• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Daze (Vita, Team Siren) massive screens and info

Project Gravity has specific spots for Kat to land on. Touch all of them and the game progresses.

I don't like the sound of this... I hope it's just the tutorial phase of the demo and not the structure of the whole game

yencid

Callibretto said:
I don't like the sound of this... I hope it's just the tutorial phase of the demo and not the structure of the whole game
its probably like a check point to continue, you go to a specific wall, roof, cealing and then from there a cutscene happens and then you move on to another location and blah blah blah.

How About No said:
Characters look fairly nice, but that is one unappealing looking environment.

I kinda like the monochromatic look of the environment. give a nice mystery vibe, something foreign, otherworldly and impression that something is not right in this world, it plays well with the main character who lost her memories and don't have a clue what's going on.

yencid said:
its probably like a check point to continue, you go to a specific wall, roof, cealing and then from there a cutscene happens and then you move on to another location and blah blah blah.

that's still weird though, shouldn't we be exploring the environment and figure out where to go next to progress the story instead of instruction told you to this roof or that ceiling. why should I go to that specific wall of a building if the goal is simply go to tha building?

anyway, I just watched IGN demo video part 2, it seems I was right about this is just a tutorial, they got mission cleared message that the main character mastered gravity control, then it goes to cutscene.

SykoTech

Gameplay looks pretty interesting. This was the Vita gameplay that caught my eye the most during the original reel, and that still seems to be the case.

galian beast said:
SCE has had female leads before.

Right off the top of my head:

Major Kusanagi
Heavy Rain has a female protagonist
J'eanne d'arc
Heavenly Sword
Killzone had a female protagonist

I'm not that knowledgeable of of all SOny's stuff myself, and I guess they weren't either. Heavenly Sword was brought up though.

panda21

looks cool but i don't quite see how the gameplay will work. but its Team Siren so probably it will be something cool.

Erigu

panda21 said:
looks cool but i don't quite see how the gameplay will work.
Supposedly, you'll be able to go everywhere. Not at first, but the main character (I've seen "Kat" on English language websites, but "Gravity Kitten" on Japanese media?) will eventually be able to use all visible surfaces (and it's apparently a bitch to debug because of that).
And the "gravity kick" you can use when playing around with gravity will be your main weapon of sorts, in combat.
Intriguing.

Also, it was first developed as a PlayStation 3 title, and was turned into a Vita project when they realized the gyroscope would fit well with the gameplay. That's somewhat reassuring.

This looks really interesting. Could be one of the early gems for the system. Sony has been pretty terrible releasing proper trailers for its NGP games...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
In the IGN hands-on it didn't look like you could only land on set spots. There were some targets with stuff to collect, but I think you could aim anywhere to land?

You can also cancel a 'fall' and re-target if you like.

vocab

The art style is nice, the character designs are so generic though =/ Blonde hair tan bitch seems like she belongs in Naruto.

vocab said:
The art style is nice, the character designs are so generic though =/ Blonde hair tan bitch seems like she belongs in Naruto.

Really? I like the designs :O I also really like the colors they are using in this. I am hoping the gameplay delivers. Floating around in 0g exploring the city sounds really cool so they already have a good concept.

°°ToMmY°° said:
It was already translated in english at e3

yeah I'm dumb. haha.

Erigu

gofreak said:
In the IGN hands-on it didn't look like you could only land on set spots. There were some targets with stuff to collect, but I think you could aim anywhere to land?
At the beginning of the game, you're somewhat limited. After that though...

yencid said:
so its still gravity daze. YAY! (name i mean)
Apparently, it's "Gravity Daze [+ long Japanese subtitle]" in Japan, and "Project: Gravity" in the States, but they're still tentative titles in both cases.

Man

New concept image:

205323-header.jpg

http://www.destructoid.com/nice-new-concept-art-for-ps-vita-game-gravity-205323.phtml

Seems like her home.

spats

That's really nice. Can somebody rip the bigger version from SCE's site or something? I'd love to see the whole thing.

Yeah I love the Trailer. Still cant really get my head around the mechanics of the game, but especially that one seen in the beginning were she runs towards a wall looks gorgeous

Saw the concept art on Siliconera.
Looks absolutely beautiful.
I love the gameplay concept and the early build looked pretty darn good. Will be a purchase for certain.

Top Bottom