top of my head:

Major Kusanagi
Heavy Rain has a female protagonist
J'eanne d'arc
Heavenly Sword
Killzone had a female protagonist

outunderthestars said:
Is Siren any good? was that the episodic PSN PS3 game? Worth seeking out now?

It's extremely good. Toyama is the guy that created Silent Hill, so he definitely knows what he's doing when it comes to horror games.

TheOddOne said:
Feels a little clunky from that video, expected it to be a smoother. Maby if I see it in person, it might be better.

that's actually better than I expected. Team Siren is not exactly known for their smooth control... Siren control is pretty clunky and I'm not sure if that's intentional or not.

the gravity shifting mechanic is actually really cool, and I can see touch screen being better in this case than dpad or buttons (if they have it work with button, not sure, but I don't mind if touch is mandatory here). before watching that, I was assuming Gyro will be used for the gravity shifting mechanic, but this really surprised me.

This looks pretty promising. The art stands out, and the concept sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

I'm not sold on getting a Vita yet, but I'll be keeping an eye on this game in case I do.

Project Gravity has stylish cutscenes that resemble manga or a comic book. Players flip through panels by swiping the touch screen as if they were reading a graphic novel. The game had voice acting, but it was all in Japanese.

I took Kat into her first fight when I stepped in the next area. She can kick enemies by pressing the square button. A three hit combo ending with a jump kick finished off the purple blobs. Kat also has a gravity kick, which you can take out a blob in a single hit. An armored enemy later on was only vulnerable to gravity kicks, which you can do by floating (press R), aiming (tilt), and hitting square to strike.

The demo ended right after the fight. While short, out of all the PlayStation Vita games from Sony Computer Entertainment, Project Gravity left the biggest impression.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/0...-sony-japans-creative-playstation-vita-title/

Izayoi

Banned
Framerate looks like it dies whenever you turn off gravity, but it's looking fantastic otherwise.

Very excited.

yencid

for some reason this reminded me of folklore... and how i would love to have it on the vita :(
sadness that we will probably never see a sequel

Top Bottom