• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grimm Season 4 |OT| Fridays 9/8c - A Dish Best Served Cold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this hasn't moved, I still like that we didn't care enough to get a new OT.

I actually enjoyed the hell out of the last episode mainly because of Patrick Fabian's guest spot which I've already decided makes Grimm canon with Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul and is now my canon for what happens to Howard.

DJ_Lae

Glad it was renewed, this season is a massive step up overall from the last one (or two). I still wish that Juliette was good and dead, and I have the suspicion they'll fuck everything up again soon, but at the moment she's not particularly annoying, Adelind is tolerable too (if weirdly likable) and they seem to be playing the other characters off each other pretty well.

I'm still one episode behind due to having to catch up (thanks to season 2 of Daredevil) but I had a blast with the beauty cream episode, mostly due to the doctor's glorious and gleeful overacting. It made the whole thing work.

Finale was awesome. Glad it was 2 hours long. Juliette possibly back, a vacant seat of power in Black Claw. HW decimated. Really interested to see what's in store for season 6.

That finale was legit. im pretty much never satisfied by finales but wow I'm like fully ok with what happened and excited for season 6 without the cliffhangers being super overbearing.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished it and loved it, Grimm really is one of my favourite shows.

This is one of only a few broadcast shows that I have generally stayed with long-term (others being the Fox Sunday comedies and Elementary). It is simply entertaining and unpretentious. Nice to see another season.

Kevin

I was so disappointed in season four and figured the show was dead. Season five has completely turned that around.

Season five was really strong and that season finale had me at the edge of my seat the entire time. I just wish we could have had this level of writing quality through the entire series.

Season 6 was only renewed for 13 episodes (with a possibility for a back 9) and unless the ratings pick up, it will likely be canceled after the first 13 episodes. Most people gave up on the show because of such a terrible season four and I'm not sure if the show will recover now that the writers decide to actually give us some actually good story arcs.

Either way I loved season five and I am excited for more. I will also continue to support the show by purchasing the Blu-Ray for season 5 (I own the first four on Blu-Ray).

For those who did no like season four, I encourage you to give season five a chance. Felt like a totally different show but in a good way.

since this show isn't starting until January now, not sure it will get picked up for more episodes. I'm sad they wouldn't even give it the chance to premier it again just before Halloween. It might have had legs after such a great season 5.

Ashodin

since this show isn't starting until January now, not sure it will get picked up for more episodes. I'm sad they wouldn't even give it the chance to premier it again just before Halloween. It might have had legs after such a great season 5.

They've stated the next season is the last. Hope they go out with a bang.

Ricker

Could not find the season 6 OT for this great show but last week's episode was pure comedy gold...I am going to miss this show :(

Ashodin

Hows season 6 so far? How does it stack up with the last few seasons?

Season 6 has been kinda okay. They had to deal with the captain issue at the beginning, and now we're building to a huge existential threat (plus revelations on the stick). So that's cool.

Kevin

Grimm's ratings have been pretty good this year for NBC. Higher then much of their lineup and good numbers for fall. It's a shame that this show was canceled and won't even get a full 22 episodes this season. I'm going to miss it!

Ashodin

It's ramping up next episode. And the last three are stated to be like "a movie" when all put together.

The tree episode was creepy af. The gruesome way people died was pretty raw for TV too, goddamn.

He'll reunite the stick with the staff and rewrite it all. Ain't no way they're going to Blake's 7 the ending of this and finish up on Nick beheading people left, right, and centre.

Doorman

I get that it's the final episode of the series and going out with a bang and all, but at some point this notion of
"the series is over--fuck it, kill off everybody!"
comes off feeling awfully cheap and cuts down the weight of each individual moment considerably.

Adelind (sp?) taking a battle axe to the chest was pretty sweet though.

edit: Well at least Trouble still has some fucking common sense.

kaiwing

Six seasons, Hulu should have them all tomorrow. I hope that this becomes a cult classic like it should. Great cast and lots of fun episodes.

That was a fine ending.

They never really had a grasp on where they were going with the Royal Family storyline from early in the series.

Besides that it was a great series I'll rewatch one day.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I
fucking KNEW they were gonna pull the star trek reset shit

Yeah, saw that coming, but they earned it.

I could definitely see a spin off coming with how the ending went, wouldn't mind that at all. I liked the final cameos, those were a nice touch.

I guess he lost the ability to go SuperZombieGrimm when he got "reset"?

Staff of Moses is OP, lol, not even sure how they would lose a fight in the future???

I was really hoping to see the original cast aged 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom