• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grilled cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Sourdough bread (Soft, but not absolutely fresh)
Baby Swiss
Colby Jack
Margarine (real butter tends to taste like burned fat)

Heaven on a rainy day.

Can we get a ruling on including a strip or two of Bacon in the sandwich? This is how I usually order it when I'm out at a diner and it's a great way to go, even if it's 'impure.'

Also, just for shits and giggles, I'll throw left over spaghetti sauce on the inside of the sandwich and dump a bunch of mozzarella in there for a Grilled Pizza sandwich. Totally offensive but also totally good.

Sourdough bread (Soft, but not absolutely fresh)
Baby Swiss
Colby Jack
Margarine (real butter tends to taste like burned fat)

Heaven on a rainy day.

Can we get a ruling on including a strip or two of Bacon in the sandwich? This is how I usually order it when I'm out at a diner and it's a great way to go, even if it's 'impure.'

Also, just for shits and giggles, I'll throw left over spaghetti sauce on the inside of the sandwich and dump a bunch of mozzarella in there for a Grilled Pizza sandwich. Totally offensive but also totally good.

That's cool, man. This is a "Wisconsin" thread apparently. That sounds pretty good actually.

Even better if you imagine you're in Wisconsin with nothing better to do on a rainy day.

Eiolon

I like Boars Head 3 Pepper colby Jack or Cabot Habanero cheddar. Sometimes a slice of capicola as well. All on Rye for me.

Retro

That's cool, man. This is a "Wisconsin" thread apparently. That sounds pretty good actually.

Even better if you imagine you're in Wisconsin with nothing better to do on a rainy day.

Well, I guess for my sins against Grilled Cheese Purity, I am condemned to hell. Which for me, oddly enough, would probably be someplace similar to Wisconsin. Hmm.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Grilled cheese is like the best thing ever. That salty liquid cheese with buttery bread in the mouth...yumyumyum

KorrZ

The way I was raised there is only one way to make Grilled Cheese. Butter, White bread and a good ol' slice of :

kraft-singles-cheese-646.jpg

Booshka

la091.jpg

RIP, this event was amazing, some amazing sandwiches here. I usually go for Rye and Sourdough breads, and any kind of cheese essentially.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
A grilled cheese to me is just two pieces of bread covered in mayo or oil that are grilled with a shit ton of melted cheese between em.

Or toasted, honestly for me it's more about the cheeses gooeyness.

The way I was raised there is only one way to make Grilled Cheese. Butter, White bread and a good ol' slice of :

I'll eat other kinds of grilled cheese. One's with fancier breads and more exotic cheeses. But the basic white bread + butter + american cheese is my favorite. The nostalgia is too powerful to ignore.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I made my daughter a grilled cheese with dave's killer bread, beechers sharp cheddar inside and the sandwich drenched in a cheddar asiago cheese sauce before grilling in butter.

Damn

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Important distinction, you called a cooked cheese sandwich with onions on it a grilled cheese. This is not, in fact, a grilled cheese. As I noted in the post you quote, I refer to it as a cheese sandwich.
Your arbitrary rules are dumb.

Wolfe

Lately I've been doing medium cheddar with thinly sliced turkey deli meat in my grilled cheese. Pretty good.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Grilled cheese is literally the only reason that American cheese has a right to exist. It is terrible and useless otherwise.

Novocaine

Toast style bread, butter, and grated Australian Tasty cheese. Everything else is shit in comparison.

Also if you don't pan fry you need to be kicked in the face.

kirby_fox

Banned
Real butter on white bread with American in the middle, 2 more slices on top with mozzarella on one side, cheddar on the other. Cook it in some garlic/onion in the pan and it's the best and easiest grilled cheese you'll have.

On that note, Tom & Chee make a pretty good one too.

Hooper

Neo Member
Real butter on white bread with American in the middle, 2 more slices on top with mozzarella on one side, cheddar on the other. Cook it in some garlic/onion in the pan and it's the best and easiest grilled cheese you'll have.

On that note, Tom & Chee make a pretty good one too.

Pep and Chee for life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom